I got SPANKED by a Civic - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I got SPANKED by a Civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To me there is nothing better than getting smoked by a little Honda mystery box. You never can tell what ...

To me there is nothing better than getting smoked by a little Honda mystery box. You never can tell what youre up against.

I cant see why anyone wouldnt respect a fellow tuner, esp when they're making race cars out of economy cars. True, there are tons of young kids in hatches with nothing more than loud exhaust racing thru traffic giving Hondas a bad name. But, how many kids with WRX's have only a CAI and a BOV and do the same. I give respect where its due.

FYI: depends on the kit of course....but my buddy's 02 si, which is heavier than an EG hatch, at 9 psi traps 108. You subtract a few hundred pounds and add a Type-S head and you've got some mean power!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ervv173
    To me there is nothing better than getting smoked by a little Honda mystery box. You never can tell what youre up against.

I cant see why anyone wouldnt respect a fellow tuner, esp when they're making race cars out of economy cars. True, there are tons of young kids in hatches with nothing more than loud exhaust racing thru traffic giving Hondas a bad name. But, how many kids with WRX's have only a CAI and a BOV and do the same. I give respect where its due.

FYI: depends on the kit of course....but my buddy's 02 si, which is heavier than an EG hatch, at 9 psi traps 108. You subtract a few hundred pounds and add a Type-S head and you've got some mean power!

I agree. I would much rather get beat by a swapped civic than some bolt on Cobra. You have to have mad respect for anyone that takes an economy car and swaps the motor and throws a turbo in it. I think the whole honda hatch scene is really cool.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I got beat down by a 510whp civic last weekend. I knew I was going to loose, but what the hell nobody is invincible.
    Blaiz
    32vGT

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Seriously? What is an EG? Don't know much about Civics at all except I thought they were all 15 second slouches. Man, this was the kind of car I was looking for when I posted about wanting a good, cheap lightweight car to tune. How much do these engine swaps cost?
    For 1500 bucks u can put a D16y8 with some high compression pistons in a gutted hatch and break into the 14's. ( EG is a 92'-95' civic hatch)
    " I wasn't racing, I was winning"

I bought an EG Hatch for a DD, and I keep telling myself not to mod it.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    heh, YOU'RE defending spending 2-3X the value of a car to make it go faster and I'm the idiot?

...and I'm certainly not going to say anything about a man who not only watches Smallville, but gets excited because a new season is coming. just relax, and don't get your panties all in a bunch.
    Please be nice to Donnie or I will have to kill you.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

i didnt read the entire thread. but peopel should be able to respect cars for the work and power they produce and not be so quick to judge about how someone is based on the car they drive.

i think its pretty good that the evo got walked by a car that with mods probably cost a third of the price.

I don't care if the civic was polka dot pink and purple, with that type of power and ease to get it up there with a minimal cost is impressive. Bashing a car based on the fact that "oh it's still a civic", you seem to put yourself above owning a car like that, when in reality, your WRX/STi/Evo is still just an Impreza/Lancer. Give credit where credit is due.

back when I drove my integra I used to love hearing stories like this. Civics are light and can fit some fairly nice engines cheap. I think I personally would like to have the evo but give credit where credit is due; he was challenged in a competition of straight line speed and was beaten by someone who put lots of time and love into his car. Our cars are just crappy econoboxes where the factory did the work for us its still built off the base impreza chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    I don't care if the civic was polka dot pink and purple, with that type of power and ease to get it up there with a minimal cost is impressive. Bashing a car based on the fact that "oh it's still a civic", you seem to put yourself above owning a car like that, when in reality, your WRX/STi/Evo is still just an Impreza/Lancer. Give credit where credit is due.
    +1

Give credit where credit is due.
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    WHO THE HELL SWAPS NEW RSX MOTORS INTO A FREAKEN CIVIC????????

at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you definately have a life...and that guy doesn't. And no matter how much work you do on it, how much power it has, or how many street races he wins, he's still a punk in a freaken Civic, and you have a nice new Evo.

you think he cares hes just in a civic? At the end of the day, he is the civic that beat the evo. Most civic owners dont really care about that fact that they are "just in a civic," as long as they can go fast, and beat people, but yet, its just a civic. And also, Ive seen most civic owners that have their cars setup good, have their cars looking very ncie, JDM style with just some rims, and maybe a lip spoiler.

Its funny how people always give the same reaction too. Im sure you guys have seent he R32 skyline vs the civic and the civic wins, and all people ever said, well its just a civic and the guy has a SKYLINE! uh ok, a skyline that lost to "just a civic"

i was in just a protege and spanked many a wrxs...while i still would have rather had a wrx i got a ****load of respect from the people...that werent so uppity.

the guy who made the comment about who would put a k20 into a civic is ignorant...that is the hottest thing in the honda world right now, k20 sawps are becoming more and more common....but like it is said before honda's have ZERO traction on street tires, i raced a gsr turbo ek hatch last night that dynoed at 274whp and i beat him by a car from like a 20mph roll, then we raced from a stop and i just stomped on it, i also raced two boosted rsx-s and i beat both of them but they both left after i beat em before i could talk to them, one of them didnt know how to drive, personally im not a huge honda fan or any ff for that matter, it's kind of pointless power imo but i have run into fast ass hondas and i gave alot of props to the people, cuz a fast car is a fast car, but damn i cant wait to get my evo and do a 2.4 stroker kit with a gt40 turbo, wow i dream of the day!
    anyway, that k20 may have had a SMALL turbo kit that wasnt tuned or something, im sure he didnt have a major turbo upgrade but nice run, and gotta give credit.....
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

[QUOTE=TSi AWD]Get yourself a Cheap EG Hatch with a good shell and a blown motor for CHEAP. Find a RSX Type S that some HS Kid rolled showing off hiz V-TAK to his Girlfriend, get the motor and tranny for a bout $6000. Swap, have a low 13 second ride BEFORE mods. I sometimes wonder why I did not do this. I mean the car is cheap; the reliability would be there as you’re not making enough torque to break anything. Handing would be there. Insurance would be CHEAP even full coverage for a 12 year old Civic.
    QUOTE]

It's fun to fix up those cars. However, you should be glad your project is an Evo instead of a Honda. A soup up Honda would not last long because of thieves.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    heres a k20 "ek" putting over 450hp++ to the wheels =x i dont wanna meet this guy on the road.
    i wanna meet him on the rain or snow..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.