e46 m3 vs. my r32 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

This is a discussion on e46 m3 vs. my r32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ellinopedo182 the r32 is very capable of mid low 13's @ 102-103mph with just 600 dollars of ...

  1. #46
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    the r32 is very capable of mid low 13's @ 102-103mph with just 600 dollars of modifications. It is a fast car, for what it is. I pull on stock evo's from a roll, and stay even with stock sti's (with my mods). The m3 on the other hand is a much faster car. From a stop, sure, i can get the m3 to about 80-85mph, but then the m3 starts to gain on me and eventually pass me. No offense, but the sti vs. m3 stock for stock from a roll is not even a match.

    03 cobras are fast, but not everybody wants to buy an 03 cobra. I would love to have one, but id rather have an m3. As much as the raw power in the 03 is mindblowing, id rather sacrifice a little of it for some luxury and class, and xenon headlights .
    Stock STi's and Evo's have poor topend. Trap around 101-102mph. Thats OK. See your like me, you like to go from a roll. That's why I'm looking into a big V8
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    just go buy an M3 already

    your wasting time
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  4. #48
    Registered User Shaitiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Stock STi's and Evo's have poor topend. Trap around 101-102mph. Thats OK. See your like me, you like to go from a roll. That's why I'm looking into a big V8
    I'm like you guys. I sure do miss my SS .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

    SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

  5. #49
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    M3's are slooooow.

    R32's are slooooow.


    J/K, I love them both and they are both really nice cars. (and they are both overpriced.)


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  6. #50
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    M3's are slooooow.

    R32's are slooooow.


    J/K, I love them both and they are both really nice cars. (and they are both overpriced.)


    ...
    They are no mach for your LS2
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

  7. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    They are no mach for your LS2
    eh, american cars. ill win cause by the time i get to the quarter mile, they would have broken down.

    jk. funny thing, first time i raced my friends m3, i won in my r32. Seemed his clutch stopped working, and couldnt get into gear. We had to push him to actually engage and he took it into service.

    guys, my day sucks. i got a 115/55 earlier this week, a 61/40 today(BOGUS, in traffic, 4 lanes FULL OF CARS, no way i was even doing over 40, taken to the police station, he just wanted to meet quota and messed with me, he wouldnt show us his laser gun), my gf's gti got hit with a golf ball and dented badly, fire alarm in my dorms and i had to walk down 16 floors, and the damn condom broke!

    NOT A GOOD DAY!

    I JUST want my m3. then i wouldnt have been profiled as a speed raced, or at least i want to think that.

    peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  8. #52
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    eh, american cars. ill win cause by the time i get to the quarter mile, they would have broken down.

    jk. funny thing, first time i raced my friends m3, i won in my r32. Seemed his clutch stopped working, and couldnt get into gear. We had to push him to actually engage and he took it into service.

    guys, my day sucks. i got a 115/55 earlier this week, a 61/40 today(BOGUS, in traffic, 4 lanes FULL OF CARS, no way i was even doing over 40, taken to the police station, he just wanted to meet quota and messed with me, he wouldnt show us his laser gun), my gf's gti got hit with a golf ball and dented badly, fire alarm in my dorms and i had to walk down 16 floors, and the damn condom broke!

    NOT A GOOD DAY!

    I JUST want my m3. then i wouldnt have been profiled as a speed raced, or at least i want to think that.

    peter

    sorry to hear about your bad day

    honestly though, dont expect any less attention in an M3 at age 20 than you get in your R32
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  9. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    sorry to hear about your bad day

    honestly though, dont expect any less attention in an M3 at age 20 than you get in your R32
    cops dont even look at me in the sl500. Seriously, i remember speeding past a cop, he didnt even look at my car. It was awesome, i felt... good.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  10. #54
    Moderating U! KurleeDaddeeWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,317
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    sorry to hear about your bad day

    honestly though, dont expect any less attention in an M3 at age 20 than you get in your R32
    20 years old and already a scientist with a SL500? Are you one of those young phenoms that went through college at age 12?

  11. #55
    Registered User SteelCity_WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    362
    I thought the other guy was a scientist, he wanted to be a doctor...man I am lost. I just wanna see some new picks of his M3 (hurry and buy!)

  12. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    i wont get my m3 somewhere in the next two weeks. hold your horses. ill post pics.

    i am not a scientist, unless i wanted to stop after next year, then i could go work as a chemist, but im going to med school to become a doctor.

    i am 21.

    they are called prodigy's... and no, i am not one of them.

    Peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  13. #57
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    20 years old and already a scientist with a SL500? Are you one of those young phenoms that went through college at age 12?
    being a scientist isn't going to afford you an SL500, unless you discover something amazing. trust me im a scientist.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  14. #58
    Registered User enash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    A full exhaust on that M5 could be up wards 3-7k
    My friend has a supersprint Exhaust with X pipe. It cost about 800$ a side and about 500 for the X pipe. Sounds Really nice.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

  15. #59
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    20 years old and already a scientist with a SL500? Are you one of those young phenoms that went through college at age 12?
    I assume you accidentally quoted wrong, because you couldn't be refering to me
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  16. #60
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    cops dont even look at me in the sl500. Seriously, i remember speeding past a cop, he didnt even look at my car. It was awesome, i felt... good.
    ok, yeah... I will give you that. In chicago the cops targer import "racer" cars more than fast, luxury cars...The M3 will still earn you attention, a lot less compared to an STi or EVO, but its not like an R32 looks like a "teen boy, road racer" like the latter
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •