My STI vs. Stealth TT ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My STI vs. Stealth TT ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought my new sti about a month ago and a friend of mine is dying to run his ...

My STI vs. Stealth TT ?

I just bought my new sti about a month ago and a friend of mine is dying to run his 95 dodge stealth TT against my stock STI. He has a custom 3" turbo back exhaust with no cats, a boost control and a cai. He's betting he will beat me bad, however I have driven his car and it felt slower than my sti. I think it has to do with the weight of his car. He wants to go from a roll. I want to go from a stop. What do you guys think?-scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

jus' do it, it'll be a good race. challenge him later on when u get a TBE, u'll KILL him.

After doing a little searching I found this..

"Stock, the car can accelerate to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds and complete the 1/4 mile in 13.7 seconds (Motor Trend)."

If he's modded and you are stock he's going to walk on you.. Since it's awd like your STi from the dig isn't going to help much either.. I've never driven one so I don't know. Just going by what I read on the net..

If he's got some miles on his car it might not be putting out that kind of power anymore.. It's worth a run..

I used to drive a 94 TT stealth about 6 years ago. Great car. The weight is really the only downside, but they are very quick, especially when modded correctly. I remember being able to get well above 100 in third with the five speed, so gearing could be an issue. Anyway, it would be a cool run just to see what happens. From a dig, it's a driver's race;however, a roll may be a different story. Run him, and let us know.

LG
    VF 39 STAGE IV UTEC, STI V.7 TMIC- GONE
    2006 LGT-soon to be upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by BiglTFP
    Run him, and let us know.
    and bring a video camera

A dig will go to the STI, suprisingly its very hard to drive a stealth TT to its full potential out of the whole because of the immense weight. Race him from a stop for sure, or even a roll =)
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

With intake, exhaust, and a MBC I can run at least 12.80-12.90 in an otherwise-stock Stealth. I wouldn't even need a cat-back (useless with stock turbos) -- just a downpipe.

And the 5spd twin turbo can do 120 in 3rd gear (90 in 2nd); the 6spd "only" 110 in 3rd

6spd's (94+) are more potent with stock turbos because they can hold boost higher into the rpms.

The results of my 4070 lb. Stealth with stock turbos, fuel pump, and cat-back are in my sig. Stock, the 320 ft lbs of torque was available around 2500 rpm, making launching a breeze. Quick slip from 4500 and you're doing 1.70 60ft's. Cars with just the simple mods make over 400 torque so they're lacking nothing on the bottom end. I ran 7.80s in the 1/8th mile at 88-89 mph.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

ah race him if ya start to lose give him a bump ,and you will win for sure j/k i think the sti will take him just my .02

from a dig in a 1/4mile run: Close race. I would give it to the stealth if it was a newer car, but since his car is over 10 years old, I am going to say its going to be VERY close... more or less a toss up to whom gets off the line faster.

From a roll: the stealth will take you.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Those cars can be very quick as John M can attest too. However, you may have an advantage due to the cars age and state of tune. I give the nod to him in a very close race, only becuase he has some good performance mods. Make sure you are in the right gear and rpm if racing from a roll. Let us know the outcome.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Stealth are Crazy fast machines.....i was about to buy one a couple years back but the repair bills worried me...
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

The Stealth owner needs to make sure the car is in normal operating shape. If he's not a member of 3si.org, he should join. Then my car's page lists everything you need to do to go fast.

Some things many people neglect include:

- Spark plugs. Use NGK coppers, number 3330 (BCPR7ES). Gap to .028 if using boost higher than stock. Use new plug wires if they're more than 3-4 years old (stockers have year of production on them)

- Replace the o-ring at the rear turbo's output. I've posted the part number a few times over at 3si. These are a huge source of boost leaks 'cause many people have the stock ones after 10+ years.

- Get a 1st gen DSM BOV. Use the mounting flange adapter that 2nd gen DSMs use. The stock plastic BOV is useless at any boost over stock.

- Do the fuel pump resistor bypass on my site. A full rewire is even better but the quickie underhood part still pays off.

- Buy an aftermarket Y pipe (goes right before throttle body). The stock plastic one always blows off under boost and the o-ring is not available separately. Metal ones w/ silicone hoses last forever.

These are but a few things you pick up over the years. I've been doing turbo DSMs since 1992 so I can mod them on autopilot by now
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

My buddy runs 13.3s - 13.4s in his Stealth Turbo with basically the same mods as you mentioned. Its fast off the line and then slows like an STi. Should be a drivers race.

VR4
    the latest gen stealths are the fastest of all the 3000gt/stealths cause they are the lightest. Some manage to pull low 13's bone stock. Other ppl are right in talking about the condition of his car, if its good you'll get a good walking, if not who knows what will happen.

My vr4 held even with a 99 gsx600 on the highway, then with the same mods after some stuff broke I lost to a G35. Very fragile cars.
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

I know a guy I drive with who has a TT stealth very very fast. He ran 12.3 on his old Turbo setup and now should be in the 11s. He pulls with ease on a 373whp blown 02 mustang.

But it brakes all the time, he's on his 4th tranny. And our group was out 2 weeks ago and he blew his fuel pump, it was hooked up to his battery under the hud. The fuse he had melted into the battery. It was a skyline fuel pump, I think he said it was one of the biggest he could find and it's still not enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.