C6 playing with EVO... Anyone here???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on C6 playing with EVO... Anyone here??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not a "kill" story... Just got home from a night out cruising and happened to run into a red EVO ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up C6 playing with EVO... Anyone here???

Not a "kill" story...

Just got home from a night out cruising and happened to run into a red EVO leaving the weekly VW meet. Older guy (mid 30's- early 40's) with what looked like exhaust... We were side-by-side at a light and I wasn't about to make my stand in 30 degree weather on stock tires, so we rolled to about 30 in first ( I heard his turbo spooling, I miss that sound) and punched it. I got a little tirespin in first and pulled about a car, then quick-shifted to 2nd at about 5500 rpm. Pulled another car length and we both had to shut down for an upcoming vehicle. He and a few other VWs got on the highway behind me and I decided to call it a night and head home...

On the way here I had to pass the meeting spot anyway so I decided to check it out and sure enough they were back there. The guy was really cool and said the car was flashed. Anyway, just felt like posting the story, as this is pretty much my first run in with an EVO in the new car. Didn't get the guys name... Was it anyone here?

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Sweet, you big bully driving around in a C6. You might not have the turbo whine anymore but im sure your car sounds like a beast.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Not me, I wana run a C6. I can beat C5's easy enough, wana step up to that c6.

Hey, which is faster? A C6 or a Z06 405HP? from a roll? just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by TSi AWD
    Not me, I wana run a C6. I can beat C5's easy enough, wana step up to that c6.

Hey, which is faster? A C6 or a Z06 405HP? from a roll? just wondering?

pretty similar, but the Z06 has a slight advantage
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Good job workin the Evo Tommy.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

I would Figure teh Z06 would have a slight topend advantage but the C6 has got to be more tractable with a no doubt broader torque curve.

I would rather have a C6 then an 03 Z06 BUT it MUST have a Z51 suspension, not sure if I wanted teh shorter gears, probably for more punch.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    pretty similar, but the Z06 has a slight advantage
    Dyno run showing a C6 on the same dyno as a 2003 Z06. HP to the wheels gives the C6 the advantage, especially at lower RPM's.
    http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php...highlight=dyno

Curb weight for a 2003 Z06 is 3118 lbs
    Curb weight for a base C6 coupe is 3179 lbs.

60 lb weight advantage for the 2003 Z06, probably not enough to make up for the HP difference, IMO.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

ok....................I just spent an hour on the Vette forums, really nice happy guys, then again there is no rice infestation and just some random Viper bashing.

There seems to be a WILD inconsistency in the ľ mile times. The slowest I have seen from a C6 M6 is 12.7 @ 109MPH with a 2.1 60 foot which I would just dust by half a second and 5MPH or so, depending on boost and a sub 1.8 60 FOOT. I average 1.7ís but I am easy on my Evo

The fastest is about a 12.4 @ 114 which would be a CLOSE race but again If I get the whole shot I could win, he can only get a 1.9 60 foot.

Then there is some nut with a 100% stock 03 Z06 who dynoíd @ 355RWHP (DynoJet) and he gets 12.0 @ 117 which unless I ran race gas, he would beat me. Damn that car is impressive. Fastest was an 11.8 @ 118 but not repeatable.

Each one of these C6ís is getting anywhere between 335 and 355 RWHP on a Dynojet, torque a little lower in the 345 MAX range. Oddly enough the Automatics get lower whp, but WAY HIGHER torque, ranging in 360 to the rear wheels. Guess that is what the auto does. The 06 Vette's will get a 6Speed auto, sadly itíll be slower and probably weaker then the HD4 Truck tranny that is currently in use but infinitely more refined.

I think I can take one, especially from a stop. Form a roll, wow, the CID on this car is amazing @ .28; it would just walk by me unless I picked up an additional 30WHP or so to compensate my .33, damn it.

Thatís it; I am building a Honda Hybrid. It weighs almost nothing, will weigh less when I pull out those heavy batteries and electric motors. Swap in a built K20 and some boost, keep the weight at 2200 pounds coupled with a get this .22 CID!!!! That would own some bikes with a healthy 450FWHP, damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Dyno run showing a C6 on the same dyno as a 2003 Z06. HP to the wheels gives the C6 the advantage, especially at lower RPM's.
    http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php...highlight=dyno

Curb weight for a 2003 Z06 is 3118 lbs
    Curb weight for a base C6 coupe is 3179 lbs.

60 lb weight advantage for the 2003 Z06, probably not enough to make up for the HP difference, IMO.
    I agree that the C6 has the broader torque and overall power curve, but he asked which was "faster". In my observation and experience the Z06's are pulling off better times than the C6's. I have seen several Z06's go low 12's and many, many in the mid 12's where as the C6 tends to be more in the mid 12's consistantly.

I would still buy the C6 over the Z06 though.... I am not a big american car guy, but that car is freaking amazing!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah but LEAF SPRINGS? I can't get past that....

Yeah but LEAF SPRINGS? I can't get past that....

Hey, it handles better than my rex did!

PICS & MODS

Yeah I had them on my 1885 Wagon.

I find it funny that the Newest Vette has a supesnions design way over 100 years old on it.

Yeah I had them on my 1885 Wagon.

I find it funny that the Newest Vette has a supesnions design way over 100 years old on it.

Well, if we are getting into history lessons, then so are your DOH cams...

If it works...

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Not a "kill" story...Didn't get the guys name... Was it anyone here?...
    Yea, it was me.

...wait, i have a red wrx, not evo.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I agree that the C6 has the broader torque and overall power curve, but he asked which was "faster". In my observation and experience the Z06's are pulling off better times than the C6's. I have seen several Z06's go low 12's and many, many in the mid 12's where as the C6 tends to be more in the mid 12's consistantly.

I would still buy the C6 over the Z06 though.... I am not a big american car guy, but that car is freaking amazing!!!
    There aren't many C6's out and about around Chicagoland right now, and obviously none at the tracks. Once people get more familiar with their new cars, and more of them start hitting the tracks, there will be a greater sample of numbers from multiple skill levels of drivers. Right now there are probably 100 Z06's that have been to the track for every one or two C6's...

I'm looking forward to seeing some C6's run at the local tracks around here in the upcoming months.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast