WRX Vs. EVO
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; will a 280 awhp WRX beat a 270 awhp EVO if not why?...

WRX Vs. EVO

will a 280 awhp WRX beat a 270 awhp EVO if not why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've seen/heard Cobb Stg2 WRX take on stock EVO. I guess it all depends on the launch.

When I raced my co-worker's stock EVO, I put a carlength on the launch. That's when I just had turboback. It depends on the driver also. LOL

stage two is 280 awhp? - i dont think so maybe 280 at the crank but definately not at the wheels - someone chime in if im wrong

bump - someone respond

I Support ClubWRX
    That's probably too close to call. Almost identical horsepower, weight, traction. I'm not sure if gearing would make a difference here.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

with that close in wheel hp i think the wrx would almost surely win. Not only is it a few hundred pounds lighter and slightly more hp, but i think the gearing is going to fare better for the wrx, at least up to about 1/4 mile speeds. I think it would be close though, so without knowing driver skill in each car it could go either way really.

there are too many factors to call this one.... gearing and driver skill being the biggest ones....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by SWAP320
    stage two is 280 awhp? - i dont think so maybe 280 at the crank but definately not at the wheels - someone chime in if im wrong
    Yep, stage 2 is ~280 at the crank. That's somethinig like 220 to the wheels.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Not only is it a few hundred pounds lighter and slightly more hp,

WRX weighs a few hunder pounds less? My Evo weighs 3100 Pounds, how much does the WRX weigh?

As far as that AWHP if they are both the same or close to it then it will depend on power band. I mean if you hit that 270AWHP and then have it fall off, so will your wopend pull. If you make and HOLD 270AWHP for a couple thousand RPM, you will continue to pull.

But again both cars with near the same weight and WHP should be a drivers race. IMHO I would assume the Evo as it being tuned will normally have a better topend. I could be wrong, race him.....

I also heard that STG2's pull away from Evo's? Stock ones, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by 04blkWRX
    Off TurboXs site.. http://www.turboxs.com/utecstg2.htm
    Stage 2 Max Wheel HP: 227.8 hp @ 5593 rpm @ 15.1 psi +59.4 WHP or a 36% Increase in HP!

Stage 2 Max Wheel TQ: 219.9 ft/ibs @ 4594 rpm +48.1 ft/ibs Increase in TQ over stock!

Thats less the up/pipe and a stock stage 2 map.. With up/pipe and tuning I'm guessing in the low 240's..

Both cars being close in wieght and hp and if both have good tuning it's all about the driver..

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    That's probably too close to call. Almost identical horsepower, weight, traction. I'm not sure if gearing would make a difference here.
    Actually the STi and EVO weigh about the same but the standard WRX is substantially lighter than either one.... but the EVO has shorter gearing than the WRX... pretty much a drivers race.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    WRX weighs a few hunder pounds less? My Evo weighs 3100 Pounds, how much does the WRX weigh?

As far as that AWHP if they are both the same or close to it then it will depend on power band. I mean if you hit that 270AWHP and then have it fall off, so will your wopend pull. If you make and HOLD 270AWHP for a couple thousand RPM, you will continue to pull.

But again both cars with near the same weight and WHP should be a drivers race. IMHO I would assume the Evo as it being tuned will normally have a better topend. I could be wrong, race him.....

I also heard that STG2's pull away from Evo's? Stock ones, is that true?
    I take it you have an RS with no AC and roll up windows? Normal EVO is 3260 without the sun roof, more with a sunroof.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

3100lbs hmpf you guys aint got nothing on me 4672lbs oh yeah.....go 1960's muscle cars....
    ASE Certified tech. Nissan Master Certified

2003 WRB Auto Wingless Wrx Turbo Timer
    Perrin Short Intake, Downpipe And CatBack. Waiting on the weather for install to cold.

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertable 355Ci 423rwhp 593 ft/lbs tq Nice little play toy

Any wrx have 280whp? Let's race and find out.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the outcome will be dependant on launching and shifting, with the WRX getting the jump and the Evo closing the gap for a near picture perfect tie at the end. Spool up will have a lot to do with this scenario, but mostly it will be driver's skill.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.