Raced on my test drive - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced on my test drive within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hehe my dealer was really cool too. he wanted me and my brother (who went with me cuz he works ...

hehe my dealer was really cool too. he wanted me and my brother (who went with me cuz he works in the auto industry and is a really good driver) to really lay on the car. needless to say my brother took a sweeping right at about 60 and drifted the car, pretty sweet. The whole time the dealer was also talking about all the mods i should do... like the 3/16" connector mod, and he was like if i were you i'd replace the turbo right away and hold on to the old one so if you need to go to get the car serviced you can just swap the old one in etc etc hehe.
    WRB WRX wagon in 6-8 weeks.... booooo! wait

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wrxin, i totally agree w/ you about the break in period. jimmyny, my first question to you is how old are you?? my second is, how long have you been able to spell "Duh"?? of course there is a break in period. you dont push a car straight from the factory, just like wrxin said, when you first change the oil, there are metal filings from the wear of the new parts. its like when you wake up in the morning. you stand slowly and all your bones pop and crack as you stretch. pretty much the same concept. the parts havent been used together, and not every part is made perfect, so there is some extra wear on the engine during the first period of the rex's life. i would go easy on a rex for the first 2,000 miles, just to be safe. thats whet i did w/ mine, and its great so far......so please, get your fact straight, b/c i would hate to see somthing bad happen to any rex.

I just received "Training WRX" by Nick Warne. Don't have my car yet, but its never to soon to get ready!

Anyhoo, on page 42 in the Maintenance chapter, they mention the break in period in relation to sythetic oil, saying that one shouldn't switch to this oil until after the engine's broken in.

I quote, "The bores of the Subaru Turbo engine are very hard and take between 5-10,000 km (3-6,000 miles) to fully bed in." Seems this widely accepted book thinks there is a break-in period.

But how is one supposed to test drive a car that is know for performance without pushing it a little? Especially with a pesky civic hatchback egging one on?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12