rex vs audi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rex vs audi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruzing around a little bit on a 4 lane road (40mph), and i see a black 02 audi ...

rex vs audi

I was cruzing around a little bit on a 4 lane road (40mph), and i see a black 02 audi A4 1.8T going through traffic ahead. So I catch up to him, we get side by side at a light but there are cars ahead of us. He is around 20 and has his friend sitting shotgun, I am 19 and the only one in my car. We then get ahead of the crowd, open road! He has exhaust, but I don't know what else, I have a 02 wrx w/turbo back exhaust, up pipe, bov, springs, and kartboy short shifter. Anyway we go from a 45mph roll, I down shift to second and we floor it at the same time,he falls back to my rear doors through second, then i shift to third and was at least a car ahead and pulling fast, I slow down at 80(he has already quit). We did this a few times and the same result every time. I love the tbe and up it makes a world of difference over stock, Cobb stage 2 is next

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

nice, once you get an EM system, it'll a world of difference.

Thanks guys, I cant wait to get COBB stage 2

the 1.8t are Very slow... they do like a 8.5 0-60... u shoulda killed him !
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

That is what I thought to, but he did have exhaust, and maybe a chip. I pretty much did kill him though, once i shifted to third I was pulling away very fast. We only raced for about 5-7 sec total.

Nice kill, Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    the 1.8t are Very slow... they do like a 8.5 0-60... u shoulda killed him !
    I agree.. I test drove one about a month ago and it was just weak.. Now if it was 2005 S4 that would be different..

It's pretty easy to free up A LOT of hp in those audis. A while back I raced an A4 quattro with the 2.8 and it was almost dead even up to 125, I was just barely creeping up on him. They have 190 hp and they're awd as well (not to mention they weigh about as much as a dumptruck). I was really surprised, but then everybody told me about the abundance of chips out there for audis and it settled me down a bit.

yea, I dont know for sure if he had a chip, but he did have exhaust, and a chip would explain why he was only a half car behind me when I shifted to third. We started at a 45mph roll

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.