bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by chuglobal 1. I would think a 350z would put way more than 262/252 with all those bolt ...

Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    1. I would think a 350z would put way more than 262/252 with all those bolt ons. I'm putting 254/265 stock on the STI w/ SEA corrections. The 350z also weights almost 200lbs+ than a STI.

2. Nice video. I think either the 350z in the video is putting way more hp than expressed or the STI driver can't drive. I pulled on a stock 350z in my 2002 WRX w/ up, dp, cb, and UTEC untuned putting 218/213 from rolls.

3. I think racing from a roll shows hp as both cars are on the same plane. I figure if I can take a car from a roll than launching will not be a problem.

4. The more I read about this dicussion, the more I think I need to run a friend in my YA HG. He has a stock 350z and I'm stock. I think this would eliminate the stock vs. stock debate. We just haven't had a chance to get the videos.

The sti driving seems fine on the video.
    And about your modded wrx beating on 350z on rolls? Ive beaten 2-3 stage 2 wrx's on the interstate.
    You only raced one Z, and that driver obviously couldnt drive well, since you beat him.
    Z33

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice vid. Good kill. FWIW, the neck snapping that was commented on appeared to me to be the guy leaning forward to jam the gears...the seat was probably to far back for quick shifting
    Yeah, my seat is far back, I hit 3rd gear better that way, plus I was excited and just throwing my body into the shifts-I've always done that. Leave it up to the guys on here to critique that also, lol. Ive been to Cecil 1 X, if I ever plan on going up again, Ill let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by nis350ztt
    Like I said in other post, i'm a moderator. I'm not seeing any crap talking. Other than them laughing at some of the STi owners that posted in this thread that mostly sounded like they were butt-hurt. It's common sense that Z would beat that STi. Like I also said in another post, I want to see a stock STi vs. stock Z, from rolls and from a dig.
    Yeah I went and posted over in the my350z thread. I was really impressed with the lack of gloating there.

I'm just amazed that with all those mods he is only making 20whp more. Personally, I still think it is more or at least a decent change in the powerband as a whole. Now, the higher redline helps but still, I wouldn't have expected to see that much of a difference, especially against a STi with a TBE (tuned or not.)

I think the thing people are missing here is that:

There are two other videos of the STi racing a stock Z and they were dead even for the most part. Too bad the runs were cut short due to the traffic. Either way, those two videos go to show you the Z and STi are fairly evenly matched, depending on the starting speed.

Heck, in the main video, the modified Z with +20whp ripped the other stock Z a new one too!
    2005 Aspen White STi

I can run faster then a 350z
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    I can run faster then a 350z
    I would hope so...
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Yeah I went and posted over in the my350z thread. I was really impressed with the lack of gloating there.

I'm just amazed that with all those mods he is only making 20whp more. Personally, I still think it is more or at least a decent change in the powerband as a whole. Now, the higher redline helps but still, I wouldn't have expected to see that much of a difference, especially against a STi with a TBE (tuned or not.)

I think the thing people are missing here is that:

There are two other videos of the STi racing a stock Z and they were dead even for the most part. Too bad the runs were cut short due to the traffic. Either way, those two videos go to show you the Z and STi are fairly evenly matched, depending on the starting speed.

Heck, in the main video, the modified Z with +20whp ripped the other stock Z a new one too!
    That is true, and not to belittle the videos, but the 2 times I've ran into a z on the highway resulted in me pulling away when I was stock. So different cars, different experiences. As I said before though, good video, good kills.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Guys I am surprised too. I have a Z and have seen first hand how hard it is to squeeze power from mods while keeping the car N/A. Different story with FI.
    I know a lot of other Z guys too and the story is the same. He did seem to pull a lot on the stock Z too.
    It gets more interesting with the stock Z. I'd expect the STI (modded) to walk away. So WTH ?

and the beat goes on......

For once and for all.....the Z won the race! Holy **** enough with this thread.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

wow...sorry I posted this here.. Please don't flame the owner of the Z (alberto) cause he didn't even post this here.. I did, basically to see what you guys thought.. nothing more..

BTW- I recently made a new friend with a stage 1 STi, and should have some vids of me running him shortly..<--yes we will try to do stop and roll

nice runs guys,

as far as the flame war that errupted, I think it was totally unecessary, but hopefully we can all learn from this in future. Sad to see a thread take a direction like this especially on clubwrx
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    wow...sorry I posted this here.. Please don't flame the owner of the Z (alberto) cause he didn't even post this here.. I did, basically to see what you guys thought.. nothing more..

BTW- I recently made a new friend with a stage 1 STi, and should have some vids of me running him shortly..<--yes we will try to do stop and roll
    If you want to make it really interesting, do some rolls from the STi's strong points (obviously do some from the Zs too ). 1st, 2nd, and 3rd starting at 3.5k-4k rpm.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Wow

Great Race and props to the Z owner. Any car can be faster then any other with the proper mods and and the loser will come back with more mods to beat the car it lost to and so on. Lets just give props to the winners, thats what car enthusiast do right???

Now, are they're any moded Z's in SoCal that would do a Friendly race with and Cool SRT owner??? I still haven't had any competition from one...
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

If you guys like I can find the video I have of a wrx (non sti) pulling on a z from a dig going onto a freeway. I mean he pulled hard even while rolling he was pulling hard. If I find it someone has to host it though. Oh and some might not like how they raced because there was some traffic that the wrx had to go around but it is from a dig an it's a bug eye!!!! haha.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 03-21-2005 at 12:47 AM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I am biased highly towards the STI... but gotta give the Z owner props. Nice kill man. No need to flame cause that Z would eat me for breakfast anyways.

maybe i missed it but can you post the other vids of the stock for stock races?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast