can finally beat the lame SRT-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on can finally beat the lame SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sarcasmo If you are hungry for power go with a UTEC and a bigger turbo than the ...

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmo
    If you are hungry for power go with a UTEC and a bigger turbo than the VF34. I had a stage 4+ with VF34 and I loved it - at first. Within a couple of months I was hunting around for something with a lot more top end capability. Fortunately, I had gone with the UTEC so I had some flexibility with the turbo. Still, I wished I had gone with a 18 or 20G from the beginning.
    WiI believe the Cobb Street Tuner would be a better choice.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF
    I don't understand why people go this way.. You could pick up a utec for $900.00 with Remote Switch and program it yourself or buy a AP for $600.00+ and ST for $400.00 and program it.. You save $100.00 with the utec plus a hell of alot more resouces to get help from..

I guess to each his own but I went utec way myself.

BTW to the OP nice kill. But like others have said, watch you back cause after the launch you are going to see that SRT-4 running up on you hard..

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I don't understand why people go this way.. You could pick up a utec for $900.00 with Remote Switch and program it yourself or buy a AP for $600.00+ and ST for $400.00 and program it.. You save $100.00 with the utec plus a hell of alot more resouces to get help from..

I guess to each his own but I went utec way myself.

BTW to the OP nice kill. But like others have said, watch you back cause after the launch you are going to see that SRT-4 running up on you hard..

Yeah, I shut it down at 65 MPH and he flew by. I'm a power hungry beast. I need a bigger turbo. I think I may go with a UTEC.

Question

what is a better turbo than a VF34 for a stock tranny??? I plan on getting RA gears eventually.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    what is a better turbo than a VF34 for a stock tranny??? I plan on getting RA gears eventually.
    how about a 20G????? anybody have one on a stock tranny?

Yeah, I shut it down at 65 MPH and he flew by. I'm a power hungry beast. I need a bigger turbo. I think I may go with a UTEC.
    You shut down at 65mph and you call the SRT-4 lame . It's nice to keep things safe but like others have said, respect that car because with a better driver and at speeds above 60mph, you would have been owned easily.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitiger
    You shut down at 65mph and you call the SRT-4 lame . It's nice to keep things safe but like others have said, respect that car because with a better driver and at speeds above 60mph, you would have been owned easily.
    I wouldn't say owned but yeah the SRT-4 would have crawed it's way up on him and to 100+ would have 1 to 2 cars on him.. It's not like he's running a Geo Metro..

You shut it down because he was at your rear bumper at 65 mph. Of course you will need a larger turbo to produce better top end. I don't understand why you think you beat the srt? A race to 65 mph is not a race.
    04' STI/04' Infinity FX35 Stock for now

you dont have to race to 100 everytime you race sounds kinda crazy to me, its one thing if you race to 65 and say if we went longer and admit hed win. but if everytime you race or play around with a car and hit 100 especially when your racing in a 45 zone...i dunno if imin a 45 ill hit 100 occasionally if the race is pretty even. i save most of the 100+ racing for the highway

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF

Much better choice, the street tunner is sweet. I will have mine soon. Just waiting on this baby to be born so i can free up some cash!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12