03 V6 Altima(5 speed) vs Evo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 V6 Altima(5 speed) vs Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yup it's been slow, but this was a good run, believe it or not. -03 Altima V6 Mods, Cold air ...

03 V6 Altima(5 speed) vs Evo

Yup it's been slow, but this was a good run, believe it or not.

-03 Altima V6 Mods, Cold air intake, Full 3inch headerback exaust, no cats, chip, light weight pulley.

-Evo Dynoflash, K&N, 20psi

Third gear roll. I instantly jumped out 1 car and walked him 3-4 cars by 100mph.
    Then we shut down for a light.

-Dead stop,. I jumped out about 2 cars and had a nice lead by the end of third gear, maybe 4 cars. Shut down.

Cars pretty quick. Said he ran a 14.2 at English town.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. Is that the silver one thats always around DPA? Someone in LISC knows him I think, if he is the one im thinking of.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    Nice kill. Is that the silver one thats always around DPA? Someone in LISC knows him I think, if he is the one im thinking of.
    Might be there are a few of them around. This one was black with black rims.

nice kill buddy. Let me know when u get the new setup in, we can run again
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    nice kill buddy. Let me know when u get the new setup in, we can run again
    Thanks Ryan. Round three will be coming soon. Need a day off from work to go up to Pruven. Just to busy.

good kill

for what it is, the 5spd 3.5 altima is pretty nice car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good kill

yeah they are. fast, comfortable, and the VQ35 is a torque monster. but needs LSD bad.
    but the worse is the 2002-2004 interior, i would give it near quality to SRT-4. i really think its that awful.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsahui2
    yeah they are. fast, comfortable, and the VQ35 is a torque monster. but needs LSD bad.
    but the worse is the 2002-2004 interior, i would give it near quality to SRT-4. i really think its that awful.
    yeah I agree. I dont know what they were thinking. Thats why I liked the 5.5gen maxima's so much better. If the 02' alti came w/ a better interior and LSD I might very well looking into purchasing one
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    hehehe...for a recall mobile its a pretty nice car.
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

nice runs
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Yup it's been slow, but this was a good run, believe it or not.

-03 Altima V6 Mods, Cold air intake, Full 3inch headerback exaust, no cats, chip, light weight pulley.

-Evo Dynoflash, K&N, 20psi

Third gear roll. I instantly jumped out 1 car and walked him 3-4 cars by 100mph.
    Then we shut down for a light.

-Dead stop,. I jumped out about 2 cars and had a nice lead by the end of third gear, maybe 4 cars. Shut down.

Cars pretty quick. Said he ran a 14.2 at English town.
    14.2 @ e-town? I'm sure it was an auto altima right? cuz IIRC, a 5spd altima can do 13s easily with the mods you listed above.....unless the driver sucks

well anyway your evo is fast! do you know how well stock EVOs do against say a manual altima with similiar mods to the one u raced? from a roll that is...obviously from a dig its all over...

EDIT :nevermind...the title says its a 5spd manual....
    Last edited by steven88; 04-03-2005 at 01:03 AM.

damn will i'm jealous you've been busy racing all these cars lately good kill

Nice kill.

We have an 03 altima 3.5se auto and its ok but you are right the interior is poop. We have had it only a year and a half and it looks like ****.

I must say I love the vq35de though its torquey and a very reliable engine. Timing chain>Timing belt. A little noisier but well worth it.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by steven88
    14.2 @ e-town? I'm sure it was an auto altima right? cuz IIRC, a 5spd altima can do 13s easily with the mods you listed above.....unless the driver sucks

well anyway your evo is fast! do you know how well stock EVOs do against say a manual altima with similiar mods to the one u raced? from a roll that is...obviously from a dig its all over...

I'm sure he could hit high 13's with slicks. My friends 03 auto V6 Altima with similiar mods ran a 14.5 on stock tires.
    They seem to have traction issues.

Quote Originally Posted by steven88

traction is the issue here. The car is capable of 13.7 or so, but its rare to see someone actually get the car to its potential due to traction. The tires he had on the car could have made all the difference in the world. When I had my modded maxima, getting traction was a PITA. I have seen guys with bolt on's (5.5 gen maxima 6spd's) run 14.4's on stock tires and mediocre driving, and then again in the same conditions and same day, a better driver that got rid of the crappy RE92's run a 14.3 completely stock other than the tires.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.