stage 2 vs beater probe and c5 vette

This is a discussion on stage 2 vs beater probe and c5 vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; race 1.... interesting run the other night. i was on the highway and a early 90's probe merges on beside ...

stage 2 vs beater probe and c5 vette

race 1....

interesting run the other night. i was on the highway and a early 90's probe merges on beside me. its got a set of rims, i see a couple gauges on the A pillar, and he blows off beside me.

he hits it, i follow suit and we do a 4th gear pull. i think he dowshifted to 3rd because he pulled a half car then i put about a car length on him as he shifted to fourth and i hit peak boost.

the interesting part is we slow to about 60 to do a pull from 3rd. i'm thinking if i pulled on him in my weak 4th gear, 3rd is going to be a cake walk. we hit it and he puts a car and a half on me instantly and holds this all the way through 3rd!!! i'm thinking suby whats happening and FINALLY started reeling him in once we shifted to fourth. it was to little to late though, traffic was nearing so we shut down plenty early to keep things safe and i was still at his back bumper.

great sleeper!!!

race 2...

i was heading home last night minding my own business as an automatic '99 or '00 c5 vette (had the plastic instead of chrome 5 star rims) comes up quick behind me, jumps in the middle lane and sits beside me for a few seconds, i see his college age buddy in the passenger seat laughing as the driver punches it and comes back into my lane to turn right.

i've never raced a vette before and really would like to, so i take a right as well and i end up beside him while sitting in 2nd and punch it letting off as i shift to 3rd.

he comes back up to me at the light (the driver is also a college age looking kid) and asks what i got done as he cockily looks at me like i'm about to get wooped. i was only able to say exhaust, boost controller, before the light turned green.

so we roll out of the hole casually, get up to about 15 mph and i mash it still in 1st. its a nice cold night, my turbo boosts instantly, i hear the boxter roar and the turbo hissing, and i hit redline so fast i bounce it off the rev limiter once, as i slam 2nd. i hit it hard virtually losing no boost and hearing my rear diff bounce off the bottom of my car, but man did it feel good. i'm winding out second and to my surprise he hasnt passed me up yet, he's actually sitting right at my back bumper. so as i slam third again losing little boost between shifts, i can see his top end is starting to reel me in, unfortunately for him we were coming up on traffic and i had to shut it down at about 70 mph with his front bumper at my passenger door.

i was very happy with the outcome of the race. i could tell that even though he would have passed me up if traffic hadnt been nearing that his cocky little look was no longer. i was also very happy to see the grand prix that was watching this go down come flying up on me after the race with a car full of teenagers looking at my suby in complete disbelief. ahh the beauty of turbo...all wheel drive
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    good runs. That's funny about the probe. 99.995% of them are riced out POS.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Good run man. I love running stock C5's(non ZO6).
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

nice runs

I have actually come across some pretty quick fords. When I was at the track with my old GSR, there was one with basic bolt on's and 5spd that ran a 14.7 to my 14.6
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Man watch that gear banging sh&t with the rex, or I'll be asking if you want some crackers with that bowl of gear soup? WRX's dont like gearbanging. Quick smooth shifts are the key to fast times, and long life. You could have probably run even faster if you shifted with accurate finess, instead. Glad you won anyways though.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

oh trust me i know about the gear soup, one of my really good buddies with vf23/fmic has rebuild his twice now.

my typical driving style is to slip into second which eliminates the rear diff bouncy ball effect and hopefully will preserve my tranny for the long haul.

i normally dont bang gears except for at the track, where i speed shift in order to not lose boost, and i only go the the track 3 times a summer or so. i just got a little excited for this race because i've been wanting a shot at a vette for a while now...plus that cocky look on his face needed to be removed by my family sedan
    Last edited by j-speed racer; 03-27-2005 at 08:20 AM.
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

nice runs
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I gotcha chief.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Nice runs.

I find it interesting that you bounced off rev limiter and yet, still was able to stay ahead of that vette, especially A4. But then that driver might not have gotten decent launch either.

...and i hit redline so fast i bounce it off the rev limiter once...
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

it only bounced off once as i was shifting and you should have seen my suby squat when i hit second because i powershifted, losing very little boost.

i think he would have caught up quicker if its was a manual because i'm assuming he didnt have it sitting in first when we punched it and that i pulled a bit while he waiting for it to downshift.

my car seems abnormally strong for a stage 2, i've beat other subys with more mods than myself, going from a roll so i couldnt out launch them. i'm really happy with the way she's running.
    '02 silver sooby