Sentra R V-Spec
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sentra R V-Spec within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; went to the local race spot and saw a brand new V-spec and he got own3d! i thought these cars ...

Sentra R V-Spec

went to the local race spot and saw a brand new V-spec and he got own3d! i thought these cars were at least somewhat fast? i walked him like a civic.. and he was trying to because he chirped at the light and he chirped 2nd gear also. i could hear it. needless to say i was dissapointed
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They're quick for their price, but not compared to a WRX. Its 19K, and if you did the difference, and added that in mods to the Spec V, it can be faster than the Rex, but not even close stock.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    They're quick for their price, but not compared to a WRX. Its 19K, and if you did the difference, and added that in mods to the Spec V, it can be faster than the Rex, but not even close stock.
    very true, i just thought it would be faster
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

They actually do feel like they pull pretty hard when you sit in them... but they do have some problems (low redline, FWD...)
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Re: Sentra R V-Spec

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    went to the local race spot and saw a brand new V-spec and he got own3d! i thought these cars were at least somewhat fast? i walked him like a civic.. and he was trying to because he chirped at the light and he chirped 2nd gear also. i could hear it. needless to say i was dissapointed

I own a wrx and my wife drive a se r spec v for 18k, it's a good buy.Took it to the local track belive it or not the bastard ran a 15.4 stock....pretty impresive.Coming out the hole it rumbles and rattles ,it even chirped 3rd.It would be a good drag car because of the low end torque.the driver make the car
    wrx for life

well

i had a 02 spev ....it's pretty fast..rpm goes up fast..
    i did 7,1sec 0-60mil and 15.2sec 1/4mil......bone stock...what do you think ?

i have a wrx now....of course it's fast.. but it's less exicting in rpm...because it feels slow below 3,5k....

Re: well

Originally posted by Lord
    i had a 02 spev ....it's pretty fast..rpm goes up fast..
    i did 7,1sec 0-60mil and 15.2sec 1/4mil......bone stock...what do you think ?

i have a wrx now....of course it's fast.. but it's less exicting in rpm...because it feels slow below 3,5k....
    when you are racing where are the rpms usually..exactly high rpm...i knew the vspec did mid15s but i was not impressed with it...well i shouldn' say that since i never sat in one and my car is a second and a half faster
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I've got both. Obviously, the WRX is faster but it sounds like the Spec V you raced was driven by a sh!tty driver. The best 1/4 time I've heard recorded in a stock Spec V was about 15 flat. Stock for stock, the Spec V seems to outhandle the WRX in the twisties. Not bad for a car that I paid about $18K for... the stock Fosgate stereo blows away the piece of sh!t I paid Subaru an extra $400-500 for, I'll tell you that...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    I've got both. Obviously, the WRX is faster but it sounds like the Spec V you raced was driven by a sh!tty driver. The best 1/4 time I've heard recorded in a stock Spec V was about 15 flat. Stock for stock, the Spec V seems to outhandle the WRX in the twisties. Not bad for a car that I paid about $18K for... the stock Fosgate stereo blows away the piece of sh!t I paid Subaru an extra $400-500 for, I'll tell you that...
    i don't know if the guy couldn't drive i really didn't know he wanted to race he had his gf in the car and i line up at a prior light and nothing i guess he was afriad of the cops and he took off so i let her go and i quickly passed him up to only 70-80 then i shut it down i was already a couple cars ahead
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Well, as I said the WRX is certainly a faster car. However, line up next to a Spec V that gets a good launch and you might be a bit surprised. Its got tons of torque for the size of the car and can really snap hard off the line. The problem is, it redlines at 6250... ahh well, its a hell of a fun car for the money. I'm really happy with it.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    Well, as I said the WRX is certainly a faster car. However, line up next to a Spec V that gets a good launch and you might be a bit surprised. Its got tons of torque for the size of the car and can really snap hard off the line. The problem is, it redlines at 6250... ahh well, its a hell of a fun car for the money. I'm really happy with it.

I'm sure Jim Wolf Technology will come out with a chip for it that will raise the redline. Used to have an altima and their chip raised it significantly.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/

Originally posted by Griswold

I'm sure Jim Wolf Technology will come out with a chip for it that will raise the redline. Used to have an altima and their chip raised it significantly.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/
    but how would go in the upper rpm is the question
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    but how would go in the upper rpm is the question
    True. True. If the engine is anything like the Altima's old 2.4L I4, it's got some more to give on top with an exhaust.

But, not having driven the car, I'm speaking from my ass!

Originally posted by Griswold

But, not having driven the car, I'm speaking from my ass!
    is that what the awful smell is..ur ass coudl use a mint or some gum
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

i would say, wrx certainly has a decent start....but once you are on the road...stock vs stock....there is not much different between spec and wrx... make sure you compared both 0-30, 30-60, 0-60, 60-90 times....
    on the paper, wrx beats specv 1 sec in 0-30...and it has still the 1 sec of difference in 1/4mile....which means, spec has a good keep-up with its price, not too bad...of course, a ****ty diver can make it a different story...

i drove my spec 10k mi...i had so much fun with....and now with 3,5k mi on my wrx...i couldn't be happier with AWD....not to mention that the winter is comming...

and for the rpm question... spec v rev up pretty pretty fast.. 180t at about 3000 rpm...

i am not here to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.... i drove both cars.....i believe 2003wrx shares the same vision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.