stock Wrx vs. Acura TL-s - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stock Wrx vs. Acura TL-s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jigga nice run.. my friend has an 03 TL-S with comptech icebox, comptech header, lowering springs, crank ...

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    nice run..

my friend has an 03 TL-S with comptech icebox, comptech header, lowering springs, crank pulley and also some phenolic spacers. We don't run from a stop, since i am not a fan of launching my car (and we already know what would happen from a stop if i decided to), but when we start from a roll, it's never pretty for him. When we start from around 40mph, by the time we hit 120, he is usually a couple of buslengths back.

They are very nice cars though, in fact, I prefer riding in his car than i do mine. Mine goes fast, but the coilovers beat the hell out of you (switching to struts and prings on tuesday), and his car is also a bit of a chick magnet too, so it is pretty quick, and has appeal too. Has a killer stock sound system too (compared to SUbaru's stock system)
    lol, your comparing a mid 14sec TL-S to your low 12sec WRX. I would imagine you would walk him
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill.

When I was Cobb stg 2 I played with a friends 6 speed TL-S with CT Headers, Iceox and exhaust and although I could take him out of the hole, he'd slowly walk me every time. They aren't that slow

Last month I had the sad misfortune of messing with the wrong CL-S... I saw a big Comptech Sticker on the back window and didn't think much of it(I had comptech icebox, headers, and sways on my accord v6) I thought the little VF34 would stomp a mudhole in him. Boy was I sadly mistaken. He was inching a little at the light, but I didn't want to run up his ass when the light went so I waited for him to go, then stomped on it. He was about 3 cars up when I launched and was instantly on his ass, but that was the end of it, he pulled on me like a freaking train, I mean not even freaking close. I managed to get next to him a few lights later and had to ask WTF was in that thing. He replied "Comptech supercharger with high boost pulley, custom aftercooler and a few other toys, last dyno was about 375 to the ground on 91 octane" Ouch that hurt. It was a good looking beast too. Black with Black tint and Work Meisters.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

[QUOTE=illusion]Good kill.

When I was Cobb stg 2 I played with a friends 6 speed TL-S with CT Headers, Iceox and exhaust and although I could take him out of the hole, he'd slowly walk me every time. They aren't that slow QUOTE]

You sure it was a "6 speed TL-S?" They don't make 6 speed for tl-s. Unless you were talking about cl-s or the new tl, but not type s.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Nope it's an 02 TL-S that had the tranny barf twice thanks to a little purple bottle, dealer wouldn't warranty the second one and he picked up CL-S tranny and ECU off of ebay Now it's pretty much a CL-S in TL guise. As soon as he gets back from overseas it'll be a Comptech Supercharged version, and then I refuse to play with him lol

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    Nope it's an 02 TL-S that had the tranny barf twice thanks to a little purple bottle, dealer wouldn't warranty the second one and he picked up CL-S tranny and ECU off of ebay Now it's pretty much a CL-S in TL guise. As soon as he gets back from overseas it'll be a Comptech Supercharged version, and then I refuse to play with him lol
    interesting. I would love to know how that performs with the 6spd tranny.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

It should be pretty interesting when he's done, but quite a pretty penny invested, I'm more interested in bang for the buck, in the end he'll have a high powered FWD car that doesn't really handle all that well, one of the reasons I ditched my accord V6. After Comptech Anti Sways, front and rear upper and lower tie bars, custom cross brace, and Tein SS it still handled like a portly pig.

Here's a Comptech Supercharged CL-S 6 speed. The red and purple is no I/C and 5psi, the other two runs are I/C and 7psi boost. Pretty peppy.(the aren't in order, look at the run numbers)
    Last edited by illusion; 03-30-2005 at 12:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.