COBB 2 Vs. 350z......funny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on COBB 2 Vs. 350z......funny within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday on my way home I noticed a 350z that was driving quite fast.....I followed the car and at first ...

J-H

COBB 2 Vs. 350z......funny

Yesterday on my way home I noticed a 350z that was driving quite fast.....I followed the car and at first I thought it was a guy that I have ran into a couple of months ago, but it was not him.

This Z had a NISMO exhaust (you can read the label from a mile away). Anyway, I start to follow the Z (we were going the same direction and all, so no stalking here). I then decided to "actively" pursue a run, so I downshifted and got next to the Z.....

In the drivers seat was a short stalky lady (I am being nice here ) and a big dude in the passenger seat (maybe a 250 lb guy). I notice that she is driving the Z holding the sterign wheel like an old lady ....white knucles (sp?) and all....the guy looked over, so did she. I was being a total a$$ and I would step on it and let the cars get even....I did this 3 or 4 times....finally she stepped on it (I then noticed it was an auto)....I just stepped on the gas until 4th reached 6 grand and then let of...

I got on my exit and to my suprise she did also. I knew I would have another run so I waited (driving real slow for her to catch up). As this light turned green we rolled out and at about 20mph the guy motioned for her to waste me....I redlined 1st, even, redlined 2nd, 1/2 car, middle of third (highest boost, 16.3psi) and I had 1.5 cars on her....I slowed down and low and behold I get the fly by

I bet the guy was letting her test drive the Z (prolly talked it all up at work or soemthing....hahahahahahahaha). It was such a cool race. She tried soooooooo hard.

I am guessing all that weight and the AUTO made the Z to slow for me

Sorry for the long post...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I was about to go "huh...only a car and a half" when I realized its a cobb 2 WRX...not an STi. Ok...now it makes sense. Good "stalk" kill <what does stalky mean...did she look like a praying mantis or something?>
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

My friends altima 3.5se beat a auto Z at the track. It was real funny. He ran a 14.2 the Auto Z ran a 14.8. My friends Altima is a five speed with cold air Intake and full exaust.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

nice I put it to a Z during a 15mph roll when my car was stock and he did a flyby when I pulled into a parking lot =p

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I was about to go "huh...only a car and a half" when I realized its a cobb 2 WRX...not an STi. Ok...now it makes sense. Good "stalk" kill <what does stalky mean...did she look like a praying mantis or something?>
    Maybe 72-48-72 at 5'3.....so.....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

STOCKY=heavy and compact in form or stature; "a wrestler of compact build"
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

u always have race stories....
    was this after teh Fusion meet?

J-H
    Wassup RANDi!!!!

This was after work. It was raining like hell last night am I was ALMOST out of gas...LOL

I hate when that happens cause I am always "looking around"...

JH

nice kill bro! I've been wanting to run this guy around me w/ a cobb s2 WRX...he's got TBE no cats and intake to...I have no clue how it will turn out..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Maybe 72-48-72 at 5'3.....so.....

oohhhh..stocky...meh.....was trying to picture a stalky person...like all arms and legs or something..
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    nice kill bro! I've been wanting to run this guy around me w/ a cobb s2 WRX...he's got TBE no cats and intake to...I have no clue how it will turn out..

it will be close and all would depend on where you start from. With my stage 2 wrx i would lose 2 my friends z and beat it just depending on where we started. (also depending on what i had my boost set at, i didnt have a reflash just mbc) ..i've read some stage 2 kills with z's and g35's and i've read some close losses also. Seems to be a drivers race.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE

I dont think you will have too much trouble putting a bit of distance on it from a roll. From a dig it should be a really good race, if I remember correctly you have a few bolt on's so from a roll the race should be yours.

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Yesterday on my way home I noticed a 350z that was driving quite fast.....I followed the car and at first I thought it was a guy that I have ran into a couple of months ago, but it was not him.

This Z had a NISMO exhaust (you can read the label from a mile away). Anyway, I start to follow the Z (we were going the same direction and all, so no stalking here). I then decided to "actively" pursue a run, so I downshifted and got next to the Z.....

In the drivers seat was a short stalky lady (I am being nice here ) and a big dude in the passenger seat (maybe a 250 lb guy). I notice that she is driving the Z holding the sterign wheel like an old lady ....white knucles (sp?) and all....the guy looked over, so did she. I was being a total a$$ and I would step on it and let the cars get even....I did this 3 or 4 times....finally she stepped on it (I then noticed it was an auto)....I just stepped on the gas until 4th reached 6 grand and then let of...

I got on my exit and to my suprise she did also. I knew I would have another run so I waited (driving real slow for her to catch up). As this light turned green we rolled out and at about 20mph the guy motioned for her to waste me....I redlined 1st, even, redlined 2nd, 1/2 car, middle of third (highest boost, 16.3psi) and I had 1.5 cars on her....I slowed down and low and behold I get the fly by

I bet the guy was letting her test drive the Z (prolly talked it all up at work or soemthing....hahahahahahahaha). It was such a cool race. She tried soooooooo hard.

I am guessing all that weight and the AUTO made the Z to slow for me

Sorry for the long post...

Nice run

that extra weight and auto trans really killed the Z. I am suprised you didn't pull on it more than that though. Auto 350Z is not as quick as the 6speed and traps a few mph less.. not to mention the extra 200+ lbs of weight the Z was packing. Maybe he had more than exhaust
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I dont think you will have too much trouble putting a bit of distance on it from a roll. From a dig it should be a really good race, if I remember correctly you have a few bolt on's so from a roll the race should be yours.

i think he mentioned that he took off his test pipes. He just has intake now from what i remember.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i think he mentioned that he took off his test pipes. He just has intake now from what i remember.
    ah, I see. I thought he was running catback, intake and Plenum. Yeah, with just an intake he will probably get pulled on by a couple cars from a dig, and a rolling race should be pretty close, but I still give the 350Z the definite edge.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Stg 2 vs 350Z......I'll give it to Z based on this...

Stg 2 upgrades are real nice and a great enhancement, but that stock TD04L turbo starts to lose steam real quick. The exhaust wheel is too small to breathe uptop and thats where you lose your power. Spool up however is wild since it's small and with the supporting mods your launching power will be nice. It also depends on what Stg 2 you run. I had Cobb and it was nice, but ran on the low side. Ecutek and Utec ran stronger. Still I say the Z pulls uptop an takes the run unless the scoob gets 3 cars out of the hole.

...and we won't go into heatsoak which opens up another can of worms on a stock TMIC.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast