I got SPANKED by a Civic - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I got SPANKED by a Civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blarg WHO THE HELL SWAPS NEW RSX MOTORS INTO A FREAKEN CIVIC???????? at least you have the ...

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    WHO THE HELL SWAPS NEW RSX MOTORS INTO A FREAKEN CIVIC????????

at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you definately have a life...and that guy doesn't. And no matter how much work you do on it, how much power it has, or how many street races he wins, he's still a punk in a freaken Civic, and you have a nice new Evo.
    you sir, are a complete and utter idiot.

go away
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jigga

So now, whenever a civic comes out and challenges you, you can be sure that he has work done.. They know where they stand in the food chain when stock/close to stock, and it is those that have work done that usually WANT a piece...
    I agree. People think that anyone with a civic will come and rev at you and they are just a bunch of "rice boys"... yet in reality, every civic hatch that has EVER instigated anything with me has had the power to back it up. I like to think that most civic hatch owners know where they stand as you say, and will not start something if they know they are going to get destroyed.
    I have had a few intake/exhaust 16sec civic coupes and sedans try crap, but never a hatch. As a matter of fact I have ran around 6 or so hatches and have been beaten by atleast 3-4 of them. The only one's that I beat were never more than 2-3 cars back.

ignorant people give these cars WAY too little credit
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

go away

heh, YOU'RE defending spending 2-3X the value of a car to make it go faster and I'm the idiot? THAT explains why you would insult someone personally for stating their opinion in an public forum called "WRX vs. the world". I was just saying that no matter how fast that Civic is, I'd still rather have the EVO...how the hell did someone get out of that that I'm a WRX snob or mentally deficient? I'm not going to start a flame war by responding in kind, but just keep in mind that not everyone in this forum would strap a rocket to their ass and light it just to win a street race

...and I'm certainly not going to say anything about a man who not only watches Smallville, but gets excited because a new season is coming. just relax, and don't get your panties all in a bunch.
    Last edited by blarg; 03-17-2005 at 09:48 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Get yourself a Cheap EG Hatch with a good shell and a blown motor for CHEAP. Find a RSX Type S that some HS Kid rolled showing off hiz V-TAK to his Girlfriend, get the motor and tranny for a bout $6000. Swap, have a low 13 second ride BEFORE mods. I sometimes wonder why I did not do this. I mean the car is cheap; the reliability would be there as youíre not making enough torque to break anything. Handing would be there. Insurance would be CHEAP even full coverage for a 12 year old Civic.

I would love one, Boltonís and Honda data you would have a Mid 12 all motor ride that is good on gas and as reliable as a Civic.
    I'm not disputing that a Civic with an engine swap (especially a K20x) can't be made quick, but there is so much more to making a fast car than building the engine. Unfortunately, because it is so easy and relatively cheap to build up a Civic hatch that all these highschool kids get them and only work on the powerside of things. They forget that the car was never setup to handle 200+whp, cannot brake or turn very well with that much power, and heaven forbid if you get into a crash in one.

Now, if they also do a brake upgrade, maybe add a LSD, go with improved struts/springs or coilovers, then that changes things for the better. The problem is, most kids don't have the cash (nor the desire to spend the cash) on anything but power. I'm sure those cars are excessively fun in the snow and rain.

Also, good luck with insurance if they ever find out your car is modded. Lightly modded cars might be able to sneak by in a claim but a Civic hatch with a swapped K20? Good luck, they'll just laugh and deny your claim.

So yes, done right, those little suckers can be very quick and probably somewhat fun to drive. I just hate when people bring up the argument "well I spent $10k on my car and it will smoke your $30k car." Yeah, well duh. I could buy a cheap Mustang, mod it, and smoke modded Civics and STis all day, or a Fiero and drop a 350 (or is it the LS1 motor??) in it. While those cars would be fun, they aren't well rounded.

Personally, I would rather spend $10k on power and suspension mods for my STi and make it run high-11s all day, reliably, and still be very streetable and very competitive on a road course.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Well I was in the Evo tonight when a white Civic hatch pulls up next to me. I look over and he motions me to put my window down which I do and he asks if I am stock. I say yes and he asks if I want to run since we had a clear road ahead and I had to force back an urge to laugh and said sure. I wasn't even going to bother launching but figured he may have a few mods so I should at least try a little. Light went green and he actually burns some rubber and pulls a car ahead, I was like I throw it into 2nd and he starts pulling even harder. Now I REALLY put my foot down but he keeps pulling and had a good 4-5 length lead when I eased up at around 85mph. I see him turn up ahead of me and take off and I still couldnt believe it.

Anyhoo, I call up one of my friends who knows everyone with a fast car in town and he knows the guy. Turns out his Civic has a K20A something or other engine swap from the RSX Type S, major turbo package, exhaust etc...the thing puts down around 300whp and runs mid 12s Thats ALOT of power going into a 2200lb car, that weighs 1,000lbs less than my Evo. I dont know how many of these things there are around but I'll have to make sure not to take any car lightly because you never know whats under the hood.
    If the car really does have a "major turbo package" he should be running better than mid 12's. An Rsx-s with a stg 1 turbo kit should be in the low 12's - High 11's. If you put the K20 w/ turbo into a EG hatch, it should be running at LEAST low 12's all day. That is unless the guy can't driver for $hit.

IMO, i think the guy was all motor. Probably with all the bolt-ons, maybe some upgraded internals, and Hondata. Those things are pretty damn quick. Good run!!
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

go away
    you took the words right out of my mouth (or hands or whatever) ... There is nothing wrong with a fast civic if anything you should respect that guy
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    If the car really does have a "major turbo package" he should be running better than mid 12's. An Rsx-s with a stg 1 turbo kit should be in the low 12's - High 11's.
    Nope.

Stage 2 RSX-S:
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/member.php...fo&userid=7258

Slicks = 11.90 @ 119 mph
    Street tires = 13.24 @ 106 mph.

Official 1/4 mile times for the RSX-S:
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...18#post567618/

(scroll down for turbo)

The stage 1s are fast but not as fast as you would imagine - definitely not low 12s/high 11s.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 03-17-2005 at 12:22 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Nope.

Stage 2 RSX-S:

Slicks = 11.90 @ 119 mph

(scroll down for turbo)

The stage 1s are fast but not as fast as you would imagine - definitely not low 12s/high 11s.

Depends on what the Stage 1 package entails. If its got all the goodies, it could be pushing 300whp. However, as you duely noted, its not going to hit 11s on the street without some sticky ass tires. On street tires, its most likely a low 13 second car, maybe high 12s that will be a freakin' beast from a roll. But from a stop, it'll probably spin through 3 gears before it gains traction.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

[QUOTE=Digitalfiend][QUOTE=fastwrx135]If the car really does have a "major turbo package" he should be running better than mid 12's. An Rsx-s with a stg 1 turbo kit should be in the low 12's - High 11's.

Nope.

Stage 2 RSX-S:

Slicks = 11.90 @ 119 mph

(scroll down for turbo)

Yes, but thats in a 2900lb RSX. He was talking about dropping that engine into a 2200lb Civic, it will be faster.

[QUOTE=mball][QUOTE=Digitalfiend]
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    If the car really does have a "major turbo package" he should be running better than mid 12's. An Rsx-s with a stg 1 turbo kit should be in the low 12's - High 11's.

Yes, but thats in a 2900lb RSX. He was talking about dropping that engine into a 2200lb Civic, it will be faster.
    I understand that, i was just referring to the RSX-S since that's what he quoted. You are right though, 700lbs is a big difference.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Well, of course, but he'll probably have even less traction than a stage 1 RSX on the street. I'm not trying to say that turbo Civics and RSXs can't be made fast - I'm just saying that unless they are running drags on the street, especially on a light car, they won't be putting that power down.

I've seen a few videos of 300whp RSXs losing to less powerful cars because they can't put down the power until the race is almost over.

Obviously, if they start the race from what I like to call a "Honda roll" (you know, starting at 90-100mph ), then traction isn't much of an issue and they are nice and fast up there.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I Support ClubWRX

go away
    Please play nice or the thread will be locked.

If you have 300WHP in a 2200 Hatch, you woudl need over 400WHP in your WRX/STI to pull him.

He has an advantage in Drivetrain loss
    Gearing (IF An LS Tranny is used, LONG Gears)
    Areo Dynamics
    Top End Breathing
    Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Well, of course, but he'll probably have even less traction than a stage 1 RSX on the street. I'm not trying to say that turbo Civics and RSXs can't be made fast - I'm just saying that unless they are running drags on the street, especially on a light car, they won't be putting that power down.

I've seen a few videos of 300whp RSXs losing to less powerful cars because they can't put down the power until the race is almost over.

Obviously, if they start the race from what I like to call a "Honda roll" (you know, starting at 90-100mph ), then traction isn't much of an issue and they are nice and fast up there.
    mball was right, i was talking about the K20 w/ turbo in a civic hatch. Since its lighter than an RSX, it will have a little more trouble getting traction, but it should still run faster in the 1/4 than an RSX due to the weight. With slicks, the car should be in the high 11's - low 12's, I forgot to mention in my previous post that i meant with slicks. With street tires, probably high 12's.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    heh, YOU'RE defending spending 2-3X the value of a car to make it go faster and I'm the idiot? THAT explains why you would insult someone personally for stating their opinion in an public forum called "WRX vs. the world". I was just saying that no matter how fast that Civic is, I'd still rather have the EVO...how the hell did someone get out of that that I'm a WRX snob or mentally deficient? I'm not going to start a flame war by responding in kind, but just keep in mind that not everyone in this forum would strap a rocket to their ass and light it just to win a street race

...and I'm certainly not going to say anything about a man who not only watches Smallville, but gets excited because a new season is coming. just relax, and don't get your panties all in a bunch.
    biggest tool ever
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast