Evo VII info...When does the STi hit?

This is a discussion on Evo VII info...When does the STi hit? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Question: Has Subaru officially said when the STi will hit US shores? If not, what's the general consensus on a ...

Lightbulb Evo VII info...When does the STi hit?

Question: Has Subaru officially said when the STi will hit US shores? If not, what's the general consensus on a time estimate?

This might be a "Hi, and welcome to last year" thing for some of you, but I just read in my October edition of C&D that the Evo VII will be here in January, make about 250HP, have a base price of $27K, 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds, and a whole list of excuses for costing more than the standard WRX but not being able to out-perform it...

Also, is there any new/concrete info on the US version of the STi?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Evo VII info...When does the STi hit?

Originally posted by autolove
    Question: Has Subaru officially said when the STi will hit US shores? If not, what's the general consensus on a time estimate?

This might be a "Hi, and welcome to last year" thing for some of you, but I just read in my October edition of C&D that the Evo VII will be here in January, make about 250HP, have a base price of $27K, 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds, and a whole list of excuses for costing more than the standard WRX but not being able to out-perform it...

Also, is there any new/concrete info on the US version of the STi?
    But it's got 250hp compared to our 227. Obviously it will beat us.

STI is still a rumor - one I won't believe until I see a rumor inline with Subaru's US marketing efforts: the SPT version.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Actually.. I recently talked to my Subaru Tech in TO and he told me to expect them between March - May in Canada. He works for the Subie dealership so I think it's quite reliable.

Also.. I was watching a British car review show.. and they said the STi is approx 2.5 thousand pounds more than the Evo VII.
    Last edited by GabeWRX; 09-22-2002 at 01:04 PM.

Question Re: Re: Evo VII info...When does the STi hit?

Originally posted by GV27

But it's got 250hp compared to our 227. Obviously it will beat us.

STI is still a rumor - one I won't believe until I see a rumor inline with Subaru's US marketing efforts: the SPT version.
    What's the SPT version?

Originally posted by GabeWRX
    they said the STi is approx 2.5 thousand pounds more than the Evo VII.
    Holy *%# the STI is gonna be heavy!

j/k

Banned
    Originally posted by GabeWRX
    Actually.. I recently talked to my Subaru Tech in TO and he told me to expect them between March - May in Canada. He works for the Subie dealership so I think it's quite reliable.

Also.. I was watching a British car review show.. and they said the STi is approx 2.5 thousand pounds more than the Evo VII.
    it better have like a million hp then!

bah... you both suck

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: Evo VII info...When does the STi hit?

Originally posted by autolove

What's the SPT version?
    Subaru markets the STi bits as SPT in this country 'cause we're too stupid to understand "Subaru Technica International" and need to be told "Subaru Performance Tuning". I'd be a bit surprised if they weren't consistent with their marketing. On the other hand the "STI" version is generating a certain amount of hubub so maybe I'm wrong and they will go with that name. We'll see.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

STI supposed to be here for MO 2004

03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Thumbs down Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo VII info...When does the STi hit?

Originally posted by GV27

Subaru markets the STi bits as SPT in this country 'cause we're too stupid to understand "Subaru Technica International" and need to be told "Subaru Performance Tuning". I'd be a bit surprised if they weren't consistent with their marketing. On the other hand the "STI" version is generating a certain amount of hubub so maybe I'm wrong and they will go with that name. We'll see.
    Like hell. We'll be the laughing stock of the world with a name like SPT. So inferior-sounding when compared to STi...Ah, STi...Has such a noble ring to it...