bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Silver04Sti Keep in mind that like I said, the power numbers are VERY dependent upon the "brand" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    Keep in mind that like I said, the power numbers are VERY dependent upon the "brand" and set up of the exhaust. Downpipe's come in different varieties and widths, some exhaust's don't yield that high a output. I remember seeing an article one time in Sport Compact Car where they evaluated a bunch of different exhaust's for the WRX and the whp outcome was pretty variable. In drdrome's case I don't think he had a full TBE did he? I doubt he was getting the increase you'd see with a TXS set up.
    Where is evolution, is it in nova? Maybe some of us could swing by there sat as well. How long will you guys be there?
    I dont know what brand he has, but he has a 3" DP with 1 high flow cat, and then a 3" cat-back I believe-so a 3" TB with HF cat. Ive never been to Evolution, its only about 10 minutes away from Tysons Corner if you know where that is. Im not going I already have plans, plus there is a 50% chance of rain on Saturday iirc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto
    No prob...are there any mildly modded STI's in MD on here that would like a friendly run?? I have only raced 2 STI's in my Z, the one in the video, and a "stock" looking one that was pretty quick. We would be even hitting it from 2nd, into 3rd I'd pull maybe 1/2 car and into 4th and 5th he would pull me, talk about all wheel drag-not on this particular STI, I wonder what it had done to pull me up top-I totally wasnt expecting it. BTW on 4wd dynojets what do STI's usually dyno stock and with TB? How much more will an ECU on the STI that I raced give him-30-40 whp?
    How far from Newark are you? I'm "lightly" modded...still got the stock turbo.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    I am in Vista which is right next to you . I don't have an STi yet but my friend does and he should be back in town in May because I believe he has a 2 week leave from the air force then. You might have even seen me around town. I drive a black mirage sedan and I have worn the same Misfits beanie for the past 6 or 7 years, most people remember me by the beanie. My beanie looks exactly like your pic there .
    send me a PM and we'll meetup sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    I remember seeing an article one time in Sport Compact Car where they evaluated a bunch of different exhaust's for the WRX and the whp outcome was pretty variable.

actually that was in turbo magazine. The outcomes of those should be taken somewhat lightly because the stock ecu was used. And you know how our ecu likes to change things based on a number of factors.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    How far from Newark are you? I'm "lightly" modded...still got the stock turbo.
    Newark PA? I have no clue, I never go to PA, been to Philly 1 X thats about 1 1/2 hours from me. Those numbers in your sig are impressive-especially the one with just a cat-back-that alone is more power than me with all my mods.

I Support ClubWRX
    hehe..nah...newark DE. How long to Philly once you get on 95 for you? I'm in SE PA, about 7 miles from the MD and DE borders. Ever run at Cecil? oh..and thanks for the HP compliments. Dynojet, so it is what it is. No times yet on new setup.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I dont know what brand he has, but he has a 3" DP with 1 high flow cat, and then a 3" cat-back I believe-so a 3" TB with HF cat. Ive never been to Evolution, its only about 10 minutes away from Tysons Corner if you know where that is. Im not going I already have plans, plus there is a 50% chance of rain on Saturday iirc.
    yea, tysons is about 15 mins from me....so there is a huge z fest this weekend there? If it doesn't rain maybe I can swing by with the video cam and start up round 2 of this experiment.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    actually that was in turbo magazine. The outcomes of those should be taken somewhat lightly because the stock ecu was used. And you know how our ecu likes to change things based on a number of factors.
    I guess what I was trying to tell him is the 27.8whp was dyno'ed at TXS but there are variations among different brands, dimensions, etc. Make sense? I know what you're saying and emailed TXS to see what they say about a utec/tbe on the sti. I know its 59whp a regular wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    hehe..nah...newark DE. How long to Philly once you get on 95 for you? I'm in SE PA, about 7 miles from the MD and DE borders. Ever run at Cecil? oh..and thanks for the HP compliments. Dynojet, so it is what it is. No times yet on new setup.
    I get on 95 in about 10 minutes, so 1 hour 20 minutes to Philly. LOl about Newark I had no idea where that is I just assumed it was in PA I noticed you were from there. Cecil county is the track up 95N exit 100 Rising sun right?? If so Ive been there a 2X I think, its kinda far from me-1 hour with no traffic but say on a Friday test and tune its much longer cuz I get stuck in 95 traffic.

yea, tysons is about 15 mins from me....so there is a huge z fest this weekend there? If it doesn't rain maybe I can swing by with the video cam and start up round 2 of this experiment.
    Yeah im pretty sure its @ Evolution-grab a camera, hea dup and go bust up on some Z's, Id love to see more video.

Yeah im pretty sure its @ Evolution-grab a camera, hea dup and go bust up on some Z's, Id love to see more video.
    Cool, I'm gonna try to check it out but if they pull on me like you did on dd then I don't know about "busting up on" anything..lol....but I am anxious to see how I do.

I keep the cam in the car now :-)

I Support ClubWRX
    I get on 95 in about 10 minutes, so 1 hour 20 minutes to Philly. LOl about Newark I had no idea where that is I just assumed it was in PA I noticed you were from there. Cecil county is the track up 95N exit 100 Rising sun right?? If so Ive been there a 2X I think, its kinda far from me-1 hour with no traffic but say on a Friday test and tune its much longer cuz I get stuck in 95 traffic.

Philly is about 45 min from Cecil county dragway on 95, so you should be a lot closer to that track, but then I understand about traffic on 95. Hmmmm...I just checked their website and it says "account temporarily suspended". Wonder if they've got money problems? Was going to check them out tonight..if the weather holds out. I need to find out my new times!! Oh well. This august, we are helping to organize the Newark 2nd annual Cruise In. Expecting over 500 vehicles. Gonna have discounts for all the restaurants in town, a portable dyno, and an autox setup. Whole town council including mayor and chief of police are involved. Maybe your crew can come up for that. I'll be posting the details on this site and my350z.com when everything is finalized. Until then...well...guess I'll just have to settle for anonymous z's
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I only read the first two pages before getting sick of the whining and "well if's....."

Nice runs and sweet cars!!

-'04 STi owner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.