WRX vs Acura 3.2 Type S
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Acura 3.2 Type S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Going to work this morning I see this guy in a Type S. I see him all the time but ...

WRX vs Acura 3.2 Type S

Going to work this morning I see this guy in a Type S. I see him all the time but I never get a chance to race him. One day we got side by side at a light and he floored it and sped off. I couldn't race him because my mom was in the car. Figures.
    This time I was all by my self. Well we were playing cat and mouse for a few blocks just testing the waters. It was obvious we both wanted to race. Then we caught a red light. So when the light turned green we both left the line a little slow and bam! He floors it. I do the same from the middle of 1st gear. I quickly get along side of him and start pulling away in 2nd gear. I hear his car bark the tires in 2nd gear (not bad). I pull hard on him in 2nd gear and by the time I shift into 3rd I've got several car lengths. Then I continue to pull hard in 3rd gear and get about 5-7+ cars on him by the time I let off at 80mph or so.
    It was very fun and satisfying to finally race him and show him what a WRX can do.
    I'm sure he's at work this morning wondering how he got beat so bad by a WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i test drove the 6 speed. definitely very comfortable and alot of fun. its a big luxury car with some get up and go, but its no turbo charged AWD road slicer and dicer.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

SGOS, your stage 4 TX arent ya? how would a stock wrx fare against em, any opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

my neighbor has same car. We raced when I was bone stock and I completely killed him in acceleration and cornering was even more of a difference..I was going around corners without even a tire squealing and he was squealing/drifting wide and having to make major corrections. He was shocked that the wrx with 40less hp stock was so much faster and handled so much better.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Wait, you have stage 4 and you only pulled like that. Man, that can't be a stock CL-S..

jk147 - exactly my thoughts.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

I will answer several post with this one.

Yes its a type S. I see it all over town and its pretty fast. I wouldn't want to race him in a stock WRX especially from a roll.

If you read my original post we went from a 1st gear roll where he actually hit it first.
    If I would have done a 5k drop Clutch launch, I would have been so far a head by 60mph its not funny. (4.1 sec 0-60mph). I don't waist 5k drops on the street unless I have a Z06 or something like that next to me. I would rather wait for the other guy to make the move and reel him in. Thats something you would never try in a stock WRX.

Secondly, I would like to see a stock WRX race a 3.2 type S from a roll. Edmonds Review ran 15.01 @ 96mph and Car and Driver ran 14.7 in the 1/4 mile in a new type S. Thats WRX territory with a higher trap speed than a stock WRX. They are pretty quick cars once they get going.
    Racing from a dead stop they don't have a chance but I would definately not want to race one from a roll in a stock WRX.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 09-23-2002 at 02:02 PM.

Originally posted by twinz
    my neighbor has same car. We raced when I was bone stock and I completely killed him in acceleration and cornering was even more of a difference..I was going around corners without even a tire squealing and he was squealing/drifting wide and having to make major corrections. He was shocked that the wrx with 40less hp stock was so much faster and handled so much better.
    I am wondering if you neighbor has a 6 speed or an automatic. There is a big difference in performance. The automatics runs 16s in the 1/4 mile. A new stock 6 Speed Type S is capable of high 14 sec 1/4 mile and trap speeds higher than a stock WRX.
    Having a higher trap speed would indicate it would out pull a WRX top end and most likely be faster from a roll. On the highway, I would put my money on a Type S vs a stock WRX.

The reason I say this is because I've raced several stock WRX's with my Stage 4 WRX and I know exactly how fast they run compared to mine.
    The last stock WRX I raced on the street got beat just as bad as this Type S did. The last time I raced a stock WRX at the track, I beat it by 1.5 sec in the 1/8 mile.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.