WRX Vs. EVO - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SWAP320 stage two is 280 awhp? - i dont think so maybe 280 at the crank but ...

Quote Originally Posted by SWAP320
    stage two is 280 awhp? - i dont think so maybe 280 at the crank but definately not at the wheels - someone chime in if im wrong
    a tuned stage 4 wrx with vf34 is around 275-290 awhp a tuned stg 3 wrx 230-240 awhp.and for all you stg 2 cobb guys the access port pushes 190- 210 awhp on the same dyno as the other numbers came from which is the same if not a little less than a turbo xs tuned.as cobb access port really can't be tuned. a stg 2 wrx would not keep up with a stock evo when i was stg 2 i could not keep up with an evo,and i am a pretty good driver. the evo just has to much grunt. and at stg 3 i would beat him in the quarter mile ,but shortly after he would shoot past like i was slowing down. stg 4 you can beat them and pull until shut down, but a slightly modded evo i think that would be a diiferent story. as much as i dislike the evo i have to say it is a wicked ,and easy car to make hella fast. for all you guys who say the interior sucks .well you want a race car or a luxury car? the evo is a car that is up top with some heavy hitters props go out to them.i still will keep my wrx though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I take it you have an RS with no AC and roll up windows? Normal EVO is 3260 without the sun roof, more with a sunroof.

Believe it or not teh RS is barely lighter. I mean they remove stupid things but ALL that weight comes back with the addition of a different TC and front LSD. It's really a wash.

My 03 Evo is just over 3100, lighter then a RS by far. I do not think a WRX could be under 3000, how much do they weigh???

I weighed my WRX at 3085 (strangely enough, exactly what the factory claims), but I'm at Cobb Stage 2 so it's probably a little lighter than from the factory since I don't have those cats. I've seen a completely stripped down WRX (no carpet, back seat, door panels, AC, power steering, nothing) and it weighed like 2800 lbs I think. However, who the he!! would ever want to drive the damn thing.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Believe it or not teh RS is barely lighter. I mean they remove stupid things but ALL that weight comes back with the addition of a different TC and front LSD. It's really a wash.

My 03 Evo is just over 3100, lighter then a RS by far. I do not think a WRX could be under 3000, how much do they weigh???
    i bet i am at least 3100lbs with all the upgrades
    aps dr725front mount this thing is about a metric ton but worth it
    6- 60mm guages this adds at least 100 lbs

seriously though i bet with all the crap i have added to my car to make it faster i am at about 3100 puonds .

too close to call. race him and find out
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Any wrx have 280whp? Let's race and find out.
    i got 290 awhp - so we should see - but you live to0 far away - find someone close to you and ill find someone in LA and well compare- me and Turbowill woulde be a good race i would like to do it but NY is a little too far

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    a tuned stage 4 wrx with vf34 is around 275-290 awhp a tuned stg 3 wrx 230-240 awhp.and for all you stg 2 cobb guys the access port pushes 190- 210 awhp on the same dyno as the other numbers came from which is the same if not a little less than a turbo xs tuned.as cobb access port really can't be tuned. a stg 2 wrx would not keep up with a stock evo when i was stg 2 i could not keep up with an evo,and i am a pretty good driver. the evo just has to much grunt. and at stg 3 i would beat him in the quarter mile ,but shortly after he would shoot past like i was slowing down. stg 4 you can beat them and pull until shut down, but a slightly modded evo i think that would be a diiferent story. as much as i dislike the evo i have to say it is a wicked ,and easy car to make hella fast. for all you guys who say the interior sucks .well you want a race car or a luxury car? the evo is a car that is up top with some heavy hitters props go out to them.i still will keep my wrx though

I've never seen a cobb stage 2 dyno less than 204AWHP and that was a Auto.

i have seen 194 on a dyna pak dyno,and the same car on a mustang 260 same setup. i guess numbers are numbers, but getting consistant numbers is important i am not taking anything away from cobb stuff

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I've never seen a cobb stage 2 dyno less than 204AWHP and that was a Auto.
    ahhh yes...but then, some cobb stage 2's dyno quite a bit more. Oh..you meant non-STi
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD

Where did you weigh your car and what have you got done to it? I weighed mine with a full tank of gas and me in the car it weighed in at 3520. My fat ass weighs in at 240 so this gives a car weight of 3280. The list weight of the car without a sunroof is 3260, but mine has the sunroof so the 3280 works out fine. Fuel weighs slightly less than 8 lbs a gallon, so even if I weighed my car with zero fuel in it, it would run 3168...

So, where do you come up with this 3100 lbs weight? Remember, all published weights in magazines are with all fluids toped off including fuel... so if you have an EVO that is lightened by 70 lbs or so and weighed it empty remember to subtract the fuel weight from the published weight of the WRX you are comparing it to... about 128 lbs for the fuel in the WRX.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

IDK Keith, it's what the scale said buddy. I went to body motion, had teh full weight of the car while corner balancing. Maybe my exhaust, my IC pipes, IDK but my car is light and it feels it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12