bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on bolt on 350Z vs. STi w/TBE vid....... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TurboWill I'm not impressesd with the Z. I'm sure with all those mod's the Z was pushing ...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I'm not impressesd with the Z. I'm sure with all those mod's the Z was pushing 270-280whp.
    -So the STi had a turbo back. The STi was still was basically stock.
    A turbo car with DP and exhaust is basically stock?? That's AT LEAST 20whp (probably more like 30whp) over stock. I don't know what your definition of "basically stock" is...but mine wouldn't include at least 20 extra whp. Hell...the Z hardly has more that 20 extra whp over stock with his mods.

-350z is maxed out on power unless it goes turbo/supercharger.
    That car still has a stock head/cam setup and guys have seen very decent gains with just cams..not even talking about headwork.

-Raise the boost on that STi and give it a good ECU tune. Kiss that Z good by
    You can't honestly sit here and compare modability of a factory N/A car (without using forced induction) to a factory turbo car. OBVIOUSLY the factory turbo car will be much easier to get power out of. If that's the only excuse you have it's pretty lame.

Now take the same car's and run from a dig. I bet you won't see any 350Z video's racing from a stop Why? because that Sti would have murdered it.
    God damn...more excuses. The contest was to see which car was faster...not which one could launch harder/had better traction. FInd me a stock or light bolt-on STi in the chicago area and I'll run it from a dig...but I can guarantee I won't be on anything less than drag radials.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I'm not impressesd with the Z. I'm sure with all those mod's the Z was pushing 270-280whp.
    -So the STi had a turbo back. The STi was still was basically stock.
    -350z is maxed out on power unless it goes turbo/supercharger.
    -Raise the boost on that STi and give it a good ECU tune. Kiss that Z good by

Now take the same car's and run from a dig. I bet you won't see any 350Z video's racing from a stop Why? because that Sti would have murdered it.
    The Z won, why cant you just give the guy props. Instead you have to make up all these excuses.
    Z33

On my STi I ran a 13.6 bone stock. I bought a Turbo back exaust from TurboXs.
    OK full Turbo back exaust, NO tuning and ran a 13.4 both runs with a 1.88 60'
    With my bonestock Evo I ran a TB STi and lost only by a 1/4 car in fourth.
    Just a Turbo back on a STi from what ive seen really doesn't help much.

Now tune the STi with the Turbo Back and thats a different story.
    Yes this is a free country and I will sit here and compare the modability of the Z to the STi.
    No need to make excuses, minor tuning and the Sti is a faster car.

My point is a STi with just a turboback is still basically stock.
    Last edited by TurboWill; 03-20-2005 at 08:52 AM.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zmeflyby
    The Z won, why cant you just give the guy props. Instead you have to make up all these excuses.
    Ok nice kill.
    Happy.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Hey guys I was driving the STi, it was just some fun friendly runs, I didn't have any interest in running from a dig, I have traction they don't there is nothing really to prove there unless one of them had on some slicks. We just wanted to get an idea of how fast the cars were compared on the road.

And yes a tuned STi would do better, but I'm not tuned, we took videos of what was there, no point getting into "well if he had... etc etc"

I have UTEC sitting in my room and have just been waiting for time to get that in and then head over to TurboXS for a tune. When I get that done we will do some more runs.

nice work! I would guess the STi driver wasn't hitting the right shift points. Getting the right points can net 3 mph faster trap than shifting at redline.

Either way sweet 350.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

You are the king of EXCUSES

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
    A turbo car with DP and exhaust is basically stock?? That's AT LEAST 20whp (probably more like 30whp) over stock. I don't know what your definition of "basically stock" is...but mine wouldn't include at least 20 extra whp. Hell...the Z hardly has more that 20 extra whp over stock with his mods.

That car still has a stock head/cam setup and guys have seen very decent gains with just cams..not even talking about headwork.

You can't honestly sit here and compare modability of a factory N/A car (without using forced induction) to a factory turbo car. OBVIOUSLY the factory turbo car will be much easier to get power out of. If that's the only excuse you have it's pretty lame.

God damn...more excuses. The contest was to see which car was faster...not which one could launch harder/had better traction. FInd me a stock or light bolt-on STi in the chicago area and I'll run it from a dig...but I can guarantee I won't be on anything less than drag radials.

Talk about king of excuses??!! BriGayMax you ARE the king of excuses. If you're so sure of your car, why do you need "slicks or drag radials". I'll tell you why, becuase you can't cut those times without them. Why don't you run from a dig, scared? Oh wait I know, " because a properly driven Z will take take a Subrau" so you don't bother with racing from a dig.

and the contest was to see which car was faster....let me remind you this.......

ROLLS ARE FOR BAKERIES AND FAT CHICKS.....DEAL WITH IT!

You get ZERO respect in my book for posting a race from a roll then posting that the car was faster. What is it with 350 owners, you guys race with "Nascar" rules....rolling starts.

Also what STI doesn't launch in a race!!!??? That is what really has me scratching my head. That doesn't sound like a "fair" heads up race to me, then again it's a race with "350Z" street rules .

Turbowill is right, the downpipe and exhaust is still basically stock. Hell the STI doesn't even have a reflash and he still has a cat unlike your guy who had none.

Tell you what....you can run your "slicks" as long as we can run an upgraded turbo...sound fair?

Turbowill, PE1820, STIGUYMAX (unoffical troll hunter), time we talk........
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

First off I will say nice kill to the Z owner

The part that i dont understand is why is everyone on the Z forums making a big deal out of this?? What would happen if i put my STi with some basic bolt ons (utec, turboback, intake) and race a Z with boltons???? I'll tell you what will happen....... <--Zowners face. Anyway just wait 2 more weeks and me and another member of this board may have some videos for you guys entitled "Z Hunters "
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

holy **** why you guys acting like a bunch of girls?? Main reason I posted this is because everyone on here was claiming "Z's get slower with bolt on's" + it's a great vid, nice and clear and in the daylight

Recently I posted a story about my Z vs. an STi from a dig where I got killed.. IYou guys loved that one <--Found out now that the guy had i/TBE/reflash....but oh well...Honestly I like STi's alot they are cool cars..we're not trying to put them down in any way by posting this vid, just trying to gain little respect for an N/A Z

BTW- everyone keeps saying add this..tune that... that STi would need a reflash and tune just to keep up with the Z from a roll let alone beat it.. If the Z was on DR's and the STi was reflashed.. it would probably be a damn good race from a dig

oh and WRXhunter- thanks bro!! they were all caught in So cal!

This race wasn't even close. Those mods (350z) have really had a nice effect on performance.

How much did the mods cost for the 350Z? Thats what most people look at. It doesn't really matter how many mods a car has. What matters is the cost of the mods.

So STi - Turboback exhaust - $1000.00
    350Z - $

no one will race stis from a dig because they know they will lose if they do; therefore, already giving the z an advantage...then w/ having a well tuned z vs an untuned sti w/ a tbe and then bragging and flaunting about it...doesnt really show much about you and your z....its like an f50 racing a 360....obvious winner
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Talk about king of excuses??!! BriGayMax you ARE the king of excuses. If you're so sure of your car, why do you need "slicks or drag radials". I'll tell you why, becuase you can't cut those times without them. Why don't you run from a dig, scared? Oh wait I know, " because a properly driven Z will take take a Subrau" so you don't bother with racing from a dig.

and the contest was to see which car was faster....let me remind you this.......

ROLLS ARE FOR BAKERIES AND FAT CHICKS.....DEAL WITH IT!

You get ZERO respect in my book for posting a race from a roll then posting that the car was faster. What is it with 350 owners, you guys race with "Nascar" rules....rolling starts.

Also what STI doesn't launch in a race!!!??? That is what really has me scratching my head. That doesn't sound like a "fair" heads up race to me, then again it's a race with "350Z" street rules .

Turbowill is right, the downpipe and exhaust is still basically stock. Hell the STI doesn't even have a reflash and he still has a cat unlike your guy who had none.

Tell you what....you can run your "slicks" as long as we can run an upgraded turbo...sound fair?

Turbowill, PE1820, STIGUYMAX (unoffical troll hunter), time we talk........
    You make absolutely ZERO sense on your post here. I didn't post this thread up...and I never said anything about wanting to race from a roll. The guy with the STi was the one who WANTED to go from a roll. Jesus...can you freaking read?? If you read my post again...I said I would like to go with an STi from a dig...but I won't be on a normal street tire. It's just an equalizer. Doesn't mean I can't drive my car without slicks or DRs....hell look at the first time in my sig...that 13.6 was done BONE STOCK ON STREET TIRES.

I'm not saying that stock for stock a 350Z is a quicker car down the 1/4 mile than an STi...just that the only advantage the STi has is it's launch....that's it. Take that away and it's VERY close in performance to the 350Z.

Turbowill is not "right" that an STi with dp and turboback is basically stock. It's not a matter of being right or wrong on the subject. It's COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE. I have my opinion and you guys have yours...but to me..mods are mods. And mentioning mods and the word "stock" in the same sentence seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

Yea...I'll run my slicks..and I'll also run both the turbos that are going in my car in two weeks. How does that sound to you?
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

^^ sounds good to me. Give me a call i would love to set up a race.
    LISC #1

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    no one will race stis from a dig because they know they will lose if they do; therefore, already giving the z an advantage...then w/ having a well tuned z vs an untuned sti w/ a tbe and then bragging and flaunting about it...doesnt really show much about you and your z....its like an f50 racing a 360....obvious winner
    Who the F is flaunting anything bro?? NOBODY! Don't jump into a thread and post some BS based off the title or the vid.. READ the whole thread or keep your 2 cents out of it!!!

BTW- The Z's mods cost about....

$100 popcharger
    $150 testpipes
    $100 pulley
    $350 plenum
    $700 exhaust
    $500 ECU

the STi had

TBE $? did someone say $1000??
    DP $???
    Hi flows$???
    filter $??

not sooo far off now are we??

Z = 1900
    STi = under 1k
    LISC #1

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast