e46 m3 vs. my r32 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on e46 m3 vs. my r32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you are bent on the M3, then get it. The M5 and M3 are both amazing cars and I ...

If you are bent on the M3, then get it. The M5 and M3 are both amazing cars and I dont think you will be dissapointed by either one. If you can afford the extra money, then get the M5, IMO. M5 is the better car, but you are still young and an M3 might be better because it costs about $20k less.

Go M3 and post pics
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i like the looks of the m3 better than the m5, even though the m5 is faster. How much though? can anyone compare the m3 and m5 speedwise.

When i get it, hopefully soon, ill post pics.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i like the looks of the m3 better than the m5, even though the m5 is faster. How much though? can anyone compare the m3 and m5 speedwise.

Both cars are real close in the quarter mile. Around a 13.6 The M5 has a little bit of a better topend. Not much because it is heavier than the M3.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

The 2002 M3 does 0-60 in 4.7 and 1/4 in 13.4
    The 2001 M5 does 0-60 in 4.7 and 1/4 in 13.3
    The 2002 M5 does 0-60 in 4.8 and 1/4 in 13.3 according to car and driver.

Not sure of the mph.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Both cars are real close in the quarter mile. Around a 13.6 The M5 has a little bit of a better topend. Not much because it is heavier than the M3.
    My buddy's stock M3 on stock 19s ran a 13.2 at 107mph with a 2.0 60ft. I've also seen older M5s run 13.2s at around 107-108mph.

Ditching the R32 and the Rex for an M3 isn't a bad idea. The M is definitely a classy and good looking car with some good power.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    My buddy's stock M3 on stock 19s ran a 13.2 at 107mph with a 2.0 60ft. I've also seen older M5s run 13.2s at around 107-108mph.

Ditching the R32 and the Rex for an M3 isn't a bad idea. The M is definitely a classy and good looking car with some good power.
    Dam good numbers. No doubt that the M's are wonderful cars.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

You are in college an can afford an m5?

I think luxury is over-rated
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

used. thats how i can afford it. Plus, probably getting rid of wrx and audi 3.0 in order to get it.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

used. thats how i can afford it. Plus, probably getting rid of wrx and audi 3.0 in order to get it.
    let me rephrase...

You are in college and own a sl, wrx and r32
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

well, its either that or a used m5.

My firend picked up a used 02 M5 with 31k and certified, for 49k with mods another 15k, with audio equiptment another 8k. Quite expensive but beats damn near everything we have come accross. Here are Pics!

YUMMY!
    Last edited by enash99; 12-15-2005 at 08:21 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

When i was in college i could barely afford to keep my 1988 supra running. And my parents paid for my college, if i had to pay for my college i wouldn't have been able to afford a car. Must be nice to be rich.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

What's rich? Do you just define it by saying if you have enough money to buy what you want when you want and not worry about missing a bill? Around here it seems to be the norm that kids drive cars 40k + their senior year of high school. I'm just happy to have a nicely modded REX. I think that most of us could choose to have a more expensive car or more mods on our current cars, just that i spend a large amount on think like my house and my sons college fund.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

J-H
    Damn! That M5 is freaking insane....any numbers on it?

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

I will have to ask him when i get home tonight. I think he ran a 12.6 1/4 and was around 1.8 60 times.

He has intake mods, great exhaust work, ssr wheels with brembo big brake package, Danin EM, coil overs (forget the brand) dual 4 " ram air intakes (note the polished intakes on the front), Tranny work, flywheel, rear diff, lightened drive shaft, UUC mounts all through, and some head work.

it is putting out about 580 - 600 not bad but it is a 4000 lb car.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

well, my family owns a number of restaurants in northern chicago, along with plaza's, property, farmland, and a business district. i work with my dad at the restaurants, whenever im not at college(pre med, volunteering at hospital, applying to med school). on top of this, my parents are in a lawsuit, i want to be a bit discreet until everything gets settled down. If everything goes right, and our lawyer is one of the best(has been in a situation just like this and won VERY SUCCESSFULLY), we will be recieving a lot of money. What happened to my dad was completely illegal, and uncalled for. My dad was assaulted by a high official for something that had nothing to do with him, or anything that was 'the high official's' business. Pretty much, there was a set up to hurt my father and his business, and it backfired on the persons that master minded the plan. We are looking hopefully at 5-100 million for this.

This is pretty much how i can afford it. sorry for those that hate seeing young kids driving nice cars, but you guys gotta admit, i may drive nice cars... but i still work my ass off. Full time premed student, work at my restaurants, volunteering at a hospital, taking MCAT classes, top 90 students, Honors, eboard member of 3 clubs at school... i do a lot and my parents are proud.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast