corvette death
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on corvette death within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Before the turbo and fuel and computer and seats my slightly modded wrx destroyed a 2001 corvette (3 times). Its ...

Cool corvette death

Before the turbo and fuel and computer and seats my slightly modded wrx destroyed a 2001 corvette (3 times). Its was so easy that it wasnt even funny. I also destroyed my buddies modded Rx-7 twin turbo. This is my first post even though I have been working on the car for awhile. The car is just now getting the above mods installed. So many people keep trying to hustle me but come up empty handed. I have also killed a 57 Bel Air with at least a 200+ shot of Nitrous. I also beat a really modded eclipse with turbo upgrades and everything. Anywho more insane kills are to come when the car gets back together.
    2002 Sedona Red Pearl debadged Subaru WRX
    -custom built top mount intercooler(a-spec)
    -greddy type-S blow off valve
    -injen intake
    -garret gt25 turbo shoved into ihi housing
    -sti injectors(being bored to 550cc)
    -high flow fuel rail
    -high flow fuel pump
    -fuel regulator
    -defi gauge pod(replace clock)
    -greddy egt, boost, and oil temp gauges with peak hold and warning
    -hks evc ez boost controller
    -full m2 polished turbo back exhaust with no cat
    -blitz turbo timer
    -corbeau forza seats with 3 point harnesses
    -toyo proxie FZ4 tires
    -a spec up-pipe
    -Turbo X-S UTEC computer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So what 1/4mile times do you think you are running with all that gear? Or how much HP do you think you are putting to the ground? Nice kills anyway...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Your "slightly modded" WRX beat a C5? To what, the 60 ft. mark? With the mods you have now, sure, but not if you were only "slightly modded."
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Let's see a timeslip

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

mr wrxless

...will smoke your german p o s your car is slow, stop hating and just admit the only reason your saying this is because you are insucure about your car...
    Hey... Play nice!

Apologies: A large portion of this post was deleted accidentally. Completely my fault (IS2Scooby).
    Last edited by is2scooby; 09-23-2002 at 06:06 PM.
    2002 Sedona Red Pearl debadged Subaru WRX
    -custom built top mount intercooler(a-spec)
    -greddy type-S blow off valve
    -injen intake
    -garret gt25 turbo shoved into ihi housing
    -sti injectors(being bored to 550cc)
    -high flow fuel rail
    -high flow fuel pump
    -fuel regulator
    -defi gauge pod(replace clock)
    -greddy egt, boost, and oil temp gauges with peak hold and warning
    -hks evc ez boost controller
    -full m2 polished turbo back exhaust with no cat
    -blitz turbo timer
    -corbeau forza seats with 3 point harnesses
    -toyo proxie FZ4 tires
    -a spec up-pipe
    -Turbo X-S UTEC computer

Big Bang Josh, what Chicago suburbs do you hang out in? Not too many Sedona Red WRX's running around out in the western burbs by me. Word will get around quick if you're running 12's...

See ya on the streets.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I've blown off quite a few C-5s. I'm stock. They must not be trying. Whatever. Makes me feel good.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

Come pick on my cars BigbangJosh...I'm in the chicago area.

You can take your pick 91 Stealth Twin Turbo, or a 99 C5

Either way, your seeing taillights.

There is ALWAYS someone faster
    91 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo
    a few goodies...

I can testify. I know Josh and I've seen his car. Its a fu.cking monster and just mops up cars in our area. I also have had the personal pleasure to ride shotgun in his ride and believe me, its insane. It instantly plasters you to the seat. I have yet to see him lose a race, and I've seen him run many times. If you're anywhere near the DuPage area drop one of us a line...we're looking for more subarus to ride with. I'm stock, so I dont do much racing, but I'd like to see some more quick WRX's around.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Care to set up a little friendly run between Josh and I?

As for the comment of "yet to lose a race", thats just idiotic.

If you havnt lost, you don't race. Unless of course you've only been in three races, or race cars with less than 200HP.

Let me know
    a few goodies...

hey hey

well if your in the Chicago area id love a shot with my A4 as well. While i have no doubt your car is fast, the closest ive come to running a fast car was the E46 M3 that i repeatedly walked on 88W- 294N.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Seems you have a nicely built A4 there. Very nice. Ever taken it to the track? Times? I'm always up for some fun.

What part of the chicago area are you in? NWburbs here.
    a few goodies...

Wink :)

Thanks Eviltwin, i live in the western suburbs, Oakbrook area....i believe HomeliteXL has run into my car

My car *should* be ready tomorrow (i snapped the MAF wiring housing, getting repaired). Either that harness or the MAF itself is bad, so ill have to order a new one if that is the case (grumbles about VW MAFs).

That's a **nice stable** you have as well...been trying to get a C5 to run with me, but you know what the typical buyer is like

My next project is my exhaust (i am running stock cat and a measily 2.25" Borla) so im moving to a 3" exhaust and a hi-flow cat. After that, its race programming (100 octane), finally a FMIC. How i wish i had a big ol' TMIC like the WRXers do

Oh as to times, no track for me yet, just put the clutch in a couple months ago, still breaking it in, slips a little at 4k when WOT

A friend with my kit, FMIC and test pipe (and only a 2.25" Borla), 93 octane programming ran a 13.1 in the 1/4. PES (my turbo kit tuner) just announced the release of their 100 octane programming, which is typically good for ~40hp over 93 octane programming. So power would be in the mid 300's by that point...high 300's when all that crap is put on.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    Last edited by Lawrider; 09-23-2002 at 11:38 PM.
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

...will smoke your german p o s your car is slow, stop hating and just admit the only reason your saying this is because you are insucure about your car...
    Please... why do children like you put so much worth in your car? Are you compensating for something else? I'm sorry, but the fact is you are driving a rally car; that means that anything over 100 MPH and a C5 will walk you (stock for stock/slightly modded). I can believe you took him as far as the 1/8th mile mark, but that's it. Again I state - with your current mods I can believe you'd beat a C5, but not if you were just "slightly modded".

BTW: I've attached a low res pic of my old car - as that seems to be what you relate to. Grow up and put your **** back in your pants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frontal 2.jpg  
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Lawrider,

I still say your car is too sweet. Do ya have a homepage for us to get some more info about it?
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.