Just beat a Ion red-line from a roll.

This is a discussion on Just beat a Ion red-line from a roll. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was the local weekly cruse we have in these parts. And a redline shows up, as soon as I ...

Just beat a Ion red-line from a roll.

It was the local weekly cruse we have in these parts. And a redline shows up, as soon as I saw it I new I had to race him. I just flashed Accessport stage 1 93oct 2 days ago and I'm hitting and holding 15-16psi in every gear.

Anyway so I roll up to the redline at 35mph in 2nd. Instant pull all the way to 7000rpm, pulled about three quarters of car on him. Next is third gear roll from 50mph to 90mph. Pulled a car on him. Did a roll from the same speed with the same results.

Next I raced a 04 GT mustang with catback from a roll at 40mph to 65mph. Held even with him all the way.

Next I owned some riced out civic with some sort of engine change and regular bolt ons. Needless to say he got owned.

Next up was a small white hatch civic with a 96 JDM type-R engine with motor work. This thing was fast and pulled a car on me from 40mph to 70mph and I'm sure he would of kept on going.

And last of all was a 1g eclipse with TBE, chip and boost controller set to 17psi. Went from 50mph roll all the way up a 100mph. He slowly pulled a car length on me.

Over all a fun night and I'm gald I beat the redline after all the hype about how fast they are from a roll. I would of loved to of seen how much I pulled on him from a dig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

t
    Good kill(s)

Nice kill.... and death
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

nice runs
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    It was the local weekly cruse we have in these parts. And a redline shows up, as soon as I saw it I new I had to race him. I just flashed Accessport stage 1 93oct 2 days ago and I'm hitting and holding 15-16psi in every gear.

Anyway so I roll up to the redline at 35mph in 2nd. Instant pull all the way to 7000rpm, pulled about three quarters of car on him. Next is third gear roll from 50mph to 90mph. Pulled a car on him. Did a roll from the same speed with the same results.

Next I raced a 04 GT mustang with catback from a roll at 40mph to 65mph. Held even with him all the way.

Next I owned some riced out civic with some sort of engine change and regular bolt ons. Needless to say he got owned.

Next up was a small white hatch civic with a 96 JDM type-R engine with motor work. This thing was fast and pulled a car on me from 40mph to 70mph and I'm sure he would of kept on going.

And last of all was a 1g eclipse with TBE, chip and boost controller set to 17psi. Went from 50mph roll all the way up a 100mph. He slowly pulled a car length on me.

Over all a fun night and I'm gald I beat the redline after all the hype about how fast they are from a roll. I would of loved to of seen how much I pulled on him from a dig.
    good runs! though I am a little shocked at how good you did against many of these car from a roll.
    -the Ion redline traps at 98mph
    -that GT stang must have been automatic because 5spd would have put some good distance on you
    -you owned a civic with engine swap and bolt on's. what does owned entail, and what type of engine swap? B18C1 or H22 would have led to a death on your part, so I assume it was a mildly built up B16 :confused

anyways, nice runs man. Time to get rid of those cats and upgrade that AP to a stageII
    Last edited by DTR rex; 03-26-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good runs! though I am a little shocked at how good you did against many of these car from a roll.
    -the Ion redline traps at 98mpg
    -that GT stang must have been automatic because 5spd would have put some good distance on you
    -you owned a civic with engine swap and bolt on's. what does owned entail, and what type of engine swap? B18C1 or H22 would have led to a death on your part, so I assume it was a mildly built up B16 :confused

anyways, nice runs man. Time to get rid of those cats and upgrade that AP to a stageII
    I was surprised I pulled on the redline so well, it was a instant pull as well he just couldn't keep up. The GT mustang is a 5pd that made 215whp on a dyno. I think it was a B16 civic.

I'm sure the Mustang would have pulled on me in 4th. But like I said we were dead even. I was hitting high boost (15.5psi+) in every gear and holding it maybe that helped. It was 33 degrees out side as well.

J-H
    -the Ion redline traps at 98mpg
    Man, I wish my car was that efficient.....

sorry DTR....had to do it

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Man, I wish my car was that efficient.....

sorry DTR....had to do it

haha, i just fixed it.

at first I had no idea what the hell you were talking about... It took me a good 20seconds to figure it out
    Just call me Clark Kent

haha, i just fixed it.

at first I had no idea what the hell you were talking about... It took me a good 20seconds to figure it out
    please tell.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    please tell.

I posted that the Ion-redline traps at 98mpg as opposed to 98mph

thats is why J-H said he wishes his car was that efficient
    Just call me Clark Kent