New V8 Mustang Encounter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New V8 Mustang Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was a quick little run but still fun. My girlfriend and I just finished eating dinner and as I ...

New V8 Mustang Encounter

It was a quick little run but still fun. My girlfriend and I just finished eating dinner and as I was leaving the parking structure I heard a deep grumble pass me by. It was a brand new black V8 mustang... the thing looked menacing. We both pull out of the structure and he takes off fast, I didn't bite yet because I was hoping to catch the light up ahead and sure enough we did.

So we stop at the light but unfortunately I had to line up behind him because there's an older camaro next to him. The light is about to turn green and I knew the mustang was gonna take off seeing how he bolted from the parking structure. Light turns green and I do a 70% launch to prevent hitting the mustang... the camaro is next to me through first and the mustang is a car ahead and cuts into the camaro's lane. I shift to second and start to pull away from the camaro and the mustang is still a car ahead. I shift to third and the camaro is way back there now (maybe he gave up) and the mustang starts putting more distance on me. This road turns into an onramp so we end up going different directions, he speeds off towards the south exit and I ended up going north.

I was honestly expecting the mustang to start pulling on me much sooner but I was able to hold my ground until about 70mph when it seemed as if he started to pull on me. I'm sure if I was at the line next to him I could have had the lead for a while but he'd end up passing me easily as we got up to speed. The camaro had no chance... I don't know my domestics well, but it was the older boxy camaro. It didn't have much in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mods?

WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by prspect06
    mods?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

J-H
    COBB 2

Sorry 03WREX, just wanted to make sure they did not get on your case

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Sorry, I forgot I didn't mention my mods. Cobb stage2. Thanks J-H for clearing it up for me.

As much as I hate the new Mustang GT its a fast car. It's definately as fast as an STi
    (from a roll).

I know many will not want to hear this but I watched a new Stang GT run dead even with a Stage 2 STi from a roll. Maybe the driver of the STi sucked. But they ran dead even.

nice run
    im surprised you kept up w/ him that well....the new gts are really fast
    Last edited by WRXcelration; 05-28-2005 at 12:08 AM.
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run

Indeed

Mustang GT = STI COBB2, if this is it, it is really impressive. STI COBB2 pull like mofo's....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Nah, Stage 2 sti should pull from a stock gt.
    The problem with this run is obvious, you were not able to perform an awd launch. He would have gained the 2-3 cars back at about 70 but you probably would have shut down by then.
    my vf34 cobb 2.5 is even with alot of fast cars on the freeway. mostly any 300-330hp cars weighing over 3300lbs.

I'll admit that I knew the mustang would win but I was surprised at how well I hung by him... but like I said at about 70mph it seemed as if he was really starting to pick up momentum. I'm sure it wouldn't have been too pretty after that.

respect the four valve mustangs... they bring it...
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Indeed

Mustang GT = STI COBB2, if this is it, it is really impressive. STI COBB2 pull like mofo's....

I have a very hard time believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I have a very hard time believing that.
    yeah, i'll have to agree with bigwrxguy

concur. posted my feelings in another forum. know for sure that rolling a new GT will slam you around 75-80, Stock!

Those stock parts on the new GT are at like a -40/60 HP to the wheels.

Just a few mods on the GT would have granted it a little more speed ECU flash is a auto 20 HP or so 25 or so w/ air intake added to the flash.
    Built 2.0l, DB super16g, Espilir JGT500exhuast And More.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.