rex vs audi

This is a discussion on rex vs audi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruzing around a little bit on a 4 lane road (40mph), and i see a black 02 audi ...

rex vs audi

I was cruzing around a little bit on a 4 lane road (40mph), and i see a black 02 audi A4 1.8T going through traffic ahead. So I catch up to him, we get side by side at a light but there are cars ahead of us. He is around 20 and has his friend sitting shotgun, I am 19 and the only one in my car. We then get ahead of the crowd, open road! He has exhaust, but I don't know what else, I have a 02 wrx w/turbo back exhaust, up pipe, bov, springs, and kartboy short shifter. Anyway we go from a 45mph roll, I down shift to second and we floor it at the same time,he falls back to my rear doors through second, then i shift to third and was at least a car ahead and pulling fast, I slow down at 80(he has already quit). We did this a few times and the same result every time. I love the tbe and up it makes a world of difference over stock, Cobb stage 2 is next

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

nice, once you get an EM system, it'll a world of difference.

Thanks guys, I cant wait to get COBB stage 2

the 1.8t are Very slow... they do like a 8.5 0-60... u shoulda killed him !
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

That is what I thought to, but he did have exhaust, and maybe a chip. I pretty much did kill him though, once i shifted to third I was pulling away very fast. We only raced for about 5-7 sec total.

Nice kill, Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    the 1.8t are Very slow... they do like a 8.5 0-60... u shoulda killed him !
    I agree.. I test drove one about a month ago and it was just weak.. Now if it was 2005 S4 that would be different..

It's pretty easy to free up A LOT of hp in those audis. A while back I raced an A4 quattro with the 2.8 and it was almost dead even up to 125, I was just barely creeping up on him. They have 190 hp and they're awd as well (not to mention they weigh about as much as a dumptruck). I was really surprised, but then everybody told me about the abundance of chips out there for audis and it settled me down a bit.

yea, I dont know for sure if he had a chip, but he did have exhaust, and a chip would explain why he was only a half car behind me when I shifted to third. We started at a 45mph roll