clubrsx.com Says they can kill a WRX - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on clubrsx.com Says they can kill a WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by PlatinumWRX Hey Dave. Um, hate to break this too you, bud. http://www.atcorace.com/directions.shtml ATCO IS SIXTY FEET ABOVE ...

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Hey Dave.

Um, hate to break this too you, bud.

http://www.atcorace.com/directions.shtml

ATCO IS SIXTY FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL.

-Jim
    Just one question... when and how did ATCO get brought into this? Was this when you were saying that you don't care if you are at 60' or 5800' above sea level with ATCO and Bandimere respectively?
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    Just one question... when and how did ATCO get brought into this? Was this when you were saying that you don't care if you are at 60' or 5800' above sea level with ATCO and Bandimere respectively?
    Right. It's the only way to compare the times. You have to correct for atm. pressure. Mile high at Bandimere is a BEAUTIFUL track, but Atco and Englishtown, NJ are the fastest in the NHRA (AFAIK). Ya dig?

-Jim

I think the killer said it best with:

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I think the killer said it best with:

Hehe, yes, we ALL know that it is physically impossible for a stock WRX to lose to a modded RSX.

teh WRX can nevAr lose!!

PS Fastest RSX on ClubRSX is 13.268@108.15 on a 75 shot. Now, that time might not be fast enough to beat you, but it should be able to edge out a stock WRX... barely... if the WRX driver sucked. This is just FYI, not trying to take ANYTHING away from the WRX.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I'm not trying to hate on these RSX-S's but they are not that fast. All the ones I come across either do not want to run or I just kill 'em...YES, even on the highway @ speed...but then again, I'm far from stock.

~joe

Originally posted by valdezj
    I'm not trying to hate on these RSX-S's but they are not that fast. All the ones I come across either do not want to run or I just kill 'em...YES, even on the highway @ speed...but then again, I'm far from stock.

~joe
    Agreed, a modded WRX should be able to crush a stock RSX at any speed. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone though!
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Agreed, a modded WRX should be able to crush a stock RSX at any speed. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone though!
    PRECISELY.

-Jim

rsx

I was reading everybody thread and i took it upon myself to read up on the acura typy s. The best stats i found was a zero to sixty
    of 6.1 and the 1/4 at 14.8 at 95.1 Car and Driver magazine.I don't
    know about you all but that about as fast as a mustang gt and not to far behind a wrx not to mention the top speed on that bastard 147 mph before you hit the relay at 8300rpm
    wrx for life

Banned
    he says 60 shto then he ahs a 50 shot?
    Maybe typo?

Re: rsx

Originally posted by wrxallwheel
    I was reading everybody thread and i took it upon myself to read up on the acura typy s. The best stats i found was a zero to sixty
    of 6.1 and the 1/4 at 14.8 at 95.1 Car and Driver magazine.I don't
    know about you all but that about as fast as a mustang gt and not to far behind a wrx not to mention the top speed on that bastard 147 mph before you hit the relay at 8300rpm
    wrx for life
    I would take that 0-60 in 6.1 with a huge grain of salt, not a lot of people believe that to be very realistic. Also, although 14.8 seems to be possible (a couple people have reported it but have no time slips), 15 flat is more regularly attainable.

And no, the RSX is not about as fast as a 99+ GT!! We are pretty far away from 13.9-14.1 stock.
    2002 RSX Type S

Re: Re: rsx

Originally posted by RSXSucks

I would take that 0-60 in 6.1 with a huge grain of salt, not a lot of people believe that to be very realistic. Also, although 14.8 seems to be possible (a couple people have reported it but have no time slips), 15 flat is more regularly attainable.

And no, the RSX is not about as fast as a 99+ GT!! We are pretty far away from 13.9-14.1 stock.
    Yea man, but we're Honda guys and we're all *******s, remember?

doesn't this just get a bit old? Just like on ClubRSX when people claim to beat WRX's and 99.9% of intelligent posters call BS because we're not stupid and we know exactly what our cars can do.

RSX-S vs. Mustang GT (later than '98) - GT wins
    RSX-S vs. WRX - WRX wins

Of course, all WRX and Mustang GT owners are the **** at driving manual. There's no way in hell, on this planet, that an experienced RSX-S driver could possibly run across a GT or WRX driver that doesn't know the first thing about a manny, even though they decided they wanted to get one. That would never happen - WRX and GT's always get unbelievable launches even w/ ****ty drivers, didn't you know that?????

This "all Honda's suck, etc..." gets just as old as the threads on ClubRSX that claim they've taken down multiple WRX's. Anyone that loves cars and claims to know anything about them will typically be intelligent and as I hope the RSX-S owners on this board have shown, are willing to discuss and admit the failures of their cars.

I've been in Dodge Stealth R/T's, 'Vettes, Ferrari's, etc... and I know that my car is not fast. There - that's 2 RSX'ers on this board that have said it. So please, stop generalizing. Not this thread particularly, but in other threads.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by WRX>MUSTANG
    he says 60 shto then he ahs a 50 shot?
    Maybe typo?
    speaking of typos...

just messin with ya.

Re: Re: Re: rsx

Originally posted by smokey

I've been in Dodge Stealth R/T's, 'Vettes, Ferrari's, etc... and I know that my car is not fast. There - that's 2 RSX'ers on this board that have said it. So please, stop generalizing. Not this thread particularly, but in other threads.
    But your car looks nice and has leather and a sunroof. Most of us here like RSXs, but not a lot of us (any of us) want them.

I say let the RSX guys say our cars are ugly. I think the rear end of my car looks sweet, and thats the only view the RSXers are seeing anyway.
    Last edited by wrxinthehouse; 09-25-2002 at 12:50 PM.

Re: Re: Re: Re: rsx

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse

But your car looks nice and has leather and a sunroof. Most of us here like RSXs, but not a lot of them want them.

I say let the RSX guys say our cars are ugly. I think the rear end of my car looks sweet, and thats the only view the RSXers are seeing anyway.
    If anything I think the new RSX is ugly, it is suffering from the big butt syndrome that seems to have plagued Honda and toyota vehicle designs of late. It's the Mini-Mini Van toyota Echo syndrome
    1989 Prelude SI
    2002 Spec V
    2001 IS300

Re: Re: Re: Re: rsx

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse

But your car looks nice and has leather and a sunroof. Most of us here like RSXs, but not a lot of us (any of us) want them.

OK, I think you missed the point of my post. Your sarcasm was duely noted...

SOME RSX guys think your car is ugly...that's subjective as hell. I own a RSX-S and I think your car is very nice looking and performs well, etc... I think we RSX'ers on this board have given your car its due.

And your comment about "that's the only view the RSXers are going to see anyway" well, most will for sure.

My point: don't generalize about people who own Honda's. Its that simple. Car enthusiasts are just that...so just because some 16 year old punk that's never been in anything but an RSX-S thinks his car is the ****, doesn't mean we all do...I feel this type of attitude prevails on every car board and I think its sad. I have this feeling that these types of people actually would have hate for an RSX if they pulled up next to one at a light, just because of a message board. That is sad.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.