bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid.......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not my Z in the vid.. A fellow my350z.com member. http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D 1st race-My Z vs STI with turbo back-20 mph ...

bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid.......

Not my Z in the vid.. A fellow my350z.com member.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

1st race-My Z vs STI with turbo back-20 mph roll
    2nd race-My Z vs STI from a 40mph roll
    3rd race-My modded Z vs Mantis' Stock Z-25mph roll
    4th race-My Z vs Mantis again-Mantis just hit it when he was ready from a 1st gear roll...

Z's mods-JWT pop-charger, Crawford plenum, test-pipes, Injen cat-back, UR crank pulley and a Technosquare ecu

STi- Turboback

so what do you guys think that Z traps at to pull the STi so hard?? Also what mph you think the Z would catch the STi if they went from a dig??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Link doesnt work !!.

Nice Lunker LM bass in your pics...where were they caught ?? florida ?
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

jjust save it and rename it to a .wmv, and what's with you girls and racing from a roll.

That z seems fast, but what's with the driver snaping his neck all around like a retard?

EX: at the 30 second mark

reminded me of a goose eating bread, or that chick at ideepthroat.com

Yo

[QUOTE=DIE DIE]Z's mods-JWT pop-charger, Crawford plenum, test-pipes, Injen cat-back, UR crank pulley and a Technosquare ecu

STi- TurbobackQUOTE]

1. What's a popcharger and plenum?
    2. What is the 350z's whp & ft/lbs?
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Once again, another slanted outcome...

Ok I know you people have been dying to get a run vs an STI on tape showing the true mad power your cars make, so lets's talk about this. MY350Z people have been whining about STI this and not being stock and we want to race stock. This was race was real cute seening it was one of your "Signature" rolling races so lets compare.....

STI 2004 - 230hp
    Untuned TBE (Catted Helix DP / Borla Hushback) + 20

Total HP - 250 whp

Your Nissan 350Z - 230-240 whp stock / with mods= ?
    Popcharger
    Intake Manifold (Plenum)
    Underdrive Pulley
    Test Pipes (no cats) / Cat back exhaust
    ECU reflash

Since I'm not a Z person I emailed a buddy who has one and had him look at these mods and he said " The Z on paper has more HP going to the wheels with these mods...end of story".

OK so with that aside it was nice of you guys to race an untuned STI with a catted TBE vs a well tuned Z without any cats.

I'm not going to cry but coming from the people "my350z.com" who always chant about racing stock vs stock or slighty modded......your friend is not "slightly modded" . Your friend however does have a quick, well tuned Z. The STI you chose did not have a chance especially from a ROLL (you know what I say 'bout them rolls).

Enjoy the run, I'm sure your website is happy that you beat an untuned STI.....from a roll .
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

I understand what you're saying techie and agree, maybe he had an advantage but at least they finally got some camera action. As much as I bust their balls over there you have to at least give them props for getting some video finally of some of this. Like I said in my post on their site, they got the W in round one......let's get some more of these friendly match ups on tape and see how it goes. I'm sure there will be some modded sti's that will even the score. Besides, I still want to see some stock vs stock before they make me a believer.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    reminded me of a goose eating bread, or that chick at ideepthroat.com
    I love that site.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    jjust save it and rename it to a .wmv, and what's with you girls and racing from a roll.
    What is your problem?
    Z33

I'm not impressesd with the Z. I'm sure with all those mod's the Z was pushing 270-280whp.
    -So the STi had a turbo back. The STi was still was basically stock.
    -350z is maxed out on power unless it goes turbo/supercharger.
    -Raise the boost on that STi and give it a good ECU tune. Kiss that Z good by

Now take the same car's and run from a dig. I bet you won't see any 350Z video's racing from a stop Why? because that Sti would have murdered it.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

[QUOTE=chuglobal]
    Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    Z's mods-JWT pop-charger, Crawford plenum, test-pipes, Injen cat-back, UR crank pulley and a Technosquare ecu

STi- TurbobackQUOTE]

1. What's a popcharger and plenum?
    2. What is the 350z's whp & ft/lbs?
    1.Popcharger=Cheap short ram intake.
    2.= Z had no more than 275whp with all those mods.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Not too fussy about the dual angled out exhaust on the Z.

Lol you guys, dont turn this fun afternoon we had into a damn flame war. First off, we didnt run from a stop because the driver of the STI didnt want to. He doesnt really like to launch it all that much, so we went from rolling starts. My car dyno'd 262 whp and 252 ft lbs SAE corrected on a dynojet with all those mods-on par with STI dyno's that I have seen for your cars stock, and it weighs in at a porky 3280. BTW, I trapped 104 mph with "only" 242 whp so maybe 105/106 now with what I have?? I dont know yet. This video wasnt made as the end all answer to the ongoing Z vs STI debate, just a fun afternoon with 3 Z owners and an STI owner that wanted some friendly runs lets keep it like that. If any of you guys in STI's are in MD, and would like a friendly run let me know.
    Lol codean, at the head moving comment-I shifted into 2nd and started moving around laughing and being silly cuz the passenger I had (the sti driver) was looking @ me like I was crazy for slamming the tranny like that.

If any of you guys in STI's are in MD, and would like a friendly run let me know.
    i want some action
    anyways nice kill for the Z! not bad
    Last edited by PE1820STI; 03-20-2005 at 09:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.