stock Wrx vs. Acura TL-s - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stock Wrx vs. Acura TL-s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jigga nice run.. my friend has an 03 TL-S with comptech icebox, comptech header, lowering springs, crank ...

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    nice run..

my friend has an 03 TL-S with comptech icebox, comptech header, lowering springs, crank pulley and also some phenolic spacers. We don't run from a stop, since i am not a fan of launching my car (and we already know what would happen from a stop if i decided to), but when we start from a roll, it's never pretty for him. When we start from around 40mph, by the time we hit 120, he is usually a couple of buslengths back.

They are very nice cars though, in fact, I prefer riding in his car than i do mine. Mine goes fast, but the coilovers beat the hell out of you (switching to struts and prings on tuesday), and his car is also a bit of a chick magnet too, so it is pretty quick, and has appeal too. Has a killer stock sound system too (compared to SUbaru's stock system)
    lol, your comparing a mid 14sec TL-S to your low 12sec WRX. I would imagine you would walk him
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill.

When I was Cobb stg 2 I played with a friends 6 speed TL-S with CT Headers, Iceox and exhaust and although I could take him out of the hole, he'd slowly walk me every time. They aren't that slow

Last month I had the sad misfortune of messing with the wrong CL-S... I saw a big Comptech Sticker on the back window and didn't think much of it(I had comptech icebox, headers, and sways on my accord v6) I thought the little VF34 would stomp a mudhole in him. Boy was I sadly mistaken. He was inching a little at the light, but I didn't want to run up his ass when the light went so I waited for him to go, then stomped on it. He was about 3 cars up when I launched and was instantly on his ass, but that was the end of it, he pulled on me like a freaking train, I mean not even freaking close. I managed to get next to him a few lights later and had to ask WTF was in that thing. He replied "Comptech supercharger with high boost pulley, custom aftercooler and a few other toys, last dyno was about 375 to the ground on 91 octane" Ouch that hurt. It was a good looking beast too. Black with Black tint and Work Meisters.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

[QUOTE=illusion]Good kill.

When I was Cobb stg 2 I played with a friends 6 speed TL-S with CT Headers, Iceox and exhaust and although I could take him out of the hole, he'd slowly walk me every time. They aren't that slow QUOTE]

You sure it was a "6 speed TL-S?" They don't make 6 speed for tl-s. Unless you were talking about cl-s or the new tl, but not type s.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Nope it's an 02 TL-S that had the tranny barf twice thanks to a little purple bottle, dealer wouldn't warranty the second one and he picked up CL-S tranny and ECU off of ebay Now it's pretty much a CL-S in TL guise. As soon as he gets back from overseas it'll be a Comptech Supercharged version, and then I refuse to play with him lol

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    Nope it's an 02 TL-S that had the tranny barf twice thanks to a little purple bottle, dealer wouldn't warranty the second one and he picked up CL-S tranny and ECU off of ebay Now it's pretty much a CL-S in TL guise. As soon as he gets back from overseas it'll be a Comptech Supercharged version, and then I refuse to play with him lol
    interesting. I would love to know how that performs with the 6spd tranny.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

It should be pretty interesting when he's done, but quite a pretty penny invested, I'm more interested in bang for the buck, in the end he'll have a high powered FWD car that doesn't really handle all that well, one of the reasons I ditched my accord V6. After Comptech Anti Sways, front and rear upper and lower tie bars, custom cross brace, and Tein SS it still handled like a portly pig.

Here's a Comptech Supercharged CL-S 6 speed. The red and purple is no I/C and 5psi, the other two runs are I/C and 7psi boost. Pretty peppy.(the aren't in order, look at the run numbers)
    Last edited by illusion; 03-29-2005 at 11:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12