Note to Self.....Modded 03-03 Cobras are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Note to Self.....Modded 03-03 Cobras are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; very nice run it is great that our 4 bangers are keeping up ,or beating v-8's...

very nice run it is great that our 4 bangers are keeping up ,or beating v-8's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OH WOW, 450WHP and a 118MPH trap, eeeeeeep, man if I had 450WHP I would be near 125MPH and so on, probably more. He musta cuz With the mods I have I should trap around 115 or so. But I also can stay in gear longer then he can. IDK, I still don't get it. I squatted and made ALOT of noise and did not pull away, weird. I always feel that my car is not running right or missing some power and then I ran him and my car pulled right up to 150 with no complaint. It's weird maybe I am just used to the speed? I only get remided when I drive other people and they start screaming. I think I had a slight clutch smell too, and if so that would be the 1st time ever on the 2900, and from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    OH WOW, 450WHP and a 118MPH trap, eeeeeeep, man if I had 450WHP I would be near 125MPH and so on, probably more. He musta cuz With the mods I have I should trap around 115 or so. But I also can stay in gear longer then he can. IDK, I still don't get it. I squatted and made ALOT of noise and did not pull away, weird. I always feel that my car is not running right or missing some power and then I ran him and my car pulled right up to 150 with no complaint. It's weird maybe I am just used to the speed? I only get remided when I drive other people and they start screaming. I think I had a slight clutch smell too, and if so that would be the 1st time ever on the 2900, and from a roll.
    If hes trapping 118 to 120 and your trapping around 115, he would pull you. Theres no way you can walk away from a car that traps higher than you, it doesn't matter if you have longer gears or whatnot. You got lucky with someone who doesnt know how to drive his car to the extent of its power so good kill =)
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

If hes trapping 118 to 120 and your trapping around 115, he would pull you. Theres no way you can walk away from a car that traps higher than you, it doesn't matter if you have longer gears or whatnot. You got lucky with someone who doesnt know how to drive his car to the extent of its power so good kill =)

I was assuming on both parts. My trap I have NO Idea, his trap they guy a few posts up says that Cobras with 450WHP trap at 118, sooooooooo IDK? That was the point of my post above. My Guess is that we are both at 116MPH.

I was assuming on both parts. My trap I have NO Idea, his trap they guy a few posts up says that Cobras with 450WHP trap at 118, sooooooooo IDK? That was the point of my post above. My Guess is that we are both at 116MPH.

Eh.... who cares. Could've, should've, but didn't. You pulled him and got to look BACK with a smile. Such a great feeling. Again... sweet ride... good kill.
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

Depends on if it's full weight and what other mods. A cobra with filter, catback and pulley should run 118-120 mph and put down around 450 whp. But, throw a ported blower at it, throttle body and it should run 125 or so at mid-low 11's.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

nice run man
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I highly doubt he was pullied, sounds like cai, chip, and exhaust. I really hate to sound like your typical Cobra owner, but Ive seen pullied Cobras flat out walk FBody's putting down more power and probably ALOT more torque than your 4G. then again each race is different. I still think its an awesome Kill for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    I highly doubt he was pullied, sounds like cai, chip, and exhaust. I really hate to sound like your typical Cobra owner, but Ive seen pullied Cobras flat out walk FBody's putting down more power and probably ALOT more torque than your 4G. then again each race is different. I still think its an awesome Kill for you.
    I was also sceptical on the pulley as well. Pulley and exhaust work = 450whp on a cobra.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

one time when i was on stockey...
    and saw GT on interstate, and he dropped and i dropped @ same time..
    i could've sworn to god, i saw his tail light for 2 mins straight. -_-...
    getting further from me.
    03' C i

awesome kill
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

From what he told me he uppd teh boost with a Lightning Pully, some type of intake and a custom exhaust. Then again My Evo is particularly light and making increadible power for it's mods. I mean I have beaten Z06's before and make a joke of the C5's have yet to run a C6. My guess is that he slapped these parts on and is not tunrd to run it properlly. So maybe he olny had 420WHP, again IDK, I will look for him and take pics, he is local

My guess is that he slapped these parts on and is not tunrd to run it properlly.
    This is more than likely the case.
    Its also not too rare to see a pullied/tuned 03-04 Cobra put up a DAMN GOOD fight to a charged ZO6.

Cobras are down right nasty, and I cant to see how far the 2.4 KB can be pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    This is more than likely the case.
    Its also not too rare to see a pullied/tuned 03-04 Cobra put up a DAMN GOOD fight to a charged ZO6.

Cobras are down right nasty, and I cant to see how far the 2.4 KB can be pushed.
    good fight against a s/c Z06!!
    Do you have any vids? tuned and pullied cobra with exhaust work will put down 460-480whp generally, but I would imagine a Z06 with a s/c would be pushing nearly 600whp. Not to mention that the Z06 stock, will trap like 6-7mph higher than a cobra
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

So yeah, heres a Cobra Vert (more weight than coupe) w/ CAI+Cat Back vs. an evo w/ THE same mods that you have (21 PSI, 272's, etc.) And yeah its tuned right.

RSCA
    http://www.elderon.xohost.com/videos/evovscobra.wmv

Pretty nice Evo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast