corvette death - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on corvette death within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes, its true...I have had an encounter with Lawrider in the past, and Josh now knows of it too. Heh. ...

Yes, its true...I have had an encounter with Lawrider in the past, and Josh now knows of it too. Heh. But putting all my s.hittiness aside, Josh's car does have massive power. Shameless bragging will get us nowhere....lets set up some races motherf.uckers! Josh, you may wanna wait until you get your ride back from A-Spec. I'm pumped...that thing is gonna feel like a fuc.king plane taking off! I gotta drop a deuce...
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, Josh. Ur getting hated alot on this board! damn! But i will say i have witnessed the races and he did destroy them. At the time all he had, i believe was a MBC (16psi right?), CAI, BOV and Exhaust I believe. He prolly had it chipped or something. But i did see him: beat the vette, beat the rx-7 (although the rx-7 wasn't running as go as it should, but that's cuz bret likes to f.u.ck up his ride and there's always an excuse) and beat the 57 Bel Air that said he was running w/o nitrous even though he was.
    His car was sick fast back then and that was before all these new mods: programable comp, fuel injectors, NEW TURBO!!, fuel rail, fuel pump and i don't think he had the new intercooler either.
    Plus lord knows the stickers on the side at 10hp each ;-) that must be whats making it quicker than expected.
    With those new mods and him running at 20psi i have very little doubt in my mind that he could destroy many-a-car out there, stock or not (namely brets rx-7 or the vr-4 stealth)
    but if you put that wing on it man. . . i dunno. it won't be good
    good racing Josh, can't wait to see the car when i get up there for thanksgiving.

As wonderful as turbo 4's are, a well thought out and modded V8 WILL make more power, WILL make more torque...those extra cylinders and their displacment do make a difference and more than offset the greater friction and component mass.
    Hey josh, according to him when i get all "dinan-ed out" you could have some competition from me! lol, ummm . . . nahhh.

lasty i know you people don't like to go by magazine times but car-stats.com rated the wrx @ 14.1 and the corvette (2000) @ 13.8 and 1998 @ 13.5
    all stock

just something to think about

-=/ M a t t \=-
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Banned

Re: hay

Originally posted by bigbangjosh
    like I said before but it was cut out. A C5 runs only 13.5 in the quarter mile and a stock WRX runs 14.1. The WRX comes so restricted from the dealership its not even funny. Fully 3.5" exhaust with high flow cat, intake and boost controller was enough to pull my WRX into a 13.15 at 106 mph the one time I took it to the track. That was the first weekend after round one was installed and before I knew how to drag the car extremely well. THat was like 9 months ago. Since then I can shift with extreme percision and chirp the tires into third(not fun on the clutch though). Once I replace the stock clutch all will be okay. Believe me the guy in the corvette is kind of a friend of mine and wanted nothing more than to desomate my WRX. There was like a month of prequal to the eventual race. The third race he was finally satisfied with his launch, although I had one of the best launches ever(about 6400). That was the biggest margin of the three(about 3 1/2 cars). I have also dusted Camaro SS on the highway from like 60. Every tuner shop said my car is running unusually fast but ok. Although with my new chip I had ordered not being shiped for a month, I have to wait before the car will see any real increased power. Plus I have to make new slider brackets for the seats since they dont fit exactly. My car is red with white decals down the driverside and Im always cruising hinsdale/oakbrook/naperville/any other close burb. I'll see anyone out there.
    I dont know alot, but the mods you listed are pretty simple right? How come everybody doesnt do it, and become fast even though there a bad driver?

3.5" exhaust? Wow, i thought 3" was even too big

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Hey... What's with the swearing here, people? No need for that.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I dont know about taking a C-5 top end but I know that stock for stock, a WRX would give a C-5 a very good run for its money from stop light to stop light.

!!!

Josh,,
    i would love to go to the track with you,but i live in Brazil
    I am new to Subarus and i just bought a WRX Wagon (its getting here tomorrow and i will make a lot of mods.
    My Todays car is a Dodge Dakota V8 5.2 that has 232 HP Stock.
    I added some engine mods and i am running a 200 Shot NOS.
    I bet i could beat you as easy as taking sweet from a child.
    I dont think your WRX runs as fast as you say,but i want to say it definately cant beat my Dakota.
    What is your track time???
    Are you in the 11's??? HaHaHaHaHa
    Cheers and keep modding so you can beat my time.
    Tuca

Those #s are humorous. This is easily solved, however. Go to a popular track like englishtown and see for yourself. When you see bone stock FRC's busting 12s, come back and tell us. Hell, LT4 C4's are known to run high 12s bone stock. My WRX did run a 14.0 stock w/a pulled hose. That's great....but nowhere near 12s.

VV

Originally posted by daiviouth
    Dude, Josh. Ur getting hated alot on this board! damn! But i will say i have witnessed the races and he did destroy them. At the time all he had, i believe was a MBC (16psi right?), CAI, BOV and Exhaust I believe. He prolly had it chipped or something. But i did see him: beat the vette, beat the rx-7 (although the rx-7 wasn't running as go as it should, but that's cuz bret likes to f.u.ck up his ride and there's always an excuse) and beat the 57 Bel Air that said he was running w/o nitrous even though he was.
    His car was sick fast back then and that was before all these new mods: programable comp, fuel injectors, NEW TURBO!!, fuel rail, fuel pump and i don't think he had the new intercooler either.
    Plus lord knows the stickers on the side at 10hp each ;-) that must be whats making it quicker than expected.
    With those new mods and him running at 20psi i have very little doubt in my mind that he could destroy many-a-car out there, stock or not (namely brets rx-7 or the vr-4 stealth)
    but if you put that wing on it man. . . i dunno. it won't be good
    good racing Josh, can't wait to see the car when i get up there for thanksgiving.

Hey josh, according to him when i get all "dinan-ed out" you could have some competition from me! lol, ummm . . . nahhh.

lasty i know you people don't like to go by magazine times but car-stats.com rated the wrx @ 14.1 and the corvette (2000) @ 13.8 and 1998 @ 13.5
    all stock

just something to think about

-=/ M a t t \=-

Originally posted by daiviouth
    Dude, Josh. Ur getting hated alot on this board! damn!
    It's the attitude. No matter how fast your car is, using phrases like "Its was so easy that it wasnt even funny" and terms like "destroyed" is going to get anyone who uses them laughed at, here, because they're so full of immature teenage bluster. When I read:

So many people keep trying to hustle me but come up empty handed.

I laughed loud enough to draw the attention of my coworkers, because it's practically dripping with the swagger of a sixteen year old who really, really thinks he's the bomb. Come in here and say "hey guys, I beat a vette!" and we'll all give you a round of virtual high fives. But come in with this kind of garbage and you'll get flamed every time.

It's just the character of the board. If you insist on using all that Fast and Furious dialogue, you'll probably feel more at home in ClubSi. OTOH, if you'd like to tone down the attitude, I'm sure you'll get along fine here.
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

Well said, AutoXJunkie.

That's one thing about WRX vs. the World. Too much talking smack (bigbangjosh gets challenged by a guy from Brazil - LMAO, when will they actually race ?). I think we give this forum more attention than it deserves. Gary Sheehan posts about a victory for his Subaru on the Road Racing board and gets like 0 replies and 9 views. Over here somebody races a Civic 0-40 in a school zone, gets 20 replies and 300 views.

Sure it's fun surfing this board and doing the occasional street race. Most of us will have to admit to doing it one time or another. But I for one wish we could balance things a bit more with recognition of legitimate motor sports. I'm not talking just pro racing here but things that are realistically within financial and physical reach of most of us to participate in; RallyX, AutoX, Track days / time trial and Drag Racing.

I'm not a drag racer, but I like reading about the achievements of those in this club who do it, and when they post timeslips, you know it's the real deal, not somebody's F&F fantasy story or that you won the money race with the most mods or got the right break in traffic to make your move. Rant over.
    Old, but not slow.

Thats just the thing about us out in the suburbs (bigbangjosh, daiviouth, and me)...all our friends are streetracers. For a thrill there isn't much else for us to do. The tracks are far as hell away and we can do roughly the same thing by us (minus some safety). All in all we are relatively safe though. We only do it in small groups, we have people at the ends of the streets with flashlights to alert us if there's a car coming, and we only do it on EXTREMELY empty streets with no intersections in the middle. Sure most people on this board knock streetracing, and sometimes I agree with em', but its fun and ya cant deny that if you've done it. Oh yea...and Josh's car kicks ass, heh.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    Thats just the thing about us out in the suburbs (bigbangjosh, daiviouth, and me)...all our friends are streetracers. For a thrill there isn't much else for us to do. The tracks are far as hell away and we can do roughly the same thing by us (minus some safety). All in all we are relatively safe though. We only do it in small groups, we have people at the ends of the streets with flashlights to alert us if there's a car coming, and we only do it on EXTREMELY empty streets with no intersections in the middle. Sure most people on this board knock streetracing, and sometimes I agree with em', but its fun and ya cant deny that if you've done it. Oh yea...and Josh's car kicks ass, heh.
    Don't dispute it about Josh's car, Homelite. Sounds like a helluva machine. I've done a little spur-of-the-moment street racing, but certainly nothing organized to the extent that you fellas have got set up. I've also done a couple of road circuit track days recently, and I'll tell 'ya, IMO it absolutly shreds street racing on the fun factor. Let me put it in analogy form, not that I've done these very things, mind you:

Street Racing: Jerking off in a public rest room. Due to that broken door latch, get it over quick to avoid the bust for Public Lewdness.

Road Racing: Passionate all-night sex with the woman of your dreams in front of a crackling fireplace in a 5-star hotel room.

Am I getting through here ? Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of you guys. Just trying to suggest there are alternatives and the obstacles are by no means insurmountable. Take a road trip up to Road America or someplace and check it out. Or do a local AutoX. Not saying it'll completely replace the street racing - that's reality - but I think you'll like wringing out your cars to the max where you don't have to worry about the cops.

Peace.
    Last edited by ScoobySteve; 09-26-2002 at 05:25 PM.
    Old, but not slow.

I've never looked into AutoX...i dont really know anything about it in fact. I see posts referring to it every now and then. I love that analogy you wrote! It's hard to make me laugh in front of a computer...so hats off to you, sir!
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

LoL adam. im glad you got me reading this again. im kinda sad cuz im here, without my car. and you guys are at A-spec every week chillin w/ turbos the size of watermellons. oh well
    It's the attitude. No matter how fast your car is, using phrases like "Its was so easy that it wasnt even funny" and terms like "destroyed" is going to get anyone who uses them laughed at, here, because they're so full of immature teenage bluster. When I read:
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So many people keep trying to hustle me but come up empty handed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I laughed loud enough to draw the attention of my coworkers, because it's practically dripping with the swagger of a sixteen year old who really, really thinks he's the bomb.
    AutoX Junkie: normally i'd agree with you, but the thing is josh, moreso than anyone i know, has the right to be cocky.
    People have tried to hustle him "it's a buick regal, basicly stock. wanna race?" "isn't that an intercooler? and isn't that the grand national hood? aren't those GN rims?" "umm . . . no?"
    and i bet he could've beat him too. He does have the ricer stickers on the side so people think he's all show and no go. Then you hear it take off, and yes, it does take off, and they are left with their ****s in their hands and their foots in their mouth. when i get back to chi-town i'll organize a drag day ($20 tune n' run right guys?) and then he'll get the slips to back it up. but until then just take our words - it's fast.

- M a t t -

p.s. josh - yes, this is the internet but you don't have to be an ass.
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6-speed
    It's Blurple and Slow.
    111*106*15979
    http://www.10-94.net/misc/sig.jpg
    The 10/94 Forum

Originally posted by daiviouth ...p.s. josh - yes, this is the internet but you don't have to be an ass.
    Good lookin' out.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.