can finally beat the lame SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on can finally beat the lame SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just installed my TBE consisting of Helix catless downpipe and Borla Single tip cat-back exhaust. i just lined up ...

Cool can finally beat the lame SRT-4

I just installed my TBE consisting of Helix catless downpipe and Borla Single tip cat-back exhaust. i just lined up with an SRT-4 at a light and smoked him!!!! he was for sure racing cuz he chirped his tires and he was revving his engine. My setup sounds SICK, I can now hear my turbo spool up. Next is COBB AP then MBC, then it's VF34 and supporting mods unless you people can recommend a better turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MBC + AP= ...otherwise sounds good! Glad you like the newfound powAr!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

You beat an SRT-4 with just TBE? Wowsers. That SRT driver must have been asleep or maybe his foot fell asleep.
    Mine's a Stock-a-roo

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    I just installed my TBE consisting of Helix catless downpipe and Borla Single tip cat-back exhaust. i just lined up with an SRT-4 at a light and smoked him!!!! he was for sure racing cuz he chirped his tires and he was revving his engine. My setup sounds SICK, I can now hear my turbo spool up. Next is COBB AP then MBC, then it's VF34 and supporting mods unless you people can recommend a better turbo.

great run
    just dont be that confident if you come across one from rolling speeds.
    as for the AP+mbc.... that is a BAD idea. Just stick with the AP
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by soggynoodles
    You beat an SRT-4 with just TBE? Wowsers. That SRT driver must have been asleep or maybe his foot fell asleep.
    yes, i got a good launch in and smoked him. i just have k&n high flow drop in and TBE. maybe i have a factory freak?

Good kill.

Yeah plus one on the MBC with AP

Do that and kiss the EJ20 goodbye!!
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Nice kill. I suggest that you get a utec if you want big power.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

When I had my stage 2 02 wrx I beat a stage 1 SRT by many many car lengths up to the top of 4th gear. I thought it was a fluke so we ran 3 more times. Each time with identical results. Then I beat him from a roll from 40mph to 120. The guy could not see how he lost.
    Good run man!

Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

Good kill.

Watch out though, those are potent little cars. You sneeze and they're over 300whp with gobs of torque.

Cool

Good Kill, AWD owns in the launching Dept, but why does the SRT have to be Lame? Like buddy said above, don't get over confident cuz you beat a sucky driver, the SRT would have caught you up by 50-60mph. Good win anyways
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

yes, i got a good launch in and smoked him. i just have k&n high flow drop in and TBE. maybe i have a factory freak?

they're easy to beat from a dig or at every stoplight if u can launch the wrx. From a roll is a different story though.

Yeah I kinda played with an SRT-4 on the way home tonight. He had more power (I am just stock) of course but it was fun anyway. He was blue, a deep royal blue, and he had a BOV that sounded like the devil. That car sounded great...a very angry sound! Still, he didn't pull away HARD I would say, but he pulled...comfortably and steadily. I didn't launch.
    I love the turbo Neons...they make me want to buy more stuff.

Killing the SRT4

I have a Bmw325ci with CAI,SS and exhaust..And this red SRT 4 killed me from a light last week. Then I ran across him in my 04 WRX Stage 3...smoked him so bad from a light it made me LOL...he went home with his tail between his wheels

If you are hungry for power go with a UTEC and a bigger turbo than the VF34. I had a stage 4+ with VF34 and I loved it - at first. Within a couple of months I was hunting around for something with a lot more top end capability. Fortunately, I had gone with the UTEC so I had some flexibility with the turbo. Still, I wished I had gone with a 18 or 20G from the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.