Raced a new stang GT (04 bodystyle)

This is a discussion on Raced a new stang GT (04 bodystyle) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruisin around bored easter afternoon just enjoying the (reletively for NJ) light traffic for the afternoon and i ...

Raced a new stang GT (04 bodystyle)

I was cruisin around bored easter afternoon just enjoying the (reletively for NJ) light traffic for the afternoon and i notice this biker looking older guy (maybe 45ish) in a red mustang GT (It was an 03-04, and sounded like it had some work done, really loud exhaust and that growly intake sound) starting to follow me through traffic. So i start praying to the stoplight god hoping that he shines down on me...and he does.

We stopped at the red light, me in the middle lane and he's in the right, but he didnt pull up even past my back bumper, so i was thinkin maybe he didnt want any. Well the light turns green and i roll off the start, i hear him nail it and see him flying up from behind me, i punch it in first at about 25, succeed in causing all the cd's in the pocket under my radio to shower down, and by the time my turbo spools we're basically side by side (front of my hood about even with his A-pillar). We hold just like this. At about the top of 2nd he waives at me like he expects me to dissapear behind him at higher speeds(maybe he thought i was stock, or that i actually launched on the "head start he might have thought he gave me) but we stayed exacltly like this up till i hit the breaks around 80 because of upcomming traffic and an light ahead turning red.

So as we stop for the next light i see him and he looks PISSED with a capital P, its hard to even explain how angry this guy looked, i swear he was turning red, i just laughed a little. Well he manages to get around the car he was stuck behind after that light turns green just in time to line up next to me at the next light thats turning red. I'm thinking sweet...I get to actually launch this time

So i look over and this guy gives me one of those "bring it on waves" (like neo does in the matrix) and i give him a thumbs up and a rev. Unfortunatly i cant see the light going the other way so i couldnt really guage when it was gunna change, once it does it took me a second to react but nailed a decent launch (nothing great but ok) as his back bumper is at my front, instantly I jump up next to him in 1st, and pull about a 1/2 car in 2nd, we hold exactly like this with his front bumper at my back door all the way up to well over 100 (wasnt looking at the speedo but i was most of the way through 4th gear, maybe 120ish) before i see a car comming ahead and hit the breaks, while he kept on going.

Didnt get to see his face the 2nd run, but wish i had... I think i taught that guy a little bit about imports....By the way he acted the first run i think he thaught i was just some civic with a hoodscoop guess he learned his lesson. Really makes me wish i had the VF-34 thats sitting in my bedroom installed already...friday cant come fast enough

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I was cruisin around bored easter afternoon just enjoying the (reletively for NJ) light traffic for the afternoon and i notice this biker looking older guy (maybe 45ish) in a red mustang GT (It was an 03-04, and sounded like it had some work done, really loud exhaust and that growly intake sound) starting to follow me through traffic. So i start praying to the stoplight god hoping that he shines down on me...and he does.

We stopped at the red light, me in the middle lane and he's in the right, but he didnt pull up even past my back bumper, so i was thinkin maybe he didnt want any. Well the light turns green and i roll off the start, i hear him nail it and see him flying up from behind me, i punch it in first at about 25, succeed in causing all the cd's in the pocket under my radio to shower down, and by the time my turbo spools we're basically side by side (front of my hood about even with his A-pillar). We hold just like this. At about the top of 2nd he waives at me like he expects me to dissapear behind him at higher speeds(maybe he thought i was stock, or that i actually launched on the "head start he might have thought he gave me) but we stayed exacltly like this up till i hit the breaks around 80 because of upcomming traffic and an light ahead turning red.

So as we stop for the next light i see him and he looks PISSED with a capital P, its hard to even explain how angry this guy looked, i swear he was turning red, i just laughed a little. Well he manages to get around the car he was stuck behind after that light turns green just in time to line up next to me at the next light thats turning red. I'm thinking sweet...I get to actually launch this time

So i look over and this guy gives me one of those "bring it on waves" (like neo does in the matrix) and i give him a thumbs up and a rev. Unfortunatly i cant see the light going the other way so i couldnt really guage when it was gunna change, once it does it took me a second to react but nailed a decent launch (nothing great but ok) as his back bumper is at my front, instantly I jump up next to him in 1st, and pull about a 1/2 car in 2nd, we hold exactly like this with his front bumper at my back door all the way up to well over 100 (wasnt looking at the speedo but i was most of the way through 4th gear, maybe 120ish) before i see a car comming ahead and hit the breaks, while he kept on going.

Didnt get to see his face the 2nd run, but wish i had... I think i taught that guy a little bit about imports....By the way he acted the first run i think he thaught i was just some civic with a hoodscoop guess he learned his lesson. Really makes me wish i had the VF-34 thats sitting in my bedroom installed already...friday cant come fast enough
    Great kill man. way to show mr. muscle guy what we're all about

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Mods? And nice kill..

Great, you've just convinced another GT owner to go FI Good Kill
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    Great, you've just convinced another GT owner to go FI Good Kill

Was he stock from what you could see?

what mods do you have?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.