Note to Self.....Modded 03-03 Cobras are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Note to Self.....Modded 03-03 Cobras are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex good fight against a s/c Z06!! Do you have any vids? tuned and pullied cobra ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good fight against a s/c Z06!!
    Do you have any vids? tuned and pullied cobra with exhaust work will put down 460-480whp generally, but I would imagine a Z06 with a s/c would be pushing nearly 600whp. Not to mention that the Z06 stock, will trap like 6-7mph higher than a cobra
    Pm sent

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Pm sent
    thanks
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

[QUOTE=1968OldsMan]I've read this thread over twice now and it just seems to amaze me an evo can do this....make me which i said to hell with a caddy for the girl and got an evo like i orginally wanted, lol. Those Mustang's are freaking nutz my buddy has Cobra with a Cai Full Exhaust system and a chip and that car is crazy he eats corvettes for lunch granted he also has 5 years experiance in the scca so he knows how to drive but at any rate. I only have him by half a car length in my cutlass. Your evo s disturbing to go after a mustang like that an edge him out.
    I was just watching that Tuner Transformation show on Speed Channel they took a new evo installed a Vishnu TBE Exhaust,Vishnu Cam Gears, Vishnu secondary gas tank (116 octane) a set of cams and engine management piggy back system i can't remember the name and a new fuel pump and they got what was his name shiv Vishnu to tune it. They dynoe'd at 270hp on 91 and 327 with 116 octane at 21lbs. I think the thing with that show is you can only spend 5g's and this what they got. not to shabby.

Edit: i forgot to say if the Evo numbers are low they stated on the show that the Mustang dyno they were using generally rates lower than most other dynos. So if it seems lower thats why.
    ASE Certified tech. Nissan Master Certified

2003 WRB Auto Wingless Wrx Turbo Timer
    Perrin Short Intake, Downpipe And CatBack. Waiting on the weather for install to cold.

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertable 355Ci 423rwhp 593 ft/lbs tq Nice little play toy

Its also not too rare to see a pullied/tuned 03-04 Cobra put up a DAMN GOOD fight to a charged ZO6.
    That I wana see, the Z06 has EVERY advantage, displacement, boost, Drag CE gearing and so on and it's about 6-700 pounds lighter.

I know a stock Z06 traps anywhere between 114-118 they are no joke. They put down 350WHP stock or so.

So yeah, heres a Cobra Vert (more weight than coupe) w/ CAI+Cat Back vs. an evo w/ THE same mods that you have (21 PSI, 272's, etc.) And yeah its tuned right.
    Same mods, not the Same power or driver. Tunes can vary 30-40WHP. I have seen 272 Evos get beat by just bolton evos with no cams.

Again I will go to teh track soon and post some numbers...

A pullied cobra is a good run for a stock ZO6. It would take EVERY bolt on, pulley, and probably a small shot to take a blown ZO6.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    A pullied cobra is a good run for a stock ZO6. It would take EVERY bolt on, pulley, and probably a small shot to take a blown ZO6.
    I saw the vid. The cobra did not win, but it held with the Z06 pretty well (only about 1 car back) until they got really high speeds and the Z06 just walked away. but for a majority of the race the cobra was right with it. I was very shocked, I dont think this would be an everyday occurance though. Maybe the Z06 was not tuned well or something.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Found My WEIGHT NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here.

LF 972 RF 964

LR 589 RR 611

Total = 3135, The weight evens out pretty well when I sit in it. I can EASILLY remove 100 Pounds if I go to the tRack involving Stereo Stuff and My spare stuff.

What is also VERY VERY Kewl is that if you were to align my car right now, it would be OFF, but when I sit in it, it is perfect, wow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123