Lexus rx 330 vs Porsche Turbo

This is a discussion on Lexus rx 330 vs Porsche Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving my moms Lexus I come across A new Porsche Turbo leaving the neighborhood. It figures. I always find fast ...

Lexus rx 330 vs Porsche Turbo

Driving my moms Lexus I come across A new Porsche Turbo leaving the neighborhood. It figures. I always find fast cars when I'm driving the SUV?
    Well off course we catch a red light. He rolls off the line like a turtle and waits for everyone to get about 3 cars in front of him and then he nails it. He take off like a rocket and flys buy me and the others like it nothing. He takes it up to about 80mph and backs off. Then I slowly catch back up to him and off course we catch another red light.

The light turns green and he does the same thing. He goes extremely slow and waits for myself and one other car to get about 3 cars in front of him and he again nails it and flys buy us like we are sitting still. What an axx. He was really rubbing it in.

Then all the sudden a car pulls out in front on him and he has to slow down. He then darts over to the inside lane and ends up caught behind a big truck. I then go cruising past him in the far left lane (doing the speed limit) and give him a smile as I leave him way behind. About an 1/8 mile up the road I take my exit with him still a good distance behind me.

I won!

But kidding aside. I was actually glad to be driving the SUV. That Porsche Turbo would have tore me up in my GTO. That car took off like a rocket when he nailed it. I'm thinking maybe a supercharger for my GTO. For $4900.00 I can get an ATI Procharger which makes around 500 rwhp. I've been quoted $6500.00 for the Supercharger, installation, and dyno tuning. So I'm scratching my head trying make a decision.
    If I can't swing the supercharger I'll most likely get a nice Head/cam setup. It won't make as much HP as the supercharger but will cost significantly less.
    I would love to be able to beat or at least run with a new Porsche Turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol, nice kill!

I second that s/c. that would be badass! If you cant swing the supercharger just go with the cams, header, exhaust stuff like you said. some mods are better than no mods

Edit -- btw, those pics in your sig look nice.. thats a sharp car
    get some interior pics in there as well. Thats one of the things that makes the GTO so nice. A muscle car with a pretty nice looking interior
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

tell me about it...whenever I'm driving the wife's corolla I see more kills for my wagon. As for the ATI procharger...GET IT!!! I live in Lenexa, a mile or so from their facilitly. I know two guys who work there....great stuff. I still try and convince them of the turbo power, but one ride in a 800rwhp cobra changes your mind quick
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Hell yea, get the supercharger kit. That's all that freakin car needs. Also get the short throw shifter
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Driving my moms Lexus I come across A new Porsche Turbo leaving the neighborhood. It figures. I always find fast cars when I'm driving the SUV?
    Well off course we catch a red light. He rolls off the line like a turtle and waits for everyone to get about 3 cars in front of him and then he nails it. He take off like a rocket and flys buy me and the others like it nothing. He takes it up to about 80mph and backs off. Then I slowly catch back up to him and off course we catch another red light.

The light turns green and he does the same thing. He goes extremely slow and waits for myself and one other car to get about 3 cars in front of him and he again nails it and flys buy us like we are sitting still. What an axx. He was really rubbing it in.

Then all the sudden a car pulls out in front on him and he has to slow down. He then darts over to the inside lane and ends up caught behind a big truck. I then go cruising past him in the far left lane (doing the speed limit) and give him a smile as I leave him way behind. About an 1/8 mile up the road I take my exit with him still a good distance behind me.

I won!

But kidding aside. I was actually glad to be driving the SUV. That Porsche Turbo would have tore me up in my GTO. That car took off like a rocket when he nailed it. I'm thinking maybe a supercharger for my GTO. For $4900.00 I can get an ATI Procharger which makes around 500 rwhp. I've been quoted $6500.00 for the Supercharger, installation, and dyno tuning. So I'm scratching my head trying make a decision.
    If I can't swing the supercharger I'll most likely get a nice Head/cam setup. It won't make as much HP as the supercharger but will cost significantly less.
    I would love to be able to beat or at least run with a new Porsche Turbo.
    how many miles do you have on the new ride now?
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I Support ClubWRX
    When I read this thread title I was

Hehe, nice run. Too bad you couldn't have tested out the GTO with it. The 911 Turbo is a perfect, scary beast...and it will be mine someday.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I pulled up to a new 05 GTO today and thought of you. Talked to the guy at the light, he just got it (300 miles so he would not run my sti) but the car was nice....black.......the red calipers look nice against the color of the car...engine sounded very nice.......said he paid 33K for it
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods