Opinions about clk 230 sport
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Opinions about clk 230 sport within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friends is considering buying a merc clk 230 sport sedan. He doesn't know much about cars and i've told ...

Opinions about clk 230 sport

My friends is considering buying a merc clk 230 sport sedan. He doesn't know much about cars and i've told him my opinion about that car, and what other cars i think he should consider. basically he likes the car because it has a nice interior/exterior, its supercharged, and the biggest factor in his decision...its a "benz"

what do you guys think?

what other cars should he consider?

i'm really trying to convince him not to purchase this car because i think he might really regret it. its a 30 thousand dollar car so its alot of money. he's really gonna buy the car for aesthetics. so no sti or evo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car, but the money is going towards luxury and not much performance. If he's a luxury-lover/wannabe pimp, I say Benz. If he wants a more lively, fast, sharp car, there are lots of better alternatives for $30k.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

My dad has that benz. It isnt a bad looking car, but i am thoroughly unimpressed by the supercharged enging. i think it only has like 220 hp. Then again if your friend really wants that peace sign on his hood, he should get it.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

well i'm a beleiver in the fact that if you should get a luxury car to get a bimmer over a merc unless it was an s-class or above. ne c-class then ur getting it for the name. i basically think that mercedes made a c-class just to have a car in that market. but i dont really think they put much effort into those cars to make them outstanding cars or ne thing.

also i think mercedes is ranked last or second to last in reliability.
    Last edited by Vinhtage; 03-22-2005 at 08:41 PM.

A very nice well rounded luxury car for a great price. Also real good to get the ladies attention.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

t
    I've heard it was a pretty much remodeled neon, but I could be mistaken.

My friend's dad has one, it's a very nice car, very polished feel to every aspect. However, the performance is a little disappointing, expecially compared to the my car. For pure aesthetics though, I like it.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Get him to test drive a Legacy GT
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    well i'm a beleiver in the fact that if you should get a luxury car to get a bimmer over a merc unless it was an s-class or above. ne c-class then ur getting it for the name. i basically think that mercedes made a c-class just to have a car in that market. but i dont really think they put much effort into those cars to make them outstanding cars or ne thing.

also i think mercedes is ranked last or second to last in reliability.
    i work for mercedes benz.they make luxery cars first and performance second. they came out with the c-class because the public wanted it,and they put the same effort into it as they do the s-class as a matter of fact according to consumer reports it is mecedes benz best built and most reliable car. we are coming out with 5 new cars this year and part of next year. the cls500 will be a luxury car with alot of muscle under the hood. just a side note anyone who buys either the mecedes or the bmw it is because of the name

thanks for the facts sonic. maybe my opinions on mercedes was to biased. maybe i'll support him in his choice to buy a merc.

also my friends say theres a special way mercedes does oil changes that only dealers can do, is that true?

i am not attacking ya . just stating some facts. hell i want an m3. as for the oil change i am no aware of anything. i am no longer a mechanic. just wrench for fun. i do think the clk is way underpowered for the price you pay for the car

One of my buddies got one a couple of months ago. He's not a car guy at all and more of a pimp wanna-be so it suits him well. Looks fantabulous on the outside and pretty nice on the inside, but the car lacks in the performance area. I remember watching Car and Driver TV and all they did was rag on the car.

Funny story though: He asked me to go out on a ride with him cause he said the engine was making a funny sound and made him a lil nervous. So we took it out on the freeway and I told him to go wot. He turns to me and says "hear that sound? that's it" Turns out it was just the supercharger. He felt kinda stupid after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    A very nice well rounded luxury car for a great price. Also real good to get the ladies attention.
    And stock they have a pretty good suspension that mixes performance with comfort. It's no STi performer but it's a good ride and it delievers exactly what peopple expect: a good luxurious ride for the money. The sunroof it has is sweet too.

youre talking about c230 right? the kompressors? my mom has one. its an okay car, i would of rather got an e class

i wouldnt mind having a C

Quote Originally Posted by pinoymcflurry
    i wouldnt mind having a C
    C32 AMG is an incredibly nice car! I never see them around though....

Yeah, the performance of the CLK 230 is not that impressive. MB tends to make a luxury car first, and a performance car second... as opposed to its rival BMW who seems to make a performance car first, and a luxury car second.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.