Sentra R V-Spec - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sentra R V-Spec within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Lord i would say, wrx certainly has a decent start....but once you are on the road...stock vs ...

Re: .

Originally posted by Lord
    i would say, wrx certainly has a decent start....but once you are on the road...stock vs stock....there is not much different between spec and wrx... make sure you compared both 0-30, 30-60, 0-60, 60-90 times....
    on the paper, wrx beats specv 1 sec in 0-30...and it has still the 1 sec of difference in 1/4mile....which means, spec has a good keep-up with its price, not too bad...of course, a ****ty diver can make it a different story...

i drove my spec 10k mi...i had so much fun with....and now with 3,5k mi on my wrx...i couldn't be happier with AWD....not to mention that the winter is comming...

and for the rpm question... spec v rev up pretty pretty fast.. 180t at about 3000 rpm...

i am not here to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.... i drove both cars.....i believe 2003wrx shares the same vision.
    as i've seen in the past paper doesn't make the race ya know....everyone is diff and all cars are diff. It's what happens from the light turning green up to a certain speed....0-30 and all that stuff is a good base but the real results are on the street
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I suspect the car still has some top end above 6250, it pulls really hard right up until redline. There are a few turbos in development that are due out in the next 6 months, so time will tell. If someone can boost that thing reliably, it'll be a beast.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    I suspect the car still has some top end above 6250, it pulls really hard right up until redline. There are a few turbos in development that are due out in the next 6 months, so time will tell. If someone can boost that thing reliably, it'll be a beast.
    if it's got high compression it won't push much boost and then you'd have to change the internals..would be better for a s/c bolt on for it
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yeah, there has been alot of speculation about the QR25 engine. I know Area 51 has a supercharger, but I'm not sure how close it is to market. There are a few guys developing turbos and I've heard boost #'s in the 5-7psi range if memory serves. People have been getting good gains from intake/header/exhaust so far though. Anyway, I'm not planning to mod mine. All expendable income goes the WRX! The Spec V is a fun daily driver, the WRX is my baby.
    2003 WRX Sedan

speedracer surely drives better specv one....
    i am surprised that six speed can be walked so easily.

i liked the down shift action on spec tho...always hook on the powerband anytime....

wrx is surely a best 25k car..
    and specv is surely a best under 20k car... (of course...its reliability is still a question)

Re: .

speedracer surely drives better specv one....
    huh
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

wrx is surely a best 25k car..
    and specv is surely a best under 20k car... (of course...its reliability is still a question)
    I agree. It's fun to drive a responsive N/A car every now and then, and the Spec provides power pretty much on demand. However, I have heard of guys complaining about the Specs eating alot of oil. We'll just see how they hold up in the long run. But until the SRT-4 comes out I still think the Sentra is the performance bargain under 20k.

I think there are a lot of choices for under $20k. Personally, I'd take the SVT Focus, cause I love the design and it handles really well.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    I think there are a lot of choices for under $20k. Personally, I'd take the SVT Focus, cause I love the design and it handles really well.
    it does handle well but the power isn't there...but a supercharger can change that
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

The Focus SVT is cool... its probably the closest comparison to the SpecV for the $. I might have considered it more seriously if it was available in the 4-door. I'm just not feeling the hatchback, personally...

There have been some SpecVs with oil consumption issues, but it has been the minority not the majority. 2.5L Altimas are running the same motor and have also had some oil issues reported here and there. Mine was built in 10/01 (so it was among the first SpecVs built) and it runs great with 7700 miles.
    2003 WRX Sedan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12