bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DIE DIE Who the F is flaunting anything bro?? NOBODY! Don't jump into a thread and post ...

Quote Originally Posted by DIE DIE
    Who the F is flaunting anything bro?? NOBODY! Don't jump into a thread and post some BS based off the title or the vid.. READ the whole thread or keep your 2 cents out of it!!!

BTW- The Z's mods cost about....

$100 popcharger
    $150 testpipes
    $100 pulley
    $350 plenum
    $700 exhaust
    $500 ECU

the STi had

TBE $? did someone say $1000??
    DP $???
    Hi flows$???
    filter $??

not sooo far off now are we??
    DP would be part of the turboback exhaust. I picked mine up for 750.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over this? I thought the video was fantastic and shows what a nicely modded Z can do. I haven't been to my350z yet, but I hope they know that this isn't a stock Z beating a stock STi. Is there a lot of ****-talking going on over there?

The only points I want to make are:

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
    A turbo car with DP and exhaust is basically stock?? That's AT LEAST 20whp (probably more like 30whp) over stock. I don't know what your definition of "basically stock" is...but mine wouldn't include at least 20 extra whp. Hell...the Z hardly has more that 20 extra whp over stock with his mods.
    No way. An untuned TBE will not give you 20whp. A Cobb Stg 2 package which includes a TBE and reflash and makes +39whp. I think someone over at ImprezaWrxSTi dynoed with just a TBE and got a 10-15whp increase, untuned. Lastly, that sounds fishy that a 350Z with those mods would only put down an extra 20whp.

Also, it looked like that STi was running some 18s which might slow it down a bit. Definitely not enough to matter in this case.

--------------------------

It's about time we got some really nice vids, in daylight too. Got to give it to the guys who set this up, it was about time. Out of curiosity though, why did that white 350Z not run the STi? Wasn't that Z closer to stock? I think that would have been a better run.

Either way, nice runs guys. Great sounding Z too.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I don't make any sense......

"Take away the awd and you take away the adavatage"???? That makes perfect sense, kind of like me saying switch the gears out of a 350 and he won't be a roll on queen anymore.

Once again if you can't go from a dig and you need your slicks to "even the odds"....

Once again I don't make sense.....let me seeeeeee

-13.6 on stock tires....SO....keep those tires on if your such a talented driver. I have snow tires on my car and I can break them loose from a launch. I won't be reaching for Nittos anytime soon...so why should you?

Also for this case being "subjective" you can base you comments on that, I'll take the facts over "subjectiveness". A "properly" driven STI will go 13.30 and better in stock form and as you stated a "properly" driven Z will pull 13.60 on a good day. Numbers don't lie.

Also while on the "subject", Turbowill is 110% correct about the STI being slightly modded. The car is not even a Stg1 which would include the much needed ECU reflash. This Z that ran was very well tuned which was not the case for the STI.

"Yea...I'll run my slicks..and I'll also run both the turbos that are going in my car in two weeks. How does that sound to you?"-BriGuyMax

How does that sound to me......sounds like you're just another guy who couldn't cut it with the way his car came from the factory.

Makes perfect sense to me.
    Last edited by Techie; 03-20-2005 at 11:49 AM.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Also, I just wanted to add that the modded Z put pretty much the same number of cars on the stock Z as it did on the STi. Why didn't the stock Z race the STi?
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Ok I know you people have been dying to get a run vs an STI on tape showing the true mad power your cars make, so lets's talk about this. MY350Z people have been whining about STI this and not being stock and we want to race stock. This was race was real cute seening it was one of your "Signature" rolling races so lets compare.....

STI 2004 - 230hp
    Untuned TBE (Catted Helix DP / Borla Hushback) + 20

Total HP - 250 whp

Your Nissan 350Z - 230-240 whp stock / with mods= ?
    Popcharger
    Intake Manifold (Plenum)
    Underdrive Pulley
    Test Pipes (no cats) / Cat back exhaust
    ECU reflash

Since I'm not a Z person I emailed a buddy who has one and had him look at these mods and he said " The Z on paper has more HP going to the wheels with these mods...end of story".

OK so with that aside it was nice of you guys to race an untuned STI with a catted TBE vs a well tuned Z without any cats.

I'm not going to cry but coming from the people "my350z.com" who always chant about racing stock vs stock or slighty modded......your friend is not "slightly modded" . Your friend however does have a quick, well tuned Z. The STI you chose did not have a chance especially from a ROLL (you know what I say 'bout them rolls).

Enjoy the run, I'm sure your website is happy that you beat an untuned STI.....from a roll .
    In the previous Sti vs Z thread, STi owners were saying that they dyno in at about 235-240whp. Now you're saying 230?? Z's dyno in at about 235whp. All in all, both cars are pretty much identical in the whp department.

The Z is pushing more HP with its mods?? You are wrong. With those mods, the Z will be lucky to get a 30whp gain. For sake of discussion, lets say the Z did get 30whp from these mods and the STi got its 20awhp from the TBE. Seems to me that both cars are pretty close to the same in terms of "whp gained from mods". Also what do you mean by " a well tuned Z"?? Why would you say its well tuned?? Technosquare ecu flash is identical to what Cobb does. You send in your ECU and they flash in a conservative map for your mods.

Whats the fuss about racing from a roll?? A race is a race. Both agreed to it. In fact, the STi was the one who wanted to race from a roll. The only issue with racing from a roll is getting both cars to punch it at the same exact time. When people start complaining about racing from a roll, it seems like they're just making an excuse for losing.

Its fine that you have your opinion on the matter, but when you start insulting and flaming you just make yourself look like an a$$. I love both cars and instead of being biased towards one, i look at the stats and the visual proof. Maybe you should do the same.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    How does that sound to me......sounds like you're just another guy who couldn't cut it with the way his car came from the factory.

Makes perfect sense to me.
    Don't people also mod STi's and wrx's???

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Also, I just wanted to add that the modded Z put pretty much the same number of cars on the stock Z as it did on the STi. Why didn't the stock Z race the STi?
    it did.. it was dead even

I don't think anyones trying to argue that a stock STi will beat a stock Z every time from a dig with equal drivers..As I said before.. Just trying to show you guys that Z's aren't quite the pigs you make them out to be
    Last edited by DIE DIE; 03-20-2005 at 11:57 AM.

I don't think anyones trying to argue that a stock STi will beat a stock Z every time from a dig with equal drivers..As I said before.. Just trying to show you guys that Z's aren't quite the pigs you make them out to be
    I saw the vid. I was suprised how close the races were. Good stuff!

Who the F is flaunting anything bro?? NOBODY! Don't jump into a thread and post some BS based off the title or the vid.. READ the whole thread or keep your 2 cents out of it!!!

BTW- The Z's mods cost about....

$100 popcharger
    $150 testpipes
    $100 pulley
    $350 plenum
    $700 exhaust
    $500 ECU

the STi had

TBE $? did someone say $1000??
    DP $???
    Hi flows$???
    filter $??

not sooo far off now are we??

well, if u add the cost of installation....

I never thought the Z was a pig. By the way, did you guys get that dead even race on video?
    2005 Aspen White STi

Let's try to make to peace and I'll start....

I will be the first to try and stop this flame since this is going to accomplish nothing but more hard feelings and ill will towards each other. Shouldn't be like this since we are all in this for having fun so with that.....

1. I do take back the **** flinging I threw in large quantites...let's leave it at that.

2. With all honestly, the videos were quite good and of real high quality...(good job)

3. In all fairness, I do feel a couple of runs from a dig would quell the powers that be in this long running feud. It is quite obvious that a 350Z WILL go faster from a roll due to the better gearing and streamlined bodylines. Facts are facts...no bending the truth there.

4. The STI lost...that was that. A downpipe and catback without the ecu reflash causes the car to do things like fuel cut, boost creep, pulled timing....a reflash is really needed.

5. The Z in the race was quite fast...no doubting that. We must also take into consideration that with a Z from a roll, you step on the gas and you have torque and power right there along with good gearing. With any turbo car you get lag, lots of it with bigger turbos. I've had the same issue myself againts SRT-4s and with a larger turbo that I have, fooling around from a roll really needs a "top end" turbo that will make up for that lag of power.

6. I do think it would be nice if we could have a "friendly" meet here on the Island in NY between WRX/STI and 350Z people so we could see first hand for each other what the cars can do in real world conditions (dig and roll).

With that I will not be the one toss anymore **** at the 350Z guys and would actually like to have a ride in one to see what it feels like at speed. I would have no problem giving someone a ride in my Stg4 with my 3rd and largest turbo going in about 3 weeks.

I'm not ending this pissing match becuase "I'm outgunned or pussin out" becuase we can go back and forth all night. I just feel these boards should be places of exchange and not places of e-wars.

(In the godfather voice)...."I will not be the one to break the peace"

Let's see where we go from here with this........
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    well, if u add the cost of installation....
    I have installed every part on my car, including everything on my mods list, my suspension ect, so if you really want to go there---> Install cost = $0

The extremes some of you guys go to to put down a Z is immature, and kinda shocking to see coming from a group of STI owners(not some Civic ricers). Who cares how much I spent on mods? You guys are justifying the loss because I spent more money? I could buy an 20K SRT-4 and spend next to nothing and kill my Z and your STI's whats the point, Id still be driving a Neon right Some of you guys are so lame, you have to resort to saying stuff like "its not from a stop!" or "he spent more $$ on mods" - one more time for you people that cant read-HE, meaning the STI owner wanted to race from a roll, so dont run your mouths about the fact we didnt run from a stop. There was one race where the silver stock Z raced the STI from a stop-and you know what, the Sti bogged off the line and the Z won-the vid will be up later on the Z boards. Now I guarantee all you haters will say 1 thing-"the guy in the Sti cant drive, he shoulda killed the Z from a stop, ect, ect" --Well guys thats street racing for you, anything can happen, come back into reality, not all Sti owners can nail 1.7 60ft's on the track or nail a great launch on the street, including some of you acting like your unbeatable. The meeting was fun, I always enjoy meeting up with nice car enthusiasts, just leave it at that, dont lose too much sleep over the vid or the results.

Is signing up on another site with the intention of doing nothing more than stirring up trouble your idea of mature?

It's the same pointless argument that's been had time and time again here, and on my350z.com. Nothing new.

As for the race, congrats on your kill. Now please take the rest of the trolls and go back to your site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto
    I have installed every part on my car, including everything on my mods list, my suspension ect, so if you really want to go there---> Install cost = $0

The extremes some of you guys go to to put down a Z is immature, and kinda shocking to see coming from a group of STI owners(not some Civic ricers). Who cares how much I spent on mods? You guys are justifying the loss because I spent more money? I could buy an 20K SRT-4 and spend next to nothing and kill my Z and your STI's whats the point, Id still be driving a Neon right Some of you guys are so lame, you have to resort to saying stuff like "its not from a stop!" or "he spent more $$ on mods" - one more time for you people that cant read-HE, meaning the STI owner wanted to race from a roll, so dont run your mouths about the fact we didnt run from a stop. There was one race where the silver stock Z raced the STI from a stop-and you know what, the Sti bogged off the line and the Z won-the vid will be up later on the Z boards. Now I guarantee all you haters will say 1 thing-"the guy in the Sti cant drive, he shoulda killed the Z from a stop, ect, ect" --Well guys thats street racing for you, anything can happen, come back into reality, not all Sti owners can nail 1.7 60ft's on the track or nail a great launch on the street, including some of you acting like your unbeatable. The meeting was fun, I always enjoy meeting up with nice car enthusiasts, just leave it at that, dont lose too much sleep over the vid or the results.

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
    Yea...I'll run my slicks..and I'll also run both the turbos that are going in my car in two weeks. How does that sound to you?

Wait until I get _____ racing! Taking over in the 05.

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Also what do you mean by " a well tuned Z"?? Why would you say its well tuned?? Technosquare ecu flash is identical to what Cobb does. You send in your ECU and they flash in a conservative map for your mods.
    Not a big deal but that ECU, according to TechnoSquare's site provides +10whp/+9lb-ft alone (no other mods) and increases the rev limiter from 6600 to 7100. That makes a difference, on top of the +10whp increase, especially with the Z's gearing. Unfortunately, we don't get a rev limit increase with AP. Would be nice but I don't know if our engine would put up with that for long. I wouldn't mine being able to rev to 7500-8000 if we could make power up there. Being able to hit 60mph in 2nd and 100mph in 4th would be nice.

(Once again, not trying to detract from the win, just commenting.)
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 03-20-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast