WRX vs '92 Civic hatch w/Si B16
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs '92 Civic hatch w/Si B16 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There's a guy in town that thinks his Del Sol w/B16 (not sure which B16) can beat WRXs and hang ...

WRX vs '92 Civic hatch w/Si B16

There's a guy in town that thinks his Del Sol w/B16 (not sure which B16) can beat WRXs and hang with C5 Corvettes so to prepare for an encounter with him I ran a friendly acquaintance that has a '92 Civic hatch with a 99-00 Civic Si B16 motor (160HP/?TQ); I think this is the motor the 'smart guy' has in his Del Sol.

I was actually not sure of how the race would turn out because the hatch weighs ~2200lbs while I'm at 3200 with me in it so I wasn't so sure I'd just leave them. There were two guys in the hatch.

Anyway, we ran from <20MPH (I started in 1st) up until we decided to stop. I easily pulled them and ran off. I was surprised with the outcome because I thought the Civic would hang but it seemed like I was still pulling away at over 100MPH (closed course of course).

My car: WRX 5-speed, Xede Stage 1 93 octane 16psi, catless 2.5" exhaust (TurboXS).

I think the Si motor was all stock.
    2003 WRX 5MT sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if the guy with the del sol is stock, he has no chance. b16 motors only has like 160hp and 106 torque. believe me, i had a jdm b16 in my 92 integra gsr. when it was stock, i was getting my smoked by the V8's. that was when i decided to fully build the motor. last thing, you need to slap that del sol guy for saying he can hang with corvettes. only if his motor is stock or even if has i/h/e.

Quote Originally Posted by djoye
    There's a guy in town that thinks his Del Sol w/B16 (not sure which B16) can beat WRXs and hang with C5 Corvettes so to prepare for an encounter with him I ran a friendly acquaintance that has a '92 Civic hatch with a 99-00 Civic Si B16 motor (160HP/?TQ); I think this is the motor the 'smart guy' has in his Del Sol.

I was actually not sure of how the race would turn out because the hatch weighs ~2200lbs while I'm at 3200 with me in it so I wasn't so sure I'd just leave them. There were two guys in the hatch.

Anyway, we ran from <20MPH (I started in 1st) up until we decided to stop. I easily pulled them and ran off. I was surprised with the outcome because I thought the Civic would hang but it seemed like I was still pulling away at over 100MPH (closed course of course).

My car: WRX 5-speed, Xede Stage 1 93 octane 16psi, catless 2.5" exhaust (TurboXS)..
    If you beat your friend with the B16 hatch you will absolutley beat the del sol. They are pretty heavy for how small they are. I had just about every swap imaginable in my old crx, and they are pretty quick with a B16, but not quick enough to beat even a stock wrx, and again del sols are kinda heavy. You should have no problem handing this kid his ass
    Last edited by Type-RGirl; 03-25-2005 at 01:00 AM.
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

I had a friend with a B16 swapped(the 160hp one, he had the base model to begin with, lightest option level though though) del sol. He came to me one night all pumped up because he had just goten his ecu tunning work done and could finally rev the motor all the way, he wanted to see if he could beat me in the 2002 RSX-S i was driving then. Well I walked him pretty bad, and we did a number of runs I pulled from a stop and just kept on gaining distance, and from a roll. i know he had at least i/h/e and i believe it was a reflashed ecu. I know i would have beat that rsx in the wrx stock, with my cobb stage 2 that i have right now (looking at your mods your about the same) I would walk my rsx hard from a stop or a roll.
    Unless he has some real engine work done to that del sol you should kill him. their a little heavier than they would first appear (between 2400-2600 before driver) and the top model could be gotten with the 160hp motor stock and was only good for mid-high 15's. It would have to be pushing over 200whp to even give you a run, and thats a considerable amount of work to that 1.6l motor (although nos & boltons or F/I would do it)

Give him a run and let us know about it
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 03-26-2005 at 12:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.