Ford Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ford Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I got bored last weekend so I went to Loman Subaru in my town, wanted to test-drive an ...

Ford Mustang GT

Hey all,
    I got bored last weekend so I went to Loman Subaru in my town, wanted to test-drive an STi. Parked my freshly washed/waxed 2004 WRB WRX right in front and went inside. Basically they said get some money, your mom, and come back. Great.
    Went next door to Loman Ford for some fun. Got to take out a 2003 Ford Mustang GT with 6000miles. Ive never appreciated Subaru more! No wonder american companies are losing sales to Japanese ones. The Mustang wasnt even fun... The sales man asked how i liked it. I said 'you want the truth?', so i told him.
    The shifter feels like mush,
    the pedals are squishy and hard to find,
    its 4.6L and my 2.0T is a whole lot faster,
    its got right-now torque but i was wondering when it would start ACCELERATING,
    the seats have a huge pocket of air right on my shoulder blades, a useless headrest,
    and i couldnt get comfortable,
    the car steered itself when i hit the throttle and really likes tracking on cracks and grooves.
    Yeah, SUBARU 4EVER!

Mustang...
    WRB 2004 Rex. COBB Stage2 + Loudness
    "Real drivers do it with three pedals."
    MODS...CARSTER

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try a 03/04 SVT Cobra.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Unless your WRX is modded, that GT accelerates faster. I ran 13.9@100 in my old 03 GT when it was showroom stock. I don't think you'll find any stock WRX (non-STi) do that.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

A car with turbo lag will sometimes feel faster because it's easier to notice the difference when the turbo spools up. A v-8 with a flat torque curve won't make any changes in how it pushes you into the seat from 2000 rpm up to 6000 rpm...

If you drove the 2005 Mustang GT, you might also have a different impression of the product.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.