bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRT THIS Now, are they're any moded Z's in SoCal that would do a Friendly race with ...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Now, are they're any moded Z's in SoCal that would do a Friendly race with and Cool SRT owner??? I still haven't had any competition from one...
    Yeah where in socal are you??? I'm in San Marcos.....Can be in temecula on weekends tho too...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

strong Z... i dont care for the exhaust note though. too raspy... thats why im gonna keep my VQ35 well muffled.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

i agree /\ the z's exhaust sounded like crap, but hell who needs sound when it makes the car go fast.
    09 STI

Good races and good camera work. STI lost by a fair margin, no excuses. The Z pulled pretty good. I'm still holding out for some good old STOCK vs STOCK races. The STI looked good even though it was in the rear view. I gotta say though, that exhaust on the Z didn't fit the cars looks and didn't sound sporty at all.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Run

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    Yeah where in socal are you??? I'm in San Marcos.....Can be in temecula on weekends tho too...
    Temecula is about 40 mins from me, we can set something up if ya want? I like Z's, but most of the ones I've ran are Cocky, I give the thumbs up and they just give the F u look
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    I am in Vista which is right next to you . I don't have an STi yet but my friend does and he should be back in town in May because I believe he has a 2 week leave from the air force then. You might have even seen me around town. I drive a black mirage sedan and I have worn the same Misfits beanie for the past 6 or 7 years, most people remember me by the beanie. My beanie looks exactly like your pic there .
    Last edited by TheReaper; 03-22-2005 at 04:31 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Maybe I'm just old but rolling starts of any kind just isn't a race to me. I'm new here and new to tuner cars but in my IROC I always raced someone from the dig. And to tell you the truth the IROC was at a disadvantage in most races cause of it. I mean if I raced a 350z or a STi from a roll I would smoke both. But from a dead stop it would be a fun race.

Sorry but this video just reminds me of the SupraTT vs Busa videos.. Just lame to race from the roll.

Personally I love both cars and own neither. Well thats my 2c.

And to the 350z owner I understand he didn't want to run from the stop. Not knocking you or your car just the idea of rolling runs.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Maybe I'm just old but rolling starts of any kind just isn't a race to me. I'm new here and new to tuner cars but in my IROC I always raced someone from the dig. And to tell you the truth the IROC was at a disadvantage in most races cause of it. I mean if I raced a 350z or a STi from a roll I would smoke both. But from a dead stop it would be a fun race.

Sorry but this video just reminds me of the SupraTT vs Busa videos.. Just lame to race from the roll.

Personally I love both cars and own neither. Well thats my 2c.

And to the 350z owner I understand he didn't want to run from the stop. Not knocking you or your car just the idea of rolling runs.
    A rolling race is just another type of race. To me, its a good measure of how strong a car is on the top end. Also, there isn't always a stop light around, so you just have to deal with whats dealt to you.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Rolling starts have their place. It's easier to rule out launching mistakes(Tire spinning, bogging, extra shifting). I think it's a good way to test another angle of the car's performance and rules out some driver error. Even from a roll you still have to make sure you are in the right gear at the right rpm, and shift accordingly. From a stop it's more of the driver, from a roll it's more of the car(Unless of course you miss a shift

It gets a little old when some people say the STI is weak from a roll. In a more recent test of an 05 STI in Car & Driver or Motor Trend, It pulled a 13.3 at 103xx mph and wasn't fully broken in yet and that is not the best time I've seen. Last time I checked a 103 trap speed is still fairly quick. Hell, the Supra TT when it was in production did it in 13.5@106-107xx, so considering the Supra is a top end machine, that time is impressive.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR

No prob...are there any mildly modded STI's in MD on here that would like a friendly run?? I have only raced 2 STI's in my Z, the one in the video, and a "stock" looking one that was pretty quick. We would be even hitting it from 2nd, into 3rd I'd pull maybe 1/2 car and into 4th and 5th he would pull me, talk about all wheel drag-not on this particular STI, I wonder what it had done to pull me up top-I totally wasnt expecting it. BTW on 4wd dynojets what do STI's usually dyno stock and with TB? How much more will an ECU on the STI that I raced give him-30-40 whp?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto
    No prob...are there any mildly modded STI's in MD on here that would like a friendly run?? I have only raced 2 STI's in my Z, the one in the video, and a "stock" looking one that was pretty quick. We would be even hitting it from 2nd, into 3rd I'd pull maybe 1/2 car and into 4th and 5th he would pull me, talk about all wheel drag-not on this particular STI, I wonder what it had done to pull me up top-I totally wasnt expecting it. BTW on 4wd dynojets what do STI's usually dyno stock and with TB? How much more will an ECU on the STI that I raced give him-30-40 whp?
    I know there's a guy named seiver (I think that's the spelling) on here from Manassas that has a good set up on his sti. I'm sure you can find some modded one's. Different set ups yield different results but I think that the TXS TBE and UTEC claims 59.4 whp increase (at least that were the numbers when I had my wrx). Not sure if the sti version gives more power or not. I know the exhaust is the same set up and supposedly yields something like 24 or 26whp increase. They say the utec alone gives you 35whp so when drdrome adds that to his car it will be interesting to see what happens.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    I know there's a guy named seiver (I think that's the spelling) on here from Manassas that has a good set up on his sti. I'm sure you can find some modded one's. Different set ups yield different results but I think that the TXS TBE and UTEC claims 59.4 whp increase (at least that were the numbers when I had my wrx). Not sure if the sti version gives more power or not. I know the exhaust is the same set up and supposedly yields something like 24 or 26whp increase. They say the utec alone gives you 35whp so when drdrome adds that to his car it will be interesting to see what happens.
    actually, I am wrong about the sti exhaust, I was just on TXS site and they claim a 27.8whp increase from the sti exhaust. I could not find a plot of TBE/UTEC on an sti on the site.

MACH V this Sat

Hey Alberto, I was just reading on NASIOC about an open house at MachV motorsports in NOVA this Sat. Should be a TON of sti's/wrx's coming from all over. There are even some links in the regional forum from guys driving over from MD together. Here's the MD link:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729242

Here's a link about the event in general.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723173

Here's the regional forum where this is in where there are a ton of other groups from other places going:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

It's all in the mid-atlantic regional forum. I'm gonna go and bring a buddy. Why don't you talk to Integrity and any of the other z guys that might be interested. I'm sure you'll find a modded sti there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    Hey Alberto, I was just reading on NASIOC about an open house at MachV motorsports in NOVA this Sat. Should be a TON of sti's/wrx's coming from all over. There are even some links in the regional forum from guys driving over from MD together. Here's the MD link:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729242

Here's a link about the event in general.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723173

Here's the regional forum where this is in where there are a ton of other groups from other places going:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

It's all in the mid-atlantic regional forum. I'm gonna go and bring a buddy. Why don't you talk to Integrity and any of the other z guys that might be interested. I'm sure you'll find a modded sti there.
    Ill run it by some Z owners, unfortunately I already have plans for this weekend. Im 99% sure that this Saturday there is a large Z meet in VA @ Evolution, so most will likely be there anyways.

So let me get this straight a TB on an STI will yield around 27whp increase?? That is more than I expected, and if true, that TB on Domes car makes more power than all my n/a mods put together. Where is the guy that said this was an unfair race because I have more mods now? I thought the match up was good.

Ill run it by some Z owners, unfortunately I already have plans for this weekend. Im 99% sure that this Saturday there is a large Z meet in VA @ Evolution, so most will likely be there anyways.

So let me get this straight a TB on an STI will yield around 27whp increase?? That is more than I expected, and if true, that TB on Domes car makes more power than all my n/a mods put together. Where is the guy that said this was an unfair race because I have more mods now? I thought the match up was good.
    Keep in mind that like I said, the power numbers are VERY dependent upon the "brand" and set up of the exhaust. Downpipe's come in different varieties and widths, some exhaust's don't yield that high a output. I remember seeing an article one time in Sport Compact Car where they evaluated a bunch of different exhaust's for the WRX and the whp outcome was pretty variable. In drdrome's case I don't think he had a full TBE did he? I doubt he was getting the increase you'd see with a TXS set up.
    Where is evolution, is it in nova? Maybe some of us could swing by there sat as well. How long will you guys be there?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast