bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH Is signing up on another site with the intention of doing nothing more than stirring up ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Is signing up on another site with the intention of doing nothing more than stirring up trouble your idea of mature?

It's the same pointless argument that's been had time and time again here, and on my350z.com. Nothing new.

As for the race, congrats on your kill. Now please take the rest of the trolls and go back to your site.
    Im not on here starting trouble, I came on here to state dyno numbers to answer some questions that were asked concerning my mods, and to answer anything anybody might want to know about my car. Your just a typical internet tough guy telling me to leave, you'd never say anything to me in person I never personally attacked anybody, or flamed anybody, if me saying some of you guys are immature pisses you off, then you prove my point.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto
    Im not on here starting trouble, I came on here to state dyno numbers to answer some questions that were asked concerning my mods, and to answer anything anybody might want to know about my car. Your just a typical internet tough guy telling me to leave, you'd never say anything to me in person I never personally attacked anybody, or flamed anybody, if me saying some of you guys are immature pisses you off, then you prove my point.
    You've got that right I am an internet tough guy, ask any of the chicago z guys that used to show up to the subaru meets that know me and they'll surely agree with you. You don't know me so shut your mouth on that topic, you're just making yourself look like more of an ignorant fool than a troll.

I'm not upset that you've called anyone immature, I'm upset that you and the rest of the fanboys feel the need to come overe here and argue with people. All you're doing is beating a dead horse that's long been dead, and has been beaten millions of times thus far.

What an over actor in the 350. In the vid he looks like he's got a 900 whp supra or something. How much wtq do you put out maybe 280. Try not to snap your neck next time Good vid nonetheless.
    04' STI/04' Infinity FX35 Stock for now

Humm

1. I would think a 350z would put way more than 262/252 with all those bolt ons. I'm putting 254/265 stock on the STI w/ SEA corrections. The 350z also weights almost 200lbs+ than a STI.

2. Nice video. I think either the 350z in the video is putting way more hp than expressed or the STI driver can't drive. I pulled on a stock 350z in my 2002 WRX w/ up, dp, cb, and UTEC untuned putting 218/213 from rolls.

3. I think racing from a roll shows hp as both cars are on the same plane. I figure if I can take a car from a roll than launching will not be a problem.

4. The more I read about this dicussion, the more I think I need to run a friend in my YA HG. He has a stock 350z and I'm stock. I think this would eliminate the stock vs. stock debate. We just haven't had a chance to get the videos.
    Last edited by chuglobal; 03-20-2005 at 03:04 PM.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I am truly ashamed to be part of the wrx community today.

The wrx/STi owners are being completely ridiculous here. This on going debate between Z and STi has been around forever. All this guy did was post a vid of 2 cars racing and made no claims of that demonstrating which car was faster stock vs stock. The guy just posted a vid of a friendly race and from the 2nd post of this thread all that has been going on is excuses and immature banter.

Sorry that subaru had its pride hurt today, but move the hell on. You guys are acting like a bunch of 5 year olds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

what the hell kind of retarted crap is this. i dont know if its just me or you guys have your board backwards im going back to the normal boards. good bye

hammad

Put me down as dissapointed that you didn't stick around.

Pretty funny to hear all this after all of the crap you guys flamed my way when I simply discussed this topic!

I have to say I am a little surprised to see the results. The mods on that Z wouldn't add up to a whole lot over a stock Z and I'd expect the STI to do better. I'm really not sure what to make of the video except that i wouldn't lose sleep over it (if I were an STI owner).
    I'm sure that someone on this board can come up with a similar "counter-video" showing an STI coming out on top.

But I do stand by my initial statement that the two cars are very close when you remove the AWD advantage from a dig, making it a driver race. That said, I'd expect the STI to come out on top stock for stock.

Glad to see some of you consider your responses though. Still hoping to test drive an STI soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am truly ashamed to be part of the wrx community today.

The wrx/STi owners are being completely ridiculous here. This on going debate between Z and STi has been around forever. All this guy did was post a vid of 2 cars racing and made no claims of that demonstrating which car was faster stock vs stock. The guy just posted a vid of a friendly race and from the 2nd post of this thread all that has been going on is excuses and immature banter.

Sorry that subaru had its pride hurt today, but move the hell on. You guys are acting like a bunch of 5 year olds.
    Unfortunately it happens everywhere. I posted a video of me racing an S2000 with similar results, and the guys on the s2ki boards made nothing but excuses, and flamed me. After several challenges to any n/a S2K in the MD/VA area nobody showed up. Like I said earlier, any STI's that think it would be a good race against me want a friendly run just let me know, Id love to see a more modded STI run in person. What would an STI gain with a TB exhaust w/hi flow cat? I gained 23 whp with all of my mods-the Z's are kinda hard to get power out of n/a, although no where as bad as say an E46 M3 or S2K.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Ok I know you people have been dying to get a run vs an STI on tape showing the true mad power your cars make, so lets's talk about this. MY350Z people have been whining about STI this and not being stock and we want to race stock. This was race was real cute seening it was one of your "Signature" rolling races so lets compare.....

STI 2004 - 230hp
    Untuned TBE (Catted Helix DP / Borla Hushback) + 20

Total HP - 250 whp

Your Nissan 350Z - 230-240 whp stock / with mods= ?
    Popcharger
    Intake Manifold (Plenum)
    Underdrive Pulley
    Test Pipes (no cats) / Cat back exhaust
    ECU reflash

Since I'm not a Z person I emailed a buddy who has one and had him look at these mods and he said " The Z on paper has more HP going to the wheels with these mods...end of story".

OK so with that aside it was nice of you guys to race an untuned STI with a catted TBE vs a well tuned Z without any cats.

I'm not going to cry but coming from the people "my350z.com" who always chant about racing stock vs stock or slighty modded......your friend is not "slightly modded" . Your friend however does have a quick, well tuned Z. The STI you chose did not have a chance especially from a ROLL (you know what I say 'bout them rolls).

Enjoy the run, I'm sure your website is happy that you beat an untuned STI.....from a roll .
    I agree about the nearly stock STi vs. a heavily modded (and yes, it has almost everything most everyone does N/A before getting cams) Z being unfair. But, they got a video of a stock Z vs. that STi, i'm not sure if they ever got the link to the video right though.

[QUOTE=TurboWill]
    Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal

1.Popcharger=Cheap short ram intake.
    2.= Z had no more than 275whp with all those mods.
    Popcharger is just an intake filter from JWT with a heat shield. Best bang-for-the-buck intake mod for the Z. (the CAI gains over JWT is not marginal enough to justify $150+ more)

Close, probably more like 255rwhp - 270rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by nis350ztt
    I agree about the nearly stock STi vs. a heavily modded (and yes, it has almost everything most everyone does N/A before getting cams) Z being unfair. But, they got a video of a stock Z vs. that STi, i'm not sure if they ever got the link to the video right though.
    His mods add up to about 20hp. I wouldn't get upset over them. The PopCharger does NOTHING and costs $109.
    The STI had some mods too what kind of HP can you expect from them ?

I'm pretty sure all those links work. Looks like the run with the stock Z was cut short by traffic.

I would've raced you the if I lived in your area.

I would've jumped at the chance quite honestly to go for a run, but I'm not going from a roll.
    I've owned many cars in my life from a Grand National right down to a 2003 Mustang GT. Any race that had any meaning or money on it was always done from heads up launch at a light or someone flagging us. I raced a '95 Talon AWD with some nice work with my modded 03 GT. He had AWD and I knew this, but this was about skill. Light turned green and his launch was great and pulled on me about 1.5 cars and my launch was quite good. I knew had to launch my car and not break the tires loose which was quite ez with 3.73s in the rear. I caught him and beat him, but not by much. It was a good, fair, heads up race from a dig. No BS, no I'll race you from a roll, just hey you won.

The bottom line, it honestly takes 0 skill from a roll. What skill is involved when a person says "go" and you just put your foot down. It then becomes an issue of gearing and not HP....and even worse if you have an auto. If you wanted to race me, it would've been a fair heads up race from a dig.

Honestly I've raced plenty of people over the years for bragging rights and $$$, none were ever from a roll.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by 350zboy
    His mods add up to about 20hp. I wouldn't get upset over them. The PopCharger does NOTHING and costs $109.
    The STI had some mods too what kind of HP can you expect from them ?

I'm pretty sure all those links work. Looks like the run with the stock Z was cut short by traffic.
    The popcharger does nothing? Wrong there, it gains about 3rwhp. Not a whole lot, agreed.

I can't seem to find the link of the stock Z...

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    First off I will say nice kill to the Z owner

The part that i dont understand is why is everyone on the Z forums making a big deal out of this?? What would happen if i put my STi with some basic bolt ons (utec, turboback, intake) and race a Z with boltons???? I'll tell you what will happen....... <--Zowners face. Anyway just wait 2 more weeks and me and another member of this board may have some videos for you guys entitled "Z Hunters "
    I'm a moderator over at my350z, when you get the video, post it over there in the "Racing" section and under "Street". I'll be glad to moderate it. I have no problem with any other cars, we all have a love to mod our cars. :thumbsup:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.