New V8 Mustang Encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New V8 Mustang Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SGOSWRX As much as I hate the new Mustang GT its a fast car. It's definately as ...

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    As much as I hate the new Mustang GT its a fast car. It's definately as fast as an STi
    (from a roll).

I know many will not want to hear this but I watched a new Stang GT run dead even with a Stage 2 STi from a roll. Maybe the driver of the STi sucked. But they ran dead even.
    Either the stang was modded and they didnt say nothin or the STi driver sucked ass. I "raced" one about a month ago from a stop/roll and I pulled till 3rd and he took off. It was a black gt with new plates. The stang had 1 passenger and I had none. We were at a red and I didnt know he was gonna go till he punched it around 20mph, luckily I was hoping for it so I was still in first. As soon as I punched it I gain back lost ground and had the front of his car to my side view mirror, 2nd I inched a little more and he was to my door, as soon as I hit 3rd he started pulling and in no time (95ish mph) was in front of me, I gave the hazard and at the next light we turned opposite ways and we gave the thumbs up.

All I have is a cobb stg2 with uppipe and intercooler hoses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Type1
    Either the stang was modded and they didnt say nothin or the STi driver sucked ass. I "raced" one about a month ago from a stop/roll and I pulled till 3rd and he took off. It was a black gt with new plates. The stang had 1 passenger and I had none. We were at a red and I didnt know he was gonna go till he punched it around 20mph, luckily I was hoping for it so I was still in first. As soon as I punched it I gain back lost ground and had the front of his car to my side view mirror, 2nd I inched a little more and he was to my door, as soon as I hit 3rd he started pulling and in no time (95ish mph) was in front of me, I gave the hazard and at the next light we turned opposite ways and we gave the thumbs up.

All I have is a cobb stg2 with uppipe and intercooler hoses.
    Your setup should be as fast as a stock STi. As you mentioned he pulled on you hard top end. Stock GT's are trapping 102 - 104mph. I spoke to a guy that said he ran
    13.5s- 13.6s @ 104 mph back to back (hot lapping) his new GT.

I also know of 2 different guys running Stage2 setups ( STi's) that are still stuck in the low 13 @ 103 - 104 mph range.
    My last trip to the track there was a guy there in an STi (intake, Utec, TBE, bov) that never trapped higher than 103mph?

While on the other hand I trapped 105 mph in my STi with intake and exhaust? Sometimes things just don't add up.

So who knows, maybe he did have some mods on his GT. But it definately looked and sounded stock. Most likely it was a combination of poor driving and a Stage 2 thats wasn't tuned properly.

a modded STi should trap higher than 105... last time i checked.
    300AWHP and 3100 lbs should do it.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    a modded STi should trap higher than 105... last time i checked.
    300AWHP and 3100 lbs should do it.

Should do it but many are not. Like I mentioned I watched a stage 2 run 103 mph trap speeds all day long. Just check the drag racing section of this website. There a Cobb Stage 2 STi that ran 12.9 @ 104 mph (which is a nice time). One could also assume that most of his runs were slower than that.

Don't forget , there are many STi owners that only trap 99 - 100 mph in their stock STi's. So to trap 104mph would indicate a nice increase in HP (40hp or so) in these cases.

I had no idea those new gt's are that fast...cant wait til I run one.
    Vishnu XEDE = $995
    Helix uppipe & downpipe = $550
    Borla XR-1 catback = $500
    Shiv custom tune = PRICELESS

to find out why, click here: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=137464

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44
    respect the four valve mustangs... they bring it...
    While this is true, it has nothing to do with this thread. They are talking about the new 05 Mustang GT.....it's a 3-valve, not 4 valve.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

don't they have 300ish hp? The new stangs...

They put down like 287 whp... they are no joke! Capable of mid 13's stock. Keep in mind guys, when street racing... the subaru is very underpowered and is nothing without its launch. (unless you're packing some serious mods... like me, tee hee) To top it off, they make this power on 87 octane!

Anyways, I've been seriously contemplating getting an 05 mustang... cuz i love the retro look... and the power is good. (power potential is much higher than any subaru)
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

They're a pig in the corners though, and a joke on any auto-x track. Typical mustang, but can be built to be really fast in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Fuse
    They're a pig in the corners though, and a joke on any auto-x track. Typical mustang, but can be built to be really fast in a straight line.
    Obviously you don't know much about the new mustang chassis/suspension. A stock 2005 Mustang GT will run corners as well or better than a stock WRX. 2004 and prior...you are correct. The STi is a different story. Look at the slalom mph difference. It moves on down the track!

All these results came from the same source (motor trend) and test.

2005 Mustang GT
    Skidpad: .85g
    600ft slalom: 66.1 mph

WRX Sedan
    Skidpad: .81g
    600ft slalom: 64.5 mph

WRX Sti
    Skidpad: .85g
    600ft slalom: 69.1 mph
    Last edited by StngStr; 05-24-2005 at 08:17 PM.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    They put down like 287 whp... they are no joke! Capable of mid 13's stock. Keep in mind guys, when street racing... the subaru is very underpowered and is nothing without its launch. (unless you're packing some serious mods... like me, tee hee) To top it off, they make this power on 87 octane!

Anyways, I've been seriously contemplating getting an 05 mustang... cuz i love the retro look... and the power is good. (power potential is much higher than any subaru)

I was cruising the ford forums for over 5 months when i was dead sure the 05 stang would be my next ride. Average horsepower the 05 is supose to put to the wheels bare stock was averaging out around 260 whp. Im only taking this from what ive been reading theres a few dyno slips out that showed the same numbers. The ECU alone was limited in the negative numbers about 30whp for what ever reason ford made the car slower than it says new off the lot.

If thers anything running faster stock above 260/270whp tops its one of the lucky ones.

The car is to big to high profile looking for me reminds me to much of how if you wanted a good luxury ride in the 80s go get a Caddillac or something way more expensive for looks, which left me wanting a subbie sedan when my wagon luv blew up in smoke.
    Last edited by dingobite; 05-24-2005 at 08:57 PM.

Anything with a live axle in the back will not be a handler. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobite
    I was cruising the ford forums for over 5 months when i was dead sure the 05 stang would be my next ride. Average horsepower the 05 is supose to put to the wheels bare stock was averaging out around 260 whp. Im only taking this from what ive been reading theres a few dyno slips out that showed the same numbers. The ECU alone was limited in the negative numbers about 30whp for what ever reason ford made the car slower than it says new off the lot.

If thers anything running faster stock above 260/270whp tops its one of the lucky ones.

The car is to big to high profile looking for me reminds me to much of how if you wanted a good luxury ride in the 80s go get a Caddillac or something way more expensive for looks, which left me wanting a subbie sedan when my wagon luv blew up in smoke.
    I apologize, 287wTQ, 270whp. I based it off of this dyno.

In case you are wondering, the bigger number is for the whipple supercharged version of the 05 mustang. stock exhaust and all.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

No problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Fuse
    Anything with a live axle in the back will not be a handler. Nuff said.
    Anything? Ignorance is bliss, huh?
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast