WRX vs Acura 3.2 Type S

This is a discussion on WRX vs Acura 3.2 Type S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Going to work this morning I see this guy in a Type S. I see him all the time but ...

WRX vs Acura 3.2 Type S

Going to work this morning I see this guy in a Type S. I see him all the time but I never get a chance to race him. One day we got side by side at a light and he floored it and sped off. I couldn't race him because my mom was in the car. Figures.
    This time I was all by my self. Well we were playing cat and mouse for a few blocks just testing the waters. It was obvious we both wanted to race. Then we caught a red light. So when the light turned green we both left the line a little slow and bam! He floors it. I do the same from the middle of 1st gear. I quickly get along side of him and start pulling away in 2nd gear. I hear his car bark the tires in 2nd gear (not bad). I pull hard on him in 2nd gear and by the time I shift into 3rd I've got several car lengths. Then I continue to pull hard in 3rd gear and get about 5-7+ cars on him by the time I let off at 80mph or so.
    It was very fun and satisfying to finally race him and show him what a WRX can do.
    I'm sure he's at work this morning wondering how he got beat so bad by a WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i test drove the 6 speed. definitely very comfortable and alot of fun. its a big luxury car with some get up and go, but its no turbo charged AWD road slicer and dicer.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

SGOS, your stage 4 TX arent ya? how would a stock wrx fare against em, any opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

my neighbor has same car. We raced when I was bone stock and I completely killed him in acceleration and cornering was even more of a difference..I was going around corners without even a tire squealing and he was squealing/drifting wide and having to make major corrections. He was shocked that the wrx with 40less hp stock was so much faster and handled so much better.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Wait, you have stage 4 and you only pulled like that. Man, that can't be a stock CL-S..

jk147 - exactly my thoughts.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

I will answer several post with this one.

Yes its a type S. I see it all over town and its pretty fast. I wouldn't want to race him in a stock WRX especially from a roll.

If you read my original post we went from a 1st gear roll where he actually hit it first.
    If I would have done a 5k drop Clutch launch, I would have been so far a head by 60mph its not funny. (4.1 sec 0-60mph). I don't waist 5k drops on the street unless I have a Z06 or something like that next to me. I would rather wait for the other guy to make the move and reel him in. Thats something you would never try in a stock WRX.

Secondly, I would like to see a stock WRX race a 3.2 type S from a roll. Edmonds Review ran 15.01 @ 96mph and Car and Driver ran 14.7 in the 1/4 mile in a new type S. Thats WRX territory with a higher trap speed than a stock WRX. They are pretty quick cars once they get going.
    Racing from a dead stop they don't have a chance but I would definately not want to race one from a roll in a stock WRX.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 09-23-2002 at 02:02 PM.

Originally posted by twinz
    my neighbor has same car. We raced when I was bone stock and I completely killed him in acceleration and cornering was even more of a difference..I was going around corners without even a tire squealing and he was squealing/drifting wide and having to make major corrections. He was shocked that the wrx with 40less hp stock was so much faster and handled so much better.
    I am wondering if you neighbor has a 6 speed or an automatic. There is a big difference in performance. The automatics runs 16s in the 1/4 mile. A new stock 6 Speed Type S is capable of high 14 sec 1/4 mile and trap speeds higher than a stock WRX.
    Having a higher trap speed would indicate it would out pull a WRX top end and most likely be faster from a roll. On the highway, I would put my money on a Type S vs a stock WRX.

The reason I say this is because I've raced several stock WRX's with my Stage 4 WRX and I know exactly how fast they run compared to mine.
    The last stock WRX I raced on the street got beat just as bad as this Type S did. The last time I raced a stock WRX at the track, I beat it by 1.5 sec in the 1/8 mile.