COBB 2 Vs. RX-7

This is a discussion on COBB 2 Vs. RX-7 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday I was taking care of a friend ...she was upset at her boyfriend and all.....went out for ice-cream and ...

J-H

COBB 2 Vs. RX-7

Yesterday I was taking care of a friend ...she was upset at her boyfriend and all.....went out for ice-cream and all that. On the way back I spotted this silver RX-7.

He was following me pretty closely.....immediately I knew that he would be up for a run.

Coming out of this turn (last 3 races were coming of this on-ramp). I was in 2nd gear and as soon as we got on the highway part of the ramp I kinda went WOT for 1 second or two, just to see if he would run....he wanted to go....I mash the gas...we are even through 2nd, I shift to 3rd as fast as I possibly can....I get a CL on him.....after that we are aven (him being 1 car back but creeping on me), shift to fourth and I shut down at 105...he was still there.....then I noticed he had hit the brakes and took and exit...could not give him props or anything.

My guess is that he missed 3rd. I am 100% sure that he would've left me had he not missed the gear....oh well...

NICE RUN

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If RX-7's were more reliable id own one... regardless of that. They are solid sports cars. they can be configured to outhandle and out accelerate almost anything on the road or track...

my friends got 95 single turbo (105mm hot side). cant wait to see what kind of numbers it will throw down once tuned.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

did you get some from your lady friend as a victory prize?
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

J-H
    Nah, we are friends.....she is a bit older than me so she just kinda laughed at me.....good thing is that she is not my girlfriend, she could've just given me the "my name" yell and I would have had to take my foot of the pedal

She is a VERY cute girl....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

did you notice if the rx8 was stock or not? a stock rx8 only puts down like 170whp. if it was stock or with a few boltons, you should have been able to kill it even more with your cobb stage 2

J-H
    This one was NOT stock. He kept up with me and if it wasn't for his mistake I would've lost....

As soon as I saw him I told my girlfriend that I was going to get my a$$ handed to me.....

Guess not....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    This one was NOT stock. He kept up with me and if it wasn't for his mistake I would've lost....

As soon as I saw him I told my girlfriend that I was going to get my a$$ handed to me.....

Guess not....

Was that a Froidian(*sp) slip? I thought she was a friend?
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    did you notice if the rx8 was stock or not? a stock rx8 only puts down like 170whp. if it was stock or with a few boltons, you should have been able to kill it even more with your cobb stage 2

I think he raced an RX-7.

Nice run!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

mah bad

nice run
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Nice run.... I know the RX-7 have a lot of potiential... i know because I still own one right now. See my sig? Anyways.. still a great run.
    Last edited by Stasis; 03-22-2005 at 06:13 PM.
    BlueWRX-7