New V8 Mustang Encounter - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New V8 Mustang Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You must not take your cobra to the track, well, besides a 1/4 track. A live axle is not the ...

You must not take your cobra to the track, well, besides a 1/4 track. A live axle is not the best or most efficient set up for a handler. I have driven numerous, and I do mean numerous cars on different courses, and know what I perfer. You may perfer something else, but if you think a mustang is a good handling car, then you my friend are in bliss. I have driven a 01 cobra and a 04 cobra, both on a track, and although I like the mustang cobra, it would be at the bottom of my list for what "I" would use it for. But to each his own.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had the same expierence as well. (stuck bhind a gt at alight) when he took off by 2nd i was passing him fairly well, then he quit
    2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Fuse
    You must not take your cobra to the track, well, besides a 1/4 track. A live axle is not the best or most efficient set up for a handler. I have driven numerous, and I do mean numerous cars on different courses, and know what I perfer. You may perfer something else, but if you think a mustang is a good handling car, then you my friend are in bliss. I have driven a 01 cobra and a 04 cobra, both on a track, and although I like the mustang cobra, it would be at the bottom of my list for what "I" would use it for. But to each his own.
    A. No, I don't run at a track other than 1/4 mile.

B. My mustang has an independant rear...not a live axle, and all Cobras since 1999 have the same. Retard.

I never said that a mustang is a good handling car. All I said is that a stock 2005 Mustang GT handles just as well or BETTER than a stock non-STi WRX.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

The Cobra is a pretty good handling car. I had an STi before it nad I don't notice much of a difference on the streets. I haven't taken the Cobra to an Auto-X yet, But I know I won't be able to whale on it as hard as the STi was able to go. However, there are many options for improving the Mustang's handling to world class standards. I believe a 2005 Mustang won the Rolex 24 hours race in FLA a couple of months ago. Beating M3s and the like.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run
    nice run??? nice run??? it was a nice kill. WTF is wrong with you?

You are correct, I forgot the cobra has a independent rear suspension, but other mustangs do have a solid rear axle including gts and normal mustangs. Also, I work with students who are MR and you shouldn't use the word retard, it makes you look juvenile and primitive.

people who say mustangs cant handle dont know how to drive them or are just misinformed... i remember back in the day an import magazine decided to pit a mustang GT against their "end all of fwd imports" the integra type R and the mustang GT when driven properly outhandled the itr and ran faster lap times. i was quite embarassed at the time having owned an integra, but its all good cuz I'm not the type to stick to one car brand, import or domestic.

the only reason you need to learn how to drive better with the mustang is cuz its a RWD car and they will spin you around if you apply too much throttle in a turn. On top of that, you have tons of torque on hand, so its not like driving a miata or a "hachi 'i'm a mad tyte drifter y0!!1' roku".

sadly, even when I drive ****ty handling RWD cars I feel more comfortable with its handling dynamics.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

i spoke with one of our inhouse gear heads (has 7 built stangs (including a 2005 Roush)and a z05 with about 475 rwhp) and he said that a stock 2005 should not be able to beat a WRX with a little tuning already done. he said they are good top end, but not from a roll or a stop. he said maybe at 70 or 80 the GT may start to pull, but not before that. His Roush is basically a GT with a body kit and some interior stuff. Slowest vehicle he currently owns.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

surely you're talking stock 05 Mustang GT vs STi, not regular WRX, right? If we're talking about acceleration, a stock 05 Mustang GT will EASILY walk away from a stock WRX. STi should be a driver's race though.

Also...what is a "z05"???
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    surely you're talking stock 05 Mustang GT vs STi, not regular WRX, right? If we're talking about acceleration, a stock 05 Mustang GT will EASILY walk away from a stock WRX. STi should be a driver's race though.

Also...what is a "z05"???

Im thinking what he is anything over 220whp on a wrx i think would easily take lead from a dig on a stock 05 Mustang, im going by numbers though.

my bad..typo. i meant z06.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite
    Im thinking what he is anything over 220whp on a wrx i think would easily take lead from a dig on a stock 05 Mustang, im going by numbers though.
    I hate to break the bad news to you, but a stock WRX doesn't make 220 whp unless it's an STi.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Sorry i didnt sound to clear on that one.

I meant a modified Wrx just as the guy before stated a nicely tuned wrx would hold a little ground, most people on here are stage 2 non stock, so their way above 220whp to the wheels anyhow.

+1 to subsriptions.
    Last edited by dingobite; 05-28-2005 at 08:35 AM.

my bad...thought we were talking about stock vs stock.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Fuse
    You are correct, I forgot the cobra has a independent rear suspension, but other mustangs do have a solid rear axle including gts and normal mustangs. Also, I work with students who are MR and you shouldn't use the word retard, it makes you look juvenile and primitive.
    i think its funny when people like him get mad over the word RETARD,or RETARDED. they could care less. only regular people are trying to make the word you call them more politically correct. just a word. jeezzz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast