Stg 2 V 911

This is a discussion on Stg 2 V 911 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was nice. On my way home from BGSU I see a Blk 911 shilouette (spelling) blasting onto a down ...

Stg 2 V 911

This was nice. On my way home from BGSU I see a Blk 911 shilouette (spelling) blasting onto a down hill on ramp. I had just gotten done dusting some fool in an old coupe deville who had peeled out his tires behind me. I later caught up with the about late 80's 911 in the left lane at about 70 or so mph. He yielded to the right and I semi floored it past him with my 4.5" Helix TBE bellowing in the cooled dense night air. Way too tempting, the 911 gave chase. I thought to myself slow down pup for there is an unassuming cop hangout just over below the present overcrest. He waited impatiently. As we cleared the cop hangout I slowed to about 60 in a 65 to taunght the coupe/ targa. As planned he downshifts and proceeds to pass me on the right, I stay in third to see if I can hold him off..I do....Cool. We get off at the same exit and both are making a right on to the same street. As I wait for traffic I proceed to give him a brief lesson in aroma therapy with a catless TBE flat four. I rev like a hooligan spewing smoke for what seemed like days almost turning the night into day. As soon as the traffic cleared I slowly start to roll away just to give him a chance at a run. He stays right with me and once he looked even I floor it at the end of first and shift so on. Dusted hard. Atleast by the length of four cars till about 60 mph when we stopped for traffic. He slowly crept up to me on my left. I looked over my shoulder, and smiled. He did the same. We both spoke the language of spirited driving. It goes beyond all cultural stigmas because fast is fast, is fast. Simply put, a fun night.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you been taking dramatic writing classes? Good race tho.

a lot of thought was put into that story. nice kill.
    Last edited by SteelCity_WRX; 03-25-2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: why can't I freaking spell?

Ya, you gotta watch out for those monster 180hp 911s from the 80s Nice kill anyways I guess.

It was alot of fun y'all. I guess it's just fun to race another fellow boxer. The funny thing is my car sounded ten times meaner. That Helix TBE really shakes the ground man. The dude in the Porsche was a good sport and not some arrogant p&^ck. That makes everything just that much more fun you know. 180hp, 280 who cares, sometimes it just about the spirit of the drive.

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

such senstational literature!
    j/k good race

almost felt like i was there yo...the intensity, heart was racing...weee
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

i had an orgasm when i finished reading that nice race,and it is about the fun of it.it is cool when people are civil and not p e c k e r heads about it

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i had an orgasm when i finished reading that nice race,and it is about the fun of it.it is cool when people are civil and not p e c k e r heads about it
    You guys are nuts. Correction, we are some nuts!

I had a similiar encounter last night (late 80's 911 Carrera), except this guy was not quite so civil. He peeled out in front of me on a deserted four-lane street as I was driving home last night. As fate would have it, the next stoplight down the road was red. I wasn't going to run him because I had a full cup of coffee in the holder. But as the light turned green, he punched it... without even launching I almost immediately caught up and passed him.

We both caught the next light as well. He looked over at me (& kinda smirked) and reved his engine, I nodded; When the light turned green, I got a jump on him and continued to pull. I slowed down to give him a thumbs up and a wave, but he wouldn't even look over. As I continued down the road (mopping up the coffee that was now on the e-brake console) I saw that he did a u-turn and headed in the opposite direction.

(btw/ Cobb vf34 map)

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. It's always good to see a run against the grandfather of the bugeye....a Porsche 911. We won't mention the father...as he was a disgrace (VW bug).
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

actually i just had a similar run in too with my dad. he has an 88 carerra and we were sitting around so i started talkin smack about his car, as he does to mine. we ended up going out on the highway and going from a roll about 55-125 and neither one of us was moving. the only place he had me was in the turns on the backroads doing about 90 into a 80 degree turn, he just took off. anyway i just thought i would share. btw i have an 02 wrx with up/dp and thats about it.