e46 m3 vs. my r32 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

This is a discussion on e46 m3 vs. my r32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by enash99 I will have to ask him when i get home tonight. I think he ran a ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I will have to ask him when i get home tonight. I think he ran a 12.6 1/4 and was around 1.8 60 times.

    He has intake mods, great exhaust work, ssr wheels with brembo big brake package, Danin EM, coil overs (forget the brand) dual 4 " ram air intakes (note the polished intakes on the front), Tranny work, flywheel, rear diff, lightened drive shaft, UUC mounts all through, and some head work.

    it is putting out about 580 - 600 not bad but it is a 4000 lb car.
    actually, id expect much better than 12.6, with that hp. M5 is a 3950lb car with 390hp stock running 13.2 @ 108mph, an increase of about 200hp should increase the time by more than .5 a second, imo.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User 1968OldsMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    2
    I have always had a hard on for BMW'S and even mercedes and the European cars are all really nice i wanted one real bad for a long time i almost got a 03 M3 but the girlfriend decided she wanted a Escalade which is going to set me back a few years so it looks like i'm sol for a few years till we pay off the Escalade or she gets a raise lol. I was always a big fan of an E55 AMG those are crazy. I'm telling you one day i will have my european play toy.

    At any rate i'll have to post pics of my escalade i got bored at work thursday and ordered a supercharger and an exhaust for it, lol chrissy is going to be so pissed, i love it.
    ASE Certified tech. Nissan Master Certified

    2003 WRB Auto Wingless Wrx Turbo Timer
    Perrin Short Intake, Downpipe And CatBack. Waiting on the weather for install to cold.

    1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertable 355Ci 423rwhp 593 ft/lbs tq Nice little play toy

  4. #33
    Registered User enash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    actually, id expect much better than 12.6, with that hp. M5 is a 3950lb car with 390hp stock running 13.2 @ 108mph, an increase of about 200hp should increase the time by more than .5 a second, imo.
    Well like i said im not sure what he runs, it maybe faster he has told me but i don't remember. Might be faster. Reguardless it is a sweet ride.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

  5. #34
    Registered User enash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    sorry for those that hate seeing young kids driving nice cars, but you guys gotta admit, i may drive nice cars... but i still work my ass off.
    peter

    Don't think that people hate. I don't hate the fact that there are young kids driving nice cars. When i was young i lived with my father who was very well off and i had a nice car in high school. But I think what really upsets others is the attitude that tends to go along with some of the younger drivers that haven't had to work for it. Seems like from what you have said you are putting in alot of hard work that will pay off for you in the future and for that you should be commended. Being wealthy and driving a nice car is one thing, being wealthy and showing off all the time or bragging is another.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

  6. #35
    Registered User TurboWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    3,109
    Here look into this car. I am. 400hp. Beautiful Interoir. Ive heard of 05 GTO's hitting 12.9's bone stock.
    Last edited by TurboWill; 12-10-2005 at 08:58 AM.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Don't think that people hate. I don't hate the fact that there are young kids driving nice cars. When i was young i lived with my father who was very well off and i had a nice car in high school. But I think what really upsets others is the attitude that tends to go along with some of the younger drivers that haven't had to work for it. Seems like from what you have said you are putting in alot of hard work that will pay off for you in the future and for that you should be commended. Being wealthy and driving a nice car is one thing, being wealthy and showing off all the time or bragging is another.
    i know that. im greek, and there are a lot of greek kids(im greek btw) with wealthy parents who like to go around showing off what they have, their girls, trying to act bad ass. Thank god i don't do that. Yes, i do drive new cars, and all... but i dont go around showing it off. I dont drive up to people and make them feel bad because they cant afford a nice car, i dont try picking up girls in my car... i prefer the girls to like me for me and then they can find out about who i am. Trust me, i cannot stand seeing these kids who just LOVE to show off and have nothing to prove to the rest about themselves. Sure your parents may have money, but what can you show off about urself? I am happy, i work hard, and go to school... and hopefully i will become a doctor (cardio surgeon) and i can provide myself everything that i ever wanted without involving my parents.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  8. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Here look into this car. I am. 400hp. Beautiful Interoir. Ive heard of 05 GTO's hitting 12.9's bone stock.
    test drove one a few weeks back. Power was nice, car interior was superb for an american car, especially pontiac... just wasn't me.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  9. #38
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i know that. im greek, and there are a lot of greek kids(im greek btw) with wealthy parents who like to go around showing off what they have, their girls, trying to act bad ass. Thank god i don't do that. Yes, i do drive new cars, and all... but i dont go around showing it off. I dont drive up to people and make them feel bad because they cant afford a nice car, i dont try picking up girls in my car... i prefer the girls to like me for me and then they can find out about who i am. Trust me, i cannot stand seeing these kids who just LOVE to show off and have nothing to prove to the rest about themselves. Sure your parents may have money, but what can you show off about urself? I am happy, i work hard, and go to school... and hopefully i will become a doctor (cardio surgeon) and i can provide myself everything that i ever wanted without involving my parents.
    When i said it must be nice to be rich i was in no way saying it in a mean or negative way i was more or less saying it out of jealousy. If i was in your situation i would be doing the same thing. If my parents said hey here want an R32 i would def take it, but my parents don't have much money and my career being a scientist doesn't make me a whole lot of money either. I think its awesome that you have such great opportunties im just jealous of you and i can admit it.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  10. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    When i said it must be nice to be rich i was in no way saying it in a mean or negative way i was more or less saying it out of jealousy. If i was in your situation i would be doing the same thing. If my parents said hey here want an R32 i would def take it, but my parents don't have much money and my career being a scientist doesn't make me a whole lot of money either. I think its awesome that you have such great opportunties im just jealous of you and i can admit it.
    it wasnt really aimed to you, just to those that judge too fast.

    What kind of scientist are you?
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  11. #40
    Registered User SteelCity_WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    362
    [rank/] If I was in his position I would pick up tons of chicks in the SL. I would show off to all of the poor people. Sorry, but that is just me In anycase I am glad he does not do what I would do in his shoes. [end rant]

    and I would go for the M3 and get it supercharged.

  12. #41
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Here look into this car. I am. 400hp. Beautiful Interoir. Ive heard of 05 GTO's hitting 12.9's bone stock.


    With the C6's LS2 under the hood, the 400 hp '05 GTOs should be able to break 12's with a decent driver. Let us know how the 6 speed drives, Will !


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  13. #42
    Registered User ScoobVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,900
    Sell that wrx and buy the eip TT kit for the R32.

    Bimmer parts are insanely priced

    A full exhaust on that M5 could be up wards 3-7k
    Last edited by ScoobVee; 03-28-2005 at 09:11 PM.

  14. #43
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    it wasnt really aimed to you, just to those that judge too fast.

    What kind of scientist are you?
    Environmental Scientist
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  15. #44
    Registered User skyjock41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    PCAN FL
    Posts
    773
    No offense but you make it sound like you expected to beat the M3 hands down in your R32. Since when is a R32 fast?

    Maybe i just have a different definition of what is fast/quick.

    I would say a stock r32 is quick. A 03 Cobra is fast....so on so on.

    Either mod that R32 or get something else. I personally wouldnt of bought it period.....especially if i was wanting to race.

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    No offense but you make it sound like you expected to beat the M3 hands down in your R32. Since when is a R32 fast?

    Maybe i just have a different definition of what is fast/quick.

    I would say a stock r32 is quick. A 03 Cobra is fast....so on so on.

    Either mod that R32 or get something else. I personally wouldnt of bought it period.....especially if i was wanting to race.
    the r32 is very capable of mid low 13's @ 102-103mph with just 600 dollars of modifications. It is a fast car, for what it is. I pull on stock evo's from a roll, and stay even with stock sti's (with my mods). The m3 on the other hand is a much faster car. From a stop, sure, i can get the m3 to about 80-85mph, but then the m3 starts to gain on me and eventually pass me. No offense, but the sti vs. m3 stock for stock from a roll is not even a match.

    03 cobras are fast, but not everybody wants to buy an 03 cobra. I would love to have one, but id rather have an m3. As much as the raw power in the 03 is mindblowing, id rather sacrifice a little of it for some luxury and class, and xenon headlights .
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •