I got SPANKED by a Civic
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I got SPANKED by a Civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was in the Evo tonight when a white Civic hatch pulls up next to me. I look over ...

I got SPANKED by a Civic

Well I was in the Evo tonight when a white Civic hatch pulls up next to me. I look over and he motions me to put my window down which I do and he asks if I am stock. I say yes and he asks if I want to run since we had a clear road ahead and I had to force back an urge to laugh and said sure. I wasn't even going to bother launching but figured he may have a few mods so I should at least try a little. Light went green and he actually burns some rubber and pulls a car ahead, I was like I throw it into 2nd and he starts pulling even harder. Now I REALLY put my foot down but he keeps pulling and had a good 4-5 length lead when I eased up at around 85mph. I see him turn up ahead of me and take off and I still couldnt believe it.

Anyhoo, I call up one of my friends who knows everyone with a fast car in town and he knows the guy. Turns out his Civic has a K20A something or other engine swap from the RSX Type S, major turbo package, exhaust etc...the thing puts down around 300whp and runs mid 12s Thats ALOT of power going into a 2200lb car, that weighs 1,000lbs less than my Evo. I dont know how many of these things there are around but I'll have to make sure not to take any car lightly because you never know whats under the hood.
    Last edited by mball; 03-16-2005 at 11:40 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Well I was in the Evo tonight when a white Civic hatch pulls up next to me. I look over and he motions me to put my window down which I do and he asks if I am stock. I say yes and he asks if I want to run since we had a clear road ahead and I had to force back an urge to laugh and said sure. I wasn't even going to bother launching but figured he may have a few mods so I should at least try a little. Light went green and he actually burns some rubber and pulls a car ahead, I was like I throw it into 2nd and he starts pulling even harder. Now I REALLY put my foot down but he keeps pulling and had a good 4-5 length lead when I eased up at around 85mph. I see him turn up ahead of me and take off and I still couldnt believe it.

Anyhoo, I call up one of my friends who knows everyone with a fast car in town and he knows the guy. Turns out his Civic has a K20A something or other engine swap from the RSX Type S, major turbo package, exhaust etc...the thing puts down around 300whp and runs mid 12s Thats ALOT of power going into a 2200lb car, that weighs 1,000lbs less than my Evo. I dont know how many of these things there are around but I'll have to make sure not to take any car lightly because you never know whats under the hood.
    major turbo package? hes prob all motor, my friend w/ a stock k20 in a EG runs mid 12's, all motor. but yeah, little hatchs are quick w/ swaps watch out of em.

WHO THE HELL SWAPS NEW RSX MOTORS INTO A FREAKEN CIVIC????????

at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you definately have a life...and that guy doesn't. And no matter how much work you do on it, how much power it has, or how many street races he wins, he's still a punk in a freaken Civic, and you have a nice new Evo.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

major turbo package? hes prob all motor, my friend w/ a stock k20 and hondata EG runs mid 12's, all motor. but yeah, little hatchs are quick w/ swaps watch out of em

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    major turbo package? hes prob all motor, my friend w/ a stock k20 in a EG runs mid 12's, all motor. but yeah, little hatchs are quick w/ swaps watch out of em.
    Seriously? What is an EG? Don't know much about Civics at all except I thought they were all 15 second slouches. Man, this was the kind of car I was looking for when I posted about wanting a good, cheap lightweight car to tune. How much do these engine swaps cost?

never judge a book by its cover and never assume a civic hatch is slow.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I don't know about mid 12's with a stock K20 but mid to high 13's is do-able.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Quote Originally Posted by GREDDY
    I don't know about mid 12's with a stock K20 but mid to high 13's is do-able.
    he said it was turbo'd
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

heres a k20 "ek" putting over 450hp++ to the wheels =x i dont wanna meet this guy on the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails k20egturbo.jpg   k20egturbo2.jpg   k20egturbo3.jpg   k20turbo.jpg  
    Last edited by TigsteRz; 03-17-2005 at 12:11 AM.

Yeah. When I got my mirage I got it purely cause I needed a daily driver to put miles on but little did I know there were turbo kits out for it that give my particular engine 300 to 400hp on 10-12psi and my car only weighs like 2222lbs. I found a mirage web site a little after I bought my car of a street legal mirage running LOW 10'S!!!!!!!!!!!! I think his best time was 10.14 in the 1/4. You never know what people have but then again the ones with incredibly fast mirages/civics are a few and far in between.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    never judge a book by its cover and never assume a civic hatch is slow.
    Yup
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by mball

Join the club.... I got owned by a turbocharged civic coupe last year too... a red one...

We started at 60mph, and at 120mph, he was a couple of cars ahead... He claimed to have 380whp... I have 320whp

So now, whenever a civic comes out and challenges you, you can be sure that he has work done.. They know where they stand in the food chain when stock/close to stock, and it is those that have work done that usually WANT a piece... It was a nice humbling race though, but it was kinda tacky after we raced, because he had to run his heater at full blast due to him overheating..

I should have asked him to run again at that point!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you definately have a life...and that guy doesn't. And no matter how much work you do on it, how much power it has, or how many street races he wins, he's still a punk in a freaken Civic, and you have a nice new Evo.
    Weak. You sound like a snob, and you drive a WRX.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Get yourself a Cheap EG Hatch with a good shell and a blown motor for CHEAP. Find a RSX Type S that some HS Kid rolled showing off hiz V-TAK to his Girlfriend, get the motor and tranny for a bout $6000. Swap, have a low 13 second ride BEFORE mods. I sometimes wonder why I did not do this. I mean the car is cheap; the reliability would be there as youíre not making enough torque to break anything. Handing would be there. Insurance would be CHEAP even full coverage for a 12 year old Civic.

I would love one, Boltonís and Honda data you would have a Mid 12 all motor ride that is good on gas and as reliable as a Civic.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Get yourself a Cheap EG Hatch with a good shell and a blown motor for CHEAP. Find a RSX Type S that some HS Kid rolled showing off hiz V-TAK to his Girlfriend, get the motor and tranny for a bout $6000. Swap, have a low 13 second ride BEFORE mods. I sometimes wonder why I did not do this. I mean the car is cheap; the reliability would be there as youíre not making enough torque to break anything. Handing would be there. Insurance would be CHEAP even full coverage for a 12 year old Civic.

I would love one, Boltonís and Honda data you would have a Mid 12 all motor ride that is good on gas and as reliable as a Civic.
    That is a cheap sleeper if that's what you're into.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast