05 sti vs 04 sti
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 sti vs 04 sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well last weekend me and my friend decided to go out and do a couple pulls, i wanted to see ...

05 sti vs 04 sti

well last weekend me and my friend decided to go out and do a couple pulls, i wanted to see the difference in modifcation and how much power they gave my friends 04 sti. here the mods

04 sti: headers,kn intake, and a turbo back

05 sti: hks cat back

we did a couple runs, the first was a second gear pull and did three honks and went. i jumped a littel but in front for like a second buy the time we shifted to third he passed me and kept going, pulling hard to about he had car by 4

then a roll from first, that time i got walked on i shut down by third cause there was no hope, it wasnt even close.

i was amazed those mods made a nice difference i have my kn intake in my car buy tusday so we will go again and see if that makes a diff, and as a mod we are goign to keep testing to see what the best mix of mods but if you looking for a quick sti compared to a stock headers kn intake and a turbo back, its awsome
    05 STi....supercars....meet your kryptonite

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats cool to have a freind with the same car to compare different mods.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Dont think it was the headers and the intake that pulled ya, it was that heavy A$$ Radio of yours

i like the 05 STi better than the 04

tbe owns all
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

yea about the radio, it is so funny to look at all those littel diffs between them. like the sticker on the door of the 04 is longer then a 05 and stupid things like that. and as far as the heavy a$$ radio, well we have shaved windshilds so there

it was probably mostly the dp that got you.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Get A Downpipe
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

i like the 05 STi better than the 04
    ..hmm...well, I like the 04 STi better than the 05.. imo. But who really cares, there the same damm car...
    Farewell my Darkside 2000 Honda Accord EXV6. Now a proud owner of a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi!

Quote Originally Posted by Vader2k
    ..hmm...well, I like the 04 STi better than the 05.. imo. But who really cares, there the same damm car...
    Well, 95% the same car, but the 05s are definitely improved, just as I'm sure the 06s will be an improvement over the 05s. The 05s received a yaw-sensor, helical front diff, wider rims, beefier wheel hubs, aluminum lateral links, updated fuel delivery system, interior changes, stereo, revised steering rack, power steering oil cooler, more complex ECU (according to Cobb) and quite a few other small things.

Coming from a Honda world, I'm not used to the changes Subaru makes year-to-year.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Hey Digi, I know the changes. Thanks for repeating them again... I was just saying how some people make a bigger deal about one year over the other, that was all...

Ps - I am also a Honda guys.... 91 Prelude Si & 00 Accord V6...
    Farewell my Darkside 2000 Honda Accord EXV6. Now a proud owner of a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi!

well it wasnt about 04 vs 05 really. there reason i post this is because from those mild mods the difference is awsome thats all. i got the o5 because i had a 03 wrx and i didnt want to have the same dash and no radio.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.