? on 05 G35c vs Stg 2 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ? on 05 G35c vs Stg 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My bro is going to get an 05 G35c - 6MT probably by next week - this is the upgraded ...

? on 05 G35c vs Stg 2 WRX

My bro is going to get an 05 G35c - 6MT probably by next week - this is the upgraded 298 hp version. As of right now, I have a cobb stg 1 with a tanabe cb. I'm planning to go to Stg 2 very soon (bosal shorty dp, undecided on up). My question is - has any Stg 2 WRX gone up against the 04 or 05 G35c? How well do you guys do against these things??
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is he getting the AWD version? if so it will hurt his trap speed. But either way your goin down if your only a stage1. get your cats out and it will probably be closer. the VQ35DE's are very strong especially on the highway. So try to run from a dig
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

^^^
    Are the G35coupes coming in AWD? with the 298hp?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i don't think they are coming with the awd in coupe form, at least not yet. the 298hp is the coupe. I would guess that the 298hp is maybe .2 seconds faster than the 280hp, or more or less closer to the performance of the current 350z stock. Remember, the 350z is faster than the g35 (280hp)... if equal drivers.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

To my knowledge, the G coupe will not have AWD. They are saving that for the new Skyline coming out in a couple years.

As for a Stg 2 rex vs. an '05 6mt G coupe, from a dig you should be able to hold him off if you guys are doing 1/4 mile runs. From 30mph roll on up, he will own you. This is just my opinion.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

^^^+1

I'm at Cobb Stage 2 and I've dusted manual 350Z's from a dig up to about 60. Stoplight to stoplight should be no problem for you. However, be very careful from a roll.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

The new G is good for higher 13's which means that unless you are a very good driver you will most likely lose from a dig with your stage1. If you upgrade to stage2 and run from a dig you could def. hold him off if you can drive, otherwise it will be REALLY close.
    From a roll, you are going to get it handed to you, even at stage2. The cars are trapping about 103mph which is out of the stage2 league and more into the STi trapspeed territory.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Stg 1 and Stg 2....nope!

You're going up againts a car with close to 300 hp and will probably run high 13s. Stg 2 will be a nice bump in power but remember that the stock turbo chokes up top. Get a Stg 4 setup and the only G and Z cars you'll have to worry about are FI and N02 setups.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

are you guys adding the extra 400 pounds into the equation?

i killed a supercharged G35 by about 1/2-1 car length from a dig a LACR - i thought they were much faster - maybe the guy couldnt drive ????

I recently picked up an 05 G35c 6MT and have owned a Stage 2 WRX. While I never raced them against each other I will say this:

At stage 2 you are likely to get a good jump on the G and hold on to that lead until about 50mph. The G will then catch you, pull past, and keep on pulling. The G's lead will continue to grow the faster you go. Here are the things I've noticed about the G since I picked it up last week (I've only done 2 hard pulls because of the break-in).
    1. This car has great top-end. It's pretty torquey down low, but it really opens up around 4500 RPM and pulls hard to red-line.
    2. The car pulls hard even at high speeds. This is probably due at least in part to the very nice drag coefficient of .29

My stage 4+ rex (VF34 with all supporting mods running catless with headers and big IC) would've killed my G. It wouldn't have been pretty from a dig or a roll - until speeds reached around 90 where the G would probably start to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmo
    I recently picked up an 05 G35c 6MT and have owned a Stage 2 WRX. While I never raced them against each other I will say this:

At stage 2 you are likely to get a good jump on the G and hold on to that lead until about 50mph. The G will then catch you, pull past, and keep on pulling. The G's lead will continue to grow the faster you go. Here are the things I've noticed about the G since I picked it up last week (I've only done 2 hard pulls because of the break-in).
    1. This car has great top-end. It's pretty torquey down low, but it really opens up around 4500 RPM and pulls hard to red-line.
    2. The car pulls hard even at high speeds. This is probably due at least in part to the very nice drag coefficient of .29

My stage 4+ rex (VF34 with all supporting mods running catless with headers and big IC) would've killed my G. It wouldn't have been pretty from a dig or a roll - until speeds reached around 90 where the G would probably start to catch up.
    If you dont post pics and a review of the car I will kill you
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

thanx for all the input guys...I guess I'll hav 2 catch him at a stoplight
    or mayb in the future - I can trade up for a GTO, 04 Z06 ..and really catch him offguard...
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmo

So your saying a stock "G" will beat a stage 2 wrx in the 1/4? Don't think so ...G.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

he means at the end of the 1/4 it will be obvious whose got the stronger car... G35
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast