Smoked a Z Hard! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Smoked a Z Hard! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR I agree.. The LT1 was nothing more then a 350 with TPI and a 4 bolt ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I agree.. The LT1 was nothing more then a 350 with TPI and a 4 bolt main. Nice motors and could be modded easy enough but bone stock was only about 175hp to 190hp maybe.. When the SS got the LS1 it was putting down 275hp I believe.. and could be modded to 500+ easy enough.. That was a monster of a motor for it's day..
    The stock LT1 typically dyno around 240 - 260 RWHP. Not only '98+ SS have the LS1, so did WS6, Forumula, T/A, and Z28 and the stock LS1 typically dyno 290 - 320 RWHP, some bit less and some bit higher of the range I've given.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79
    good kill, i bet that dude didn't expect to lose that bad to an import. Can't wait until I get my stage 2 so I can do the same to the v8 guys around here.

04 wrx wrb stock

I kill Z28's and i have a few mods but no EM yet. normal up/TBE flywheel/cluth stuff.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I agree.. The LT1 was nothing more then a 350 with TPI and a 4 bolt main. Nice motors and could be modded easy enough but bone stock was only about 175hp to 190hp maybe.. When the SS got the LS1 it was putting down 275hp I believe.. and could be modded to 500+ easy enough.. That was a monster of a motor for it's day..
    well, your a little short on your numbers there. An LT1 will put down anywhere from 230-250whp, where as the LS1's generally make 285-300whp stock.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

How much do they weigh? The Firebirds look heavy but the camaros look pretty lean with that much power
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    75 k on original clutch no problems. It's not the tranny it's the driver. I have plenty of 5k launches too!

I have been told this is the car with the glass tranny! I have 81 k and at 80 changed my tranny fluid again, but this time i had metal flakes. =(
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    How much do they weigh? The Firebirds look heavy but the camaros look pretty lean with that much power
    Typically around 3300-3500 lbs, depending on options. Trans Ams with the extra body work, t-tops, power leather seats, and more options weigh a bit more than the stripper Formula-Firebirds or Camaros. The Formulas and Camaros weigh about the same, with the difference probably being the headlight motors.

Last time I weighed mine at the transfer station, it clocked in at 3950 with me in it (180 #'s and 3/4 tank of fuel), so the convertibles are even heavier. Hence, why I dyno at 405 rwhp, yet only trap at 115...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Typically around 3300-3500 lbs, depending on options. Trans Ams with the extra body work, t-tops, power leather seats, and more options weigh a bit more than the stripper Formula-Firebirds or Camaros. The Formulas and Camaros weigh about the same, with the difference probably being the headlight motors.

Last time I weighed mine at the transfer station, it clocked in at 3950 with me in it (180 #'s and 3/4 tank of fuel), so the convertibles are even heavier. Hence, why I dyno at 405 rwhp, yet only trap at 115...
    They're actually pretty light for packing a bulk chassis and a V8
    Even with the lower trap speed, I'd take the convertible any day (with a roll cage of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk

Thats not bad at all. You had yourself and you have a convt.
    I have NEVER been an American car guy, but for "some" reason, I have always wanted a WS6. I dont know why, or what it is about the car, but I really like the car. I have been in my buddies firehawk when it was stock, and then again modded. I have driven my uncle's WS6 when it was stock, then with bolt on's, and then supercharged. As I said, I dont know what it is, but for some odd reason I just really like the car and would not mind owning one if I lived in a better climate. maybe a black or silver WS6 with black leather and T-tops.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    The stock LT1 typically dyno around 240 - 260 RWHP. Not only '98+ SS have the LS1, so did WS6, Forumula, T/A, and Z28 and the stock LS1 typically dyno 290 - 320 RWHP, some bit less and some bit higher of the range I've given.
    That odd cause I have two friends with Camaros. One GenII with a LT1 and dynoed stock 185ish rhp and one had a 98 SS with the LS1 and stock dynoed at 275ish rhp.

But in any case still enough to be shocked that he walled on one a high speeds..

That odd cause I have two friends with Camaros. One GenII with a LT1 and dynoed stock 185ish rhp and one had a 98 SS with the LS1 and stock dynoed at 275ish rhp.

But in any case still enough to be shocked that he walled on one a high speeds..
    Mustang Dynos will give lower readings compared to the more widely used DynoJet, so the results you saw might be typical for that particular dyno. As vice president of the Midwest F-Body Association ( http://forum.fbody.us/ ), I've seen well over 100 LS1's on the dyno. I've seen one stock automatic dyno at 278 rwhp and it was breaking up on top due to bad spark plugs. The rest were all in 295-320 rwhp range for a stock vehicle (A4's lower than M6's transmissions...).

As for the LT1 you saw, was it in a 2nd Gen Camaro (old school carbed LT-1?), or was it a Gen 2 Fuel Injected LT1 in a 4th gen Camaro? The Gen 2 LT1 in the 4th gen cars will still generally dyno in the low to mid 200's on a car that is running correctly.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Dan already answered it.

I was an engine moderator for LS1.com and later LS2.com and also organized local F-Body dyno tests number of times. So, based on what I've seen on the message boards and personally on local dyno tests, the range I've given in previous post is correct.

My bone stock 2000 SS dyno'ed 305 rwhp and 310 rwtq.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12