WRX vs. older M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. older M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I do remember the turbo gauge reading .06 when I was performing said "block out"...

Banned
    I do remember the turbo gauge reading .06 when I was performing said "block out"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    nice run. e-36 are teh slow
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    nice run. e-36 are teh slow
    Not sound like a d*ck, but I expected more of response from someone of your caliber. The race that went on here, was OBVIOUSLY not a real race. A wrx could not have pulled on stock civic in those conditions let alone an E36 M3.
    The M3 was not racing what so ever, I dont care what this guys says, lol.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Banned
    I suppose that sound coming from his engine was just from normal cruising eh?

The 90's ones are slow and washed up. They're barely at a stock WRX's level.

Also, as cars get older they lose compression, etc...go read Car and Driver. When they publish 40,000 mile reports on specific cars, the car usually shows 0.3 slower in the quarter mile.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSIG220
    I suppose that sound coming from his engine was just from normal cruising eh?

The 90's ones are slow and washed up. They're barely at a stock WRX's level.

Also, as cars get older they lose compression, etc...go read Car and Driver. When they publish 40,000 mile reports on specific cars, the car usually shows 0.3 slower in the quarter mile.
    actually, in car and driver, cars are often quicker after the 40,000 mile report because the writers and drivers actually learn how to drive the car in the best suited way.

The 90's (an E36 M3) is hardly "washed up". Those are amazing driving machines and can easily be made to handle like you would not believe. and as for them being slow? They may not be 12 sec cars, but a mid-low 14sec pass at 98mph is pretty damn good in my book. Especially being nearly 10 years old. Not only is the 1/4 mile time right next to a stock wrx's, but it will put some GOOD distance on a stock wrx from ANY roll, considering the traps speed is 3-4mph higher than a stock rex's.

I would think before you speak. An E36 M3 is hardly slow and washed up. It is a matter of opinion, but a majority of enthusiests could assert to the car being a wonderful performance machine, particularly for when it came out (10 years ago).

your not understanding me dude. HE WAS NOT RACING! this is already not worth my time. A catless WRX at 70mph in 5th gear @ 70% throttle is liable to get passed up by a stock civic. If you were in 3rd gear at full throttle THEN it would have been a good race, and you probably would have won it by a car or 2. but to be 2 gears higher, and not even WOT and claim a win on an E36 M3 that you are "for certain" was racing is completely asinine and demonstrates your knowledge of cars as a whole.

I dont mean to be a jerk, but you are being ridiculous trying to defend this win. If that car was racing, and in its full potential it would have killed you in those conditions. My wrx ran a 13.3 @ 99mph and in 5th gear, even at WOT my buddies high 15sec civic would take me up until after 110mph!
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Not sound like a d*ck, but I expected more of response from someone of your caliber. The race that went on here, was OBVIOUSLY not a real race. A wrx could not have pulled on stock civic in those conditions let alone an E36 M3.
    The M3 was not racing what so ever, I dont care what this guys says, lol.
    Dude..chill...just tryin' out my e-slang (note the "teh"). It was meant as sarcasm. But hey...thanks for the "my caliber" part . I tend to stay out of what appear to be posts that might not be so believable. I'm a firm believer in anything can happen, and if I'm not there, I really don't feel the need to respond, unless it's with legitimate questions. Otherwise, it turns into the same ole' "but the numbers say this" game. If someone says they won, then kudo's to them. Otherwise, it's usually not worth it in my book

edit: btw..from my perspective, e36 are teh slow...truly
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 03-26-2005 at 07:23 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Dude..chill...just tryin' out my e-slang (note the "teh"). It was meant as sarcasm. But hey...thanks for the "my caliber" part . I tend to stay out of what appear to be posts that might not be so believable. I'm a firm believer in anything can happen, and if I'm not there, I really don't feel the need to respond, unless it's with legitimate questions. Otherwise, it turns into the same ole' "but the numbers say this" game. If someone says they won, then kudo's to them. Otherwise, it's usually not worth it in my book
    I understand your point. I am begining to see it is not worth it as well. I understand the whole "anything can happen". That excuse is fine in my book, because its true, anything CAN happen. but DoubleSIG220 is still defending the fact that this guy was racing at full throttle and giving everything he had
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12