clubrsx.com Says they can kill a WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on clubrsx.com Says they can kill a WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Once again these guys are starting crap again over at clubrsx.com, how a type s with DC headers raped a ...

clubrsx.com Says they can kill a WRX

Once again these guys are starting crap again over at clubrsx.com, how a type s with DC headers raped a WRX. check the following link

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=44713
    1989 Prelude SI
    2002 Spec V
    2001 IS300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Actually you know I'm feeling some love at the end of that thread
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Sounds like not too many people were believing the story which is good since it was crap.

Automobile Magazine, 8/02

Senior Editor, Mark Gillies: "My main problem with the RSX is that WRX offers far more room and performance for the same price."

Re: Automobile Magazine, 8/02

Originally posted by palaban
    Senior Editor, Mark Gillies: "My main problem with the RSX is that WRX offers far more room and performance for the same price."
    We need a track day at Atco, MIR, or 12/24 to HUMILIATE THEM.

I'm think November time frame. When I raced one at Burke Lake, it was a joke. If only Carl hadn't switch off the camera for that due to LEGALITY.

-Jim

Thumbs down

Man...those RSX guys are full of it!!! He said he noticed a big difference with the prototype headers? I had a GSR before and headers didn't do squat for me... Maybe I'll ask him to race me since he lives around the area I live in...

~joe

they can kill us on top end. don't be so easily fooled the RSX is TERRIBLE from light to light

but i watched as my friends RSX ran an LT1 trans am from a roll several times and neither one could pull on each other.

the LT1 had minor bolt ons (flows and a new filter)

the problem is although torquey they still cant pull themselves off the line.

oh yeah...and they are broken from the factory.

somehow their rear diffy broke and only the front wheels spin. sounds like a factory defect to me
    Like drinking poison. Like eating glass.

Good stuff, Milin.

I eat all RSX-S's in my path, PERIOD.

-Jim

Bah...there was a multipage thread on RSX vs. WRX before. We're beating a dead horse.

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Milin
    oh yeah...and they are broken from the factory.

somehow their rear diffy broke and only the front wheels spin. sounds like a factory defect to me
    HAHA! That's funny (and I'm not being sarcastic)!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Just to give you guys a little bit of a reality check RSX's can be made to be faster than a WRX (WRX with a bad driver [heh]).

Case in point. I went up to Bandimere this past weekend to run my car (best of a 13.1@101 with a 1.91 60' for the weekend) and one of the team races I lined up with the president of clubrsx.com.... pretty nice guy btw. He was pushing a 75shot, intake and headers OH and he weighed in around 2500lbs WITH HIM inside the car btw!!! I weighed in at around 3150 with me inside (almost empty tank + spare and back seat removed).

SO anyway we lined up and I pulled a lousy 2.1 60' vs. his 1.9 60' and I ran a 13.75@101 to his 13.73@91.61 (WOW I forgot he trapped so low... damn 60' [heh]). BUT he did cross the 1/4 mile finish line first. Have to give him props to better driving skills than I . I think he also mentioned that earlier that week or last week he was running a 100shot on his gutted typeS and he ran a 13.1 I think it was!! That is VERY impressive for altitude.

But this story here is probably just a bad case of WRX driver being new to AWD launching + new car + potentially bad driver . Out of ALL the WRX owners I personally know in Colorado (probably around 20+) I would have to say I only know about 2-3 that can REALLY drive/lauch/take advantage of AWD well (phast and wrxharvey come to mind). I on the other hand SUCK [heh]... but at least I am getting better and can laugh about it.

Cheers.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    SO anyway we lined up and I pulled a lousy 2.1 60' vs. his 1.9 60' and I ran a 13.75@101 to his 13.73@91.61 (WOW I forgot he trapped so low... damn 60' [heh]). BUT he did cross the 1/4 mile finish line first. Have to give him props to better driving skills than I . I think he also mentioned that earlier that week or last week he was running a 100shot on his gutted typeS and he ran a 13.1 I think it was!! That is VERY impressive for altitude.

But this story here is probably just a bad case of WRX driver being new to AWD launching + new car + potentially bad driver . Out of ALL the WRX owners I personally know in Colorado (probably around 20+) I would have to say I only know about 2-3 that can REALLY drive well (phast and wrxharvey come to mind). I on the other hand SUCK [heh]... but at least I can laugh about it.

Cheers.
    So, he is heavily modded and I am heavily modded. At 60' above or 5800' above, a 13.1----13.73@19.61mph is impressive??!!?? Check your NHRA correction factors again, Dave. Pace, Phast, Nathan all bust out high 12s??!!?

-Jim

This is getting absurd. The RSX's dont' claim to bring the heat in MY presence NEVER. My only surprise at the track was a yellow ITR that runs 13.7-13.9@101+ all the time NA.

When I meet a Type S and compliment, they say thanks. When I tell them what I drive, they praise the WRX or back up and walk away.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

So, he is heavily modded and I am heavily modded. At 60' above or 5800' above, a 13.1----13.73@19.61mph is impressive??!!?? Check your NHRA correction factors again, Dave. Pace, Phast, Nathan all bust out high 12s??!!?

-Jim
    When I was typing 60' I was refering to 60 foot times on 1/4 mile timeslips... the first 60 feet of the track that your car gets timed through. Not 60 feet above sea level so much. And yeah I think a 13.73 is pretty impressive for a NA car with a 75shot (granted it was gutted TO HELL and back but still). Considering phast ran a 12.6@109 with a turbo car (at 18-19psi) PLUS a 70shot?!?! He has an extra ~18psi of turbo boost on top of what the RSX guy had.

And I don't care what the NHRA correction values say when you are talking forced induction AND altitude I don't think ANYONE knows the correct correction factor... but that is just MHO .
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Hey Dave.

Um, hate to break this too you, bud.

http://www.atcorace.com/directions.shtml

ATCO IS SIXTY FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search...der=descending

-Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast